Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    edited August 2016
    Since it's 'Most Wanted' Discussion Week, here are some unposted pics from the series.

signaturead3.jpg

Screenshot-42.jpg

Screenshot-71.jpg

Screenshot-62.jpg

Screenshot-49.jpg
    signaturead4NOW.jpg
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @xJojox Reminder that you're hosting this upcoming week's discussion question. Pick a chapter or segment of Fine Lines for us to discuss and post questions sometime tomorrow (Friday, August 26th). :)

If you can't host for some reason, let me know and I'll either host for the week on your behalf OR someone else can volunteer on your behalf.
    :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Everyone doing alright? Just stopping by to see what's planned for this week's discussion.
  • Options
    @Simcraft81 I've been swamped with work, school, and car shopping. Finally got a car, got my homework done, and well, I'm not finished with work, but I'm finished for tonight. I believe @xJojox is hosting but if something comes up, it'll just be a free-for-all this week. I'm sure you'll all be okay with that given how busy everyone's been.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    I'm really sorry i haven't stepped up to host this week. I really do apologise. I have had quite a distressing week and have been quite ill as well.

But i am happy to talk about fine lines and answer any questions. I don't know about any other writers ... but i enjoy talking about my story in general because it makes me feel really good when i know people are reading it and enjoying it.

We can discuss characters, character building, future of fine lines :) Anything at all.
    I was not really prepared and we can focus more on individual chapters when fines lines chat comes up again
    but am happy to answer questions!

• Options
    xJojox wrote: »
    I'm really sorry i haven't stepped up to host this week. I really do apologise. I have had quite a distressing week and have been quite ill as well.

But i am happy to talk about fine lines and answer any questions. I don't know about any other writers ... but i enjoy talking about my story in general because it makes me feel really good when i know people are reading it and enjoying it.

We can discuss characters, character building, future of fine lines :) Anything at all.
    I was not really prepared and we can focus more on individual chapters when fines lines chat comes up again
    but am happy to answer questions!

@xJojox no worries. I understand. Gotta take care of yourself. Feel better. :)
    And yes, I'm happy to talk about whatever this week. No pressure everyone.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    guys I think I have to step away from this circle and make room for someone else. I feel like I can't keep up with it all and I suppose there are more people who want to participate. Since I'm focusing on sims stories and youtube at the same time that's taken up a big chunk of my free time. I admit I have a lot of time on my hands this september but so far I've been focusing on getting my life in order and writing my stories which are currently in hiatus. I don't want to let you guys down and not participate in discussion so I think I'd rather tell you up front and step down for a more active member.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Julyvee94 I know everyone is busy now. I'm happy to discuss with the others adjusting our reading schedule/discussions, but you have to do what's best for you. We're sorry to see you go, but I totally understand. I'm glad you were able to participate while you could. I hope to read much more from you in the future. Good luck with everything you're working on.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @xJojox, @CreamierThanMami, @JLBDreamer, @Simcraft81 I'm happy to discuss adjustments and make it easier for people however we can. If weekly discussions is too much, we can try biweekly or monthly. Or something else for this group. Suggestions are welcome. :)

On that note, with July leaving our circle, do you want to keep it closed to the 5 of us or should we open back up for a 6th member?

I was also going to ask about Sim of the Month. I was thinking for September (since we were supposed to be voting this week) - that our theme could be "Best or Most Interesting Teacher," or "Best Student or Learner," or "Most Studious" since September signals the back-to-school season. Thoughts?

I can think of a few from your stories I'd nominate.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    We could keep it at 5 members for a while and see how it works. Since we get busy with outside things it might be a little easier keeping up with stories discussions etc. I don't mind 6, and we can certainly open the spot back up. Bi weekly discussions sounds good.
  • Options
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    We could keep it at 5 members for a while and see how it works. Since we get busy with outside things it might be a little easier keeping up with stories discussions etc. I don't mind 6, and we can certainly open the spot back up. Bi weekly discussions sounds good.

I second biweekly and 5 members.

What do you think, @CreamierThanMami, @xJojox, and @JLBDreamer?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @everyone

Thoughts/Ideas on Sim of the Month?

This was my suggestion, but I'm fine with being overrruled.

I was also going to ask about Sim of the Month. I was thinking for September (since we were supposed to be voting this week) - that our theme could be "Best or Most Interesting Teacher," or "Best Student or Learner," or "Most Studious" since September signals the back-to-school season. Thoughts?

