Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited September 2016
    Thrippa wrote: »
    Actually I invited him over to meet the baby, and I saw him coming up in a sailboat ( :D ) but when he landed on the beach next to the pier, he threw a temper tantrum about routing and then went away again. So that might be why he stopped visiting. What puzzles me is my Sim, the postwoman, and the newspaper girl have had no problem getting to the boat.

Well, many workers in Isla Paraiso have been added a special teleporting capability. Same when your kids or adult sim are leaving, sometimes they'll boat away, sometimes, they'll just teleport. Looks like they forgot to add it for Aliens.

On the other hand, considering the aliens are best known for kidnapping people and returning the men pregnant, the story might work better if he just vanished from her life.

You have a point and that choice is yours. Your game is your story telling :D
    So far I've earned four badges in this game (shells, treasure chests, firewalk and alien baby), and failed one (bottles). Two are in progress (80 novels and the chain from Sci Fi to Vaudeville - I've just finished the 2nd romance ) and the poetry will be the next one I write so that's one more.

Actually, "Moonlight Novelist" (the achievement about the "Book club moderator" writing a book) would also fit well in this chain of achievement. Remember though that some specific genre are not included in the 80 books (mainly: comics)
    Screenshot-25.jpg

I'm trying to collect 5 hidden islands but Beryl didn't unlock even though I managed to get my Sim to walk across it in the fog. I boated all around it, swam all around it, and finally said 'swim here' to a point directly opposite where Lucy was, and she swam into the fog and walked across the island, and then swam to the designated point.

"Born Explorer" (discover five "uncharted islands") is kinda buggy, and just won't work if you have a fairly large household. My sim had the "Great Explorer" lifewhish, she fulfilled it, but "Born Explorer" did not trigger. A small household seems to be required. I also think you'll have a problem with three specific islands: "No Trouble Atoll" (the one that require a 5 stars resort, "Cay to the City" (the one that require your sims to save thirty drowning sims*), and "Diver's Den" (the one that require you to reach topmost level "Diving" skill and explore the finale cave), as they all require a lot of time and efforts. Also, your sim must NOT be a "Mermaid" in order to unlock "Refuge Island" ("Mermaids" can't complete the fifth "Opportunity" in the chain).

* You DO can save drowning sims when not a lifeguard, however, you are unlikely to encounter them.
    This game is weird, sometimes.

Indeed... :/
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I found the one to write 80 books very quick and easy to achieve. They don't need to be written by one sim.

I made 8 Sims who had suitable traits - can't remember them all at the moment - but they were traits like couch potato and bookish type traits.

I put them into a house with a big room with at least 8 desks with computers and set them to work writing 10 books each.

They had beds and other minimal requirements for survival and they sat in this little house on an island in Isla Paradiso. In the end some wrote more books and others wrote less but between them they did the 80 books and the badge was achieved and I didn't play with them again. They are still in my library though. I made two households of 4 sims and merged them into one household.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I put them into a house with a big room with at least 8 desks with computers and set them to work writing 10 books each.

I am setting up a elixir creating pool the same as you have done for your writers so that I can achieve An Amazing Alchemic Achievement

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I didn't realize that comic books didn't count towards the 80; I'll keep that in mind. Right before starting the second Vaudeville book, I got an Opportunity to write one, so I'll kill two birds with one stone.

I threw a party and invited 4 locals (humans and mermaids), and the two aliens Lucy knows. Everyone came except papa. On the other hand I tried to go out to Beryl Shoals again and before I got to the edge of the mist it all cleared away. So now I have four islands, I just have to pick which of the tricky ones to do.

On a different household, is there advice or a 'broken' ruling on the epitaph writer mauled by a bear? I have a sim who is, and has been mauled repeatedly, with at least four different messages, with and without the moodlet, as a teen and as a young adult. I put cheats on one time and ran him through for a Sim week deleting the moodlet and boosting needs as necessary and still no go.
  • Options
    I didn't realize that comic books didn't count towards the 80; I'll keep that in mind. Right before starting the second Vaudeville book, I got an Opportunity to write one, so I'll kill two birds with one stone.

