Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monster under the bed?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Kbails17Kbails17 Posts: 1 New Member
    It's Been 7 sim nights and the monster under the bed hasn't appeared do I need the kids room pack for it or something becuase my teen can still spray the bed and I have a kid
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2016
    Kbails17 wrote: »
    It's Been 7 sim nights and the monster under the bed hasn't appeared do I need the kids room pack for it or something becuase my teen can still spray the bed and I have a kid
    No, the monster under the bed came in a game patch. Along with the wall light that suppose to keep the monster at bay.
    ETA: Hello, and Welcome to the Forums! :)

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Hello @Kbails17 .
    You don't need to have the kids room pack for the monster to appear. If you have the night light in the room, remove it. Don't have the older sims spray the bed.
    I hope that the monster appears in your home very soon.
  • Options
    So I've been through eight sim nights and still have not seen a monster. My son has the outgoing trait, sleeps in a single kids bed, hasn't sprayed the monster repellent, doesn't have the nightlight, and still no monster? I even got rid of all of the windows in his room for good measure. Do you guys have your game on the fast forward mode when the monster appears? Or does that even matter? I'm not sure what to do to get this thing to show up?! Any tips would be helpful! Thanks!
    Hello, and welcome to the Forums!
    I have had to spray for monsters in my game before I was able to get one to appear in my game. Try spraying for monsters first, and have the child sleep in that bed. And then wake that child up, and see what happens. It what I had to do in my game to get one to appear.

• Options
    So I've been through eight sim nights and still have not seen a monster. My son has the outgoing trait, sleeps in a single kids bed, hasn't sprayed the monster repellent, doesn't have the nightlight, and still no monster? I even got rid of all of the windows in his room for good measure. Do you guys have your game on the fast forward mode when the monster appears? Or does that even matter? I'm not sure what to do to get this thing to show up?! Any tips would be helpful! Thanks!
    It just occurred to me that having needs decay disabled in the game for that family might be the reason why the monster isn't showing up. Do you have needs decay disabled through cheats in your game?

• Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member

@mmhazelwood11 & @Kbails17,

It has been 5 nights for me now too, and no monster. I guess patience is the key. I don't have the nightlight, and I have not sprayed under the bed yet--though that option is open for my Sim to do so. It's kind of funny how the times are so random for different players...
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2016
    I have several Sims children getting scared and trying to befriend, but it won't allow them. So, they get someone else to spray it away. :) Also, I have not placed a specific light yet.
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    Just as I left this post, and played again, it happened on the 6th night. I have only sprayed also. I don't have the nightlight & my sim has been trying to befriend the monster also, but it won't allow her--yet.
  • Options
    Just as I left this post, and played again, it happened on the 6th night. I have only sprayed also. I don't have the nightlight & my sim has been trying to befriend the monster also, but it won't allow her--yet.

Hello
    It is great that the monster has now appeared in your game :) I hope that your sim will soon be able to befriend it!
  • Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    First of all calm down with the questions XD

I don't know. I don't know. And no.

If you have these on the kid's room:

2tzNmDC.png

The monster does not appear. They are anti-monster lights :)

Does the light have to be turned on?
    I had one of these lights in my kids room off, but the monster still appeared
  • Options
    AUWoofie wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    First of all calm down with the questions XD

I don't know. I don't know. And no.

If you have these on the kid's room:

2tzNmDC.png

The monster does not appear. They are anti-monster lights :)

Does the light have to be turned on?
    I had one of these lights in my kids room off, but the monster still appeared
    In order to keep the monster from returning? Yes, that light in the pic must be on all night long. So that means that you can't do auto-light on those. If you do, and no sims are moving in that room. Those light will shut off like any other that's on auto-light after so many minutes. And then the monster could come back then.

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It took about a week for the monster to show up but when it did, it returned on a regular basis.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Does anyone else have issues with the monster appearing on the wrong side of the bed? My sim interacts with one side but the tentacles are coming out of the side facing the wall.
  • Options
    Does anyone else have issues with the monster appearing on the wrong side of the bed? My sim interacts with one side but the tentacles are coming out of the side facing the wall.
    I would be lucky if I got the monster to appear more than once in my game. So to answer your question from my stand point on this, no. I don't have that problem in my game.

• Options
    Bb3667Bb3667 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so upset because my children sleep in the same room so about every night the monster will come even tho my adult sims have sprayed it multiple times! They can't get any sleep which causes them to have barely passing grades at school and other things like being hungry, dirty, or not having enough fun. I keep a light in my twins room on all the time but this doesn't seem to affect the monster at all, it'll even come around in the morning like at 7:30am
  • Options
    Bb3667 wrote: »
    I'm so upset because my children sleep in the same room so about every night the monster will come even tho my adult sims have sprayed it multiple times! They can't get any sleep which causes them to have barely passing grades at school and other things like being hungry, dirty, or not having enough fun. I keep a light in my twins room on all the time but this doesn't seem to affect the monster at all, it'll even come around in the morning like at 7:30am

Hello @Bb3667
    There is night light that helps to prevent monsters appearing.. Try searching for the light in build/buy mode. It is called "Coolala Defender Light". This article has a picture of it. It needs to go on the bedhead wall, low down near where the pillows are. It needs to be left on overnight.
    https://simsvip.com/2016/06/24/sims-4-playing-monsters-bed/
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Does the type of bed matter? Like single or double? :o I haven't gotten to play today.

It will only appear on single beds. =)

This is great news. Unlike the OP, my children seem to wake up every single night in a panic over the monster under the bed. They've since befriended it so they don't awaken all the other household members but man... they are getting so sleepy and having to go to school tired every day! I'm going to go replace all my singles with double beds!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Hello @duhboy2u2
    You could also try placing the "Coolala Defender Light" on their bedhead wall, leaving the light on overnight, and see if that helps to prevent the monsters appearing.
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    Can i get a like to help me out i am new?
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.