I can think of a few from your stories I'd nominate.

Also reading schedule/discussions... 1) do we want to leave it generic and open-ended, so the author can start a discussion during their designated week and write about whatever, or 2) should we include a set schedule like we did last time, working our way through each other's stories?

Suggested reading schedule if we opt for #2:
    August 26-September 8 @xJojox Fine Lines (Ch 1-2)
    September 9-September 22@CreamierThanMami Journey of a Thousand Steps (Prologue)
    September 23-October 6 @JLBDreamer Wild Hearts Vampiracy (Prolog & Chapter 1)
    October 7-20 @Adamseve1231 Kassiopeia Fullbright and the Lost Legacy (Ch 1-2)
    October 21-November 3 @Simcraft81 Sim Stories (pick one)

Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Sounds good. We should keep the School theme for 'Sim of the Month.' Discussion schedule is fine with me. I liked being able to choose the Story and discussion questions but with suggestion 2., I wouldn't have to announce what I'm discussing because it's already there :)
  • Options
    Sounds good. We should keep the School theme for 'Sim of the Month.' Discussion schedule is fine with me. I liked being able to choose the Story and discussion questions but with suggestion 2., I wouldn't have to announce what I'm discussing because it's already there :)

@everyone Let's just say we go with the school theme, that way we can get onto nominating and voting soon. I updated the SOTM guidelines for September. You can check here for specifics.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
  • Options
    Nomination
    Name: Vincent James Alvi
    Author: @AdamsEve1231
    Story: The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright - Chapter 2: Big Changes
    Knowing how VJ is in TS3 and in my Story, he surprised me! This sim is a good teacher to both Kass and Andi in this chapter. Kass seemed to assume VJ was a creep after seeing him with Andi but Kass witnessed what he had to say about the changes going on in the household. VJ defended Kass when Andi felt she didn't care and I feel that Kass was taught a lesson about guys and that they're not all the same lol. He's so different in 'Most Wanted' ;)
  • Options
    Nomination
    Name: Vincent James Alvi
    Author: @AdamsEve1231
    Story: The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright - Chapter 2: Big Changes
    Knowing how VJ is in TS3 and in my Story, he surprised me! This sim is a good teacher to both Kass and Andi in this chapter. Kass seemed to assume VJ was a creep after seeing him with Andi but Kass witnessed what he had to say about the changes going on in the household. VJ defended Kass when Andi felt she didn't care and I feel that Kass was taught a lesson about guys and that they're not all the same lol. He's so different in 'Most Wanted' ;)

Thanks for the nomination @Simcraft81.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Nomination for SOTM
    Name: Erica Wilder
    Author: @JLBDreamer
    Story: Wild Hearts: The Wilder Vampiracy
    Nomination for: Most Interesting Student and Best Teacher...
    Reason for Nomination: ...because I feel like she's both. Erica completely transforms from a low-level starving thief girl to the confident, inspiring, intelligent woman at the end of Gen 1. I feel like she schools Vlad because she beats him at his own game all while proving her worth to him, to the others, and ultimately to herself.
    Chapter/Link: I feel like Chapter 13: Galatea shows Erica as she reaches her pinnacle.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @everyone Since we're all a bit behind, we can extend nominations for a few days. I nominated technically after the 3rd. I've been away at a gaming convention and busy with adjusting to my new job. I'm going to try and catch up on reading and writing a bit since I technically have one more day before going back to work. I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

How is everyone doing?
    We've lost JulyVee and I haven't heard from some of you in awhile. I know everyone has busyness in their lives, and things that take priority over the Sims. I don't want anyone to feel overwhelmed and I'd like to do what I can to help anyone out if need be.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I'm doing fine. :)
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
  • Options
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    Hi. Sorry I just still have been pretty busy in real life. I should be able to do my nominations and start being around more once this week ends. I'll have done all the major errands/bills for this month and completed the last out of town doctor appointment I need to drive my sister to. My mom's appointments should be out here. I'm still waiting on surgery info though.

So yes I'm fine just still slogging through all of the medical stuff for my family.

Hey @JLBDreamer No worries. I totally understand family stuff and medical things. I so don't hold that against you. I just wanted to check in and see where everyone's at. I hope things slow down for you and you're able to get some R&R. You're a rockstar for taking care of your family! I'm sure they appreciate it!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest