Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many girls are on Kids Room's box art? And how many boys?

Comments

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    Children also can be trans?
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't think that EA changed the programing of children when they released the patch. So it is a tomboy for now.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    All I see is 6 pre-pubescent kids that seem to be enjoying their childhood. That is all that matters.
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    /sitting back munching popcorn waiting for this to turn into "why I hate Sims 4!" and "where are toddlers?!"
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    2 girls 4 boys... Im not sure about the dark skinned one
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I don't think that EA changed the programing of children when they released the patch. So it is a tomboy for now.
    They didn't, but basically all of the kids clothes and hair can be worn by both genders, aside from dresses
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited June 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I say 2 girls and 4 boys.

Is the girl in pink decapitating that doll? Can they do that? Will they be able to do that? Would you like it if kids could break their toys?
    I think they already can. I know the doll heads and doll body objects (as well as the intact doll) have been in debug for a while.

They have always been able to decapitate the dolls, in TS2 and TS3 even the toddlers did.

Oh I thought 4 boys and 2 girls. But I guess it really doesn't matter.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Why does it matter?
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Sheesh
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    6 girls and 6 boys. :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I was thinking 2 girls, 2 boys, and 2 androgynous kids who could be either.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,628 Member
    SimSara wrote: »
    I see 3 boys and 3 girls. The black sim looks like a girl to me, maybe a bit tom-boyish. *shrugs*

Same. I think she's a girl too from the way she's sitting.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    kristinkelseykristinkelsey Posts: 96 Member
    I think there are 3 girls. The only one I debate is the child with the short black hair. I identify this child as a boy but who really knows?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,760 Member
    is it just me but the boy on the left with glasses makes me think of John Darling from Peter Pan
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    3 cute girls and 3 cute boys
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    I see 3 girls and 3 boys. Sometimes gender equality does matter, because often cisgender white male is the default in advertising, and while white women are given more preference to any non-white, non-female person, they're often included as afterthoughts. "Here are our people. Oh, wait, we need some diversity. Put a woman in there, a dark-skinned guy, and Asian and a Latino." Usually, you have 5 people, 3 are male, 2 are female.

Anyway, gender here matters because while we're making progress on bringing (white, unfortunately) women to more equality, the default is still white cisgender male.

So the fact that things are equal is something to pay attention to, as well as racial diversity. I like that there's ambiguity here, though, in race as well as gender. The Sims work hard for diversity in their work, be it sexual orientation, gender, and now gender-expression.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Modifien what does cisgender mean? I see this posted a lot on here.
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Simanite cisgender means a person whose gender identity correspond with their genetalia. IE and baby born with male genitalia considers himself a male, a baby born with female genitalia considers herself a female.

edit - proper names for genitalia are apparently censored.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    Boy, girl, girl, girl, boy, boy.
    The boy in green might feel the female label fits her better later, but the girl with the cap is in my opinion just going through a tomboy phase and will turn out fully female in her teen years.

Argh, now you've made me care about premade sims :s
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    I see 3 girls and 3 boys.
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    I'd say from left to right boy, girl, girl, girl, boy, boy but I can't say for sure.
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I see six loud noise creators.

Seriously, I see 3 boys and 3 girls. Equality can be better represented in numbers here rather than outward appearance.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Im going with six kids as well, it all depends on what they prefer. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I really can't tell because of all these unisex hair in the game.

XLjjuM8.png

Top row, Left to right, girl in cap, next to her> boy with long hair, see how he is sitting and how she is sitting. Far right top, boy but unsure.
    Bottom row, boy, girl, boy. I assume.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,219 Member
    Eithe three boys , and three girls . Or Four boys with two girls