Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monster under the bed?

PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
So, It's been 2 sim nights... I don't see a monster under the bed... I have 2 kids in the household, but none of them see the monster. There is an option to spray the bed, but no monster. How often does the monster appear? What time? Do you have to have any particular trait for the monster to appear?

The monster just showed up! :D It appeared at 6 AM. It was hilarious to watch my child sim all scared and panicking)) haha
Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    First of all calm down with the questions XD

I don't know. I don't know. And no.

If you have these on the kid's room:

2tzNmDC.png

The monster does not appear. They are anti-monster lights :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    You don't need a particular trait, no. It just has to be a child Sim and they have to be in a single bed and it has to be night (after 8PM I believe). You also have to be controlling the child Sim to see the monsters, as teen+ can't see them. Monsters won't come if you've already sprayed the bed or if you have the anti monster night lamp. Maybe try deleting your bed and rebuying it? A monster turned up on my first night, so just hang in there. :smiley:
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

2tzNmDC.png

Haha)) Sorry, sometimes I get carried away)

I don't have the lamp and all the lights are off
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    You don't need a particular trait, no. It just has to be a child Sim and they have to be in a single bed and it has to be night (after 8PM I believe). You also have to be controlling the child Sim to see the monsters, as teen+ can't see them. Monsters won't come if you've already sprayed the bed or if you have the anti monster night lamp. Maybe try deleting your bed and rebuying it? A monster turned up on my first night, so just hang in there. :smiley:

So if you sprayed the bed even once the monster will never appear, right?

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

So if you sprayed the bed even once the monster will never appear, right?

It won't appear for some time. Have no idea how much though since I haven't "tested it" or played much today. The lamp is what will not make the monster ever appear if it's in the room.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Does the type of bed matter? Like single or double? :o I haven't gotten to play today.
  • SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    Cement wrote: »
    Does the type of bed matter? Like single or double? :o I haven't gotten to play today.

It will only appear on single beds. =)
  • SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)

2tzNmDC.png

You can have the lamp, but if it is turned on, the Monster will not appear. If it is off, it can.
  • Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member

Read the bolded text
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

2tzNmDC.png

You can have the lamp, but if it is turned on, the Monster will not appear. If it is off, it can.

So cute :) More of this kind of stuff please! (Paid or not :p)

Well done guys! Been an amazing month for The Sims 4.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2016
    Did you get it to work? :smile:
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Mine happened around 1 am. She immediatly got up scared and talked to it and I got a notification that the monster did not want to be friends or something along those lines. She then ran into her parents room and woke up her dad and asked him to spray under the bed.

Really cute animations and I love the fact she runs to her parents! I remember doing that when I was young too
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    That's totally Pikachu
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    tumblr_o990nvxWXF1t1fm14o3_1280.jpg

I got one the second night in the Pancake household. While Elias tried to talk to the monster, his twinsister made a cellphone pic of it. However, both have really low creativity skills, so the picture turned out looking like a wet dustpile. I do not think this will convince their parents that the monster is real ;)
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Oh, thanks for answering. I must be blind today LOL
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I got my monster on the fourth night.

h1Mil8e.png

cqGqGZF.png

oNhHkn2.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Okay, I gotta get another kid in my game asap. I just aged up my teenager.. this looks really cute.
    egTcBMc.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I got a monster the first night, second night and third night. Poor kid was exhausted. I bought the light but the monster showed up for a forth night. I moved the doll house to the basement and bought a double bed. No monster! The monster and reactions are super cute but my child needs her sleep. Wish I knew why the light didn't work for me, then I could have a weekend monster.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I sprayed the bed on night 1, no monters came. On night 2 I didn't spray and a monster appeared. The following night, another kid got the monster under her bed. 3 kids in the household and the second child got the monster about every night. Poor thing! I wish I had known about the lamp before. I only read about it after they aged up to teens.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

It will only appear on single beds. =)

Thanks for the info.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    One thing that pleasantly surprised me is how easily the panic interaction can be cancelled out of the queque. I'm a control freak who takes offense in when the wrong kid panics (aka one that should, according to the character I have in mind for it, stay calm or even interested), so this was welcome. Also, while the monster is out, kids cannot use their beds to sleep in, but they can still nap. AND I was afraid it would only appear under kiddie beds, but as stated before, every single bed works.
    Just wanted to say this, because I usually go "I hate all the patchs" (except for unisex cas and pools).
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I somehow managed to get the monster on my first night. Halle was so panicky for being a gothic child. I tried to get her to talk to it, but she was so frightened she woke up everyone in the household. lol!
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • SophieClaire_8SophieClaire_8 Posts: 145 Member
    Those lights have been a godsend to me! After the patch, the monster under the bed has been showing up every single night in my game. The kids would wake up, panicking, and proceed to run around the house waking up every member of the family. Every. Single. Night.
    Origin ID: SophieClaire_8
    Tumblr: sophieclaire8-blog.tumblr.com/
  • BerrySim79BerrySim79 Posts: 51 Member
    I've went into my third Sim day with my Sim family and I still haven't seen a monster. I'm anxious to see this monster and reading that the child would actually run to the parents room, or...wake up other Sims in the house makes me more anxious to see. Does it matter if the child is on a vacation lot to see the monster? or do they have to be on their home lot only?
  • SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    I just had my first encounter, and I wasn't entertained - it took 3.5 sims hours to get triplets back to sleep. I didn't know about the light, but I'll make sure to have a light in every kid room from now on.