You more or less have two try to work on as many things as possible, otherwise, things can be very lengthily!
    I threw a party and invited 4 locals (humans and mermaids), and the two aliens Lucy knows. Everyone came except papa.

Well, I just remembered that many NPCs "Aliens" being a game already in the "Elder" age, and all "Aliens" I've had tend to pass away quickly of old age. So, given your sim went through a pregnancy, I guess "Papa" might not be around for that long...
    On the other hand I tried to go out to Beryl Shoals again and before I got to the edge of the mist it all cleared away. So now I have four islands, I just have to pick which of the tricky ones to do.

Which one you already have? Do you have a link on what to do to get them?
    On a different household, is there advice or a 'broken' ruling on the epitaph writer mauled by a bear? I have a sim who is, and has been mauled repeatedly, with at least four different messages, with and without the moodlet, as a teen and as a young adult. I put cheats on one time and ran him through for a Sim week deleting the moodlet and boosting needs as necessary and still no go.

Unfortunately, besides: "When given a choice, try different options." and "Keep trying until your sim gets mauled by the right bear..." there's not much I can say. When given a choice, try different option. Killing the moodlet with a cheat like you said will speed things up a bit.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @Thrippa BTW, do you have the "Alien Tech Expert" achievement (Putting all upgrades at least once on an UFO)? If not, adding an "Alien" might help (you just need their UFO, so you could have him move in, to kick him out shortly after ;) ) However, you need a sim with decent "Handiness" skill, or a "Witch", but I suggest going for it once you'll get the "Born Explorer"
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    I just got the Alien Tech Expert with my witch last week.

I haven't tried for the one to be mailed by a bear though. It seems a bit hit and miss. Maybe one day I'll give it a g.
  • Options
    The random event badges can get tedious. I am trying for Tastes Like Foot with two sims with Socially Awkward traits. So far, one of them had the foot in mouth moodlet come up once.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Me1620 wrote: »
    The random event badges can get tedious. I am trying for Tastes Like Foot with two sims with Socially Awkward traits. So far, one of them had the foot in mouth moodlet come up once.

"Tastes Like Foot" seems to be rather frequent when the "Socially Awkward" sim gives romantic compliments "Romantic"/"Compliment Personality" or "Compliment Appearance".

On a personal note, I consider myself "Socially Awkward", and I understand that a well intended compliment with the wrong wording does lead to such situations...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    This thread has gotten rather busy this week!

For the islands, I currently have Beryl Shoals, the adventure-at-the-resort one, the collect the map pieces one, and the one from the Pearl dive lot. I have a couple of mermaid friends, but they never show up when I'm diving - only other humans. But I"m currently hoping to get that one for my 5th island. I did get the 2 of each genre badge today, so that's one more down. I also managed to win a pie-eating contest somehow, so I'll have her try hotdogs when the season rolls around. (I've avoided that badge because I tend to think eating competitions are disgusting.) I did think it was rather funny though when she came home with pie all over her face and I discovered a key lime pie in her inventory - no idea where she picked that up - and I told her to 'clean it up' after her shower. She got a wasted food moodlet - not for all the berry pies she'd gorged on but the one she threw away. I do need 'Alien Tech'; will an alien child work (once she's grown up a bit) as well as a witch?

I have a different save with a socially awkward Sim, and I've only gotten one foot moodlet with her as well. That's the same one with the poor mauled teen whose fate seems to be continuing to get mauled. . . .
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    This thread has gotten rather busy this week!

For the islands, I currently have Beryl Shoals, the adventure-at-the-resort one, the collect the map pieces one, and the one from the Pearl dive lot. I have a couple of mermaid friends, but they never show up when I'm diving - only other humans. But I"m currently hoping to get that one for my 5th island.

I did it the other way around, and, besides, not all mermaids qualify... You need those "special" NPCs merdais, like "Salty Seaworthy" (easiest way to recognize them is they keep their "normal" legs underwater. Get acquainted with one at "his/her" diving spot, meet him again latter ashore to get "Good Friend" or better, then return to the same diving spot at that "Mermaid"'s normal business hour (they tend to go to "Diving Spot" as if it was scheduled. Once you see him/her there, make a first social interaction (any) and then wait. The mermaid will "Talk about Seaweed", sharks and such, but eventually will engage in a special interaction that will end up the two of them traveling to the island.
    I did get the 2 of each genre badge today, so that's one more down. I also managed to win a pie-eating contest somehow, so I'll have her try hotdogs when the season rolls around. (I've avoided that badge because I tend to think eating competitions are disgusting.) I did think it was rather funny though when she came home with pie all over her face and I discovered a key lime pie in her inventory - no idea where she picked that up - and I told her to 'clean it up' after her shower. She got a wasted food moodlet - not for all the berry pies she'd gorged on but the one she threw away.

I think eating competition are gross too, and, in the game, sims keep throwing up during and after them...
    I do need 'Alien Tech'; will an alien child work (once she's grown up a bit) as well as a witch?

The "Witch" purpose was only to "Magically Upgrade" rather that to upgrade the classic way. You need somebody who's level 7 and higher to upgrade the UFO, and I *think* only "Adults" and older can use the UFO in those three special ways, but I also *think* that if they group up with a "Child" or a "Teen", they can "Travel to Space" as a group.
    That's the same one with the poor mauled teen whose fate seems to be continuing to get mauled. . . .

Well, wish I could help you more...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    The Alien Tech badge just says 'your sim' so I suspect any sim who is capable of doing the upgrade would work. It is just that I currently have a household of mostly witches. And my only fairy/genie doesn't have much handiness skill so I had no choice but to use a witch - and I got her to magically upgrade it.
  • Options
    The Alien Tech badge just says 'your sim' so I suspect any sim who is capable of doing the upgrade would work. It is just that I currently have a household of mostly witches. And my only fairy/genie doesn't have much handiness skill so I had no choice but to use a witch - and I got her to magically upgrade it.

Well, you have to be of a certain "Handiness" level to perform individual upgrades. If I remember correctly, you need to be at least level 3 to make items "Self Cleaning". Most of the other ones can be found there:
    carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/handiness/

In the case of the UFO, I *think* the required skill level is 7 for each of the three upgrades (Again, if I remember correctly, "Laser Guns" to gain the ability to attack a lot and create massive hysteria, "Improved Space Engine" to gain the ability to travel to space and perform a rabbithole adventure, and "Tractor Beam" to gain the ability to abduct a sim, and then release him/her with a "It was only a joke!"), and they takes like 10 hours for a sim with level 10, so that's why "Magically Upgrade" is preferable by far.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Lexers615 wrote: »

Well, you have to be of a certain "Handiness" level to perform individual upgrades. If I remember correctly, you need to be at least level 3 to make items "Self Cleaning". Most of the other ones can be found there:
    carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/handiness/

In the case of the UFO, I *think* the required skill level is 7 for each of the three upgrades (Again, if I remember correctly, "Laser Guns" to gain the ability to attack a lot and create massive hysteria, "Improved Space Engine" to gain the ability to travel to space and perform a rabbithole adventure, and "Tractor Beam" to gain the ability to abduct a sim, and then release him/her with a "It was only a joke!"), and they takes like 10 hours for a sim with level 10, so that's why "Magically Upgrade" is preferable by far.

I know the handiness has to be high. I don't know how high - I think my sims was probably at level 10.

I tried one of my other witches and she couldn't do it due to lack of sufficiently high handiness skill.

All I was trying to say is you don't HAVE to use a witch. Meaning it is still possible to do the badge if you don't have a witch with sufficiently high handiness skill in your game.

I didn't try to do it any way other than by a magical upgrade so I don't know how long it would take to do it with a hammer.

And after getting the badge - my Sim took autonomous control of the ship and caused mayhem with her laser cannons. She had little sims down on the ground running for cover. I don't think anyone got hurt though.
  • Options
    I tried one of my other witches and she couldn't do it due to lack of sufficiently high handiness skill.

What was the "Magic" hidden skill level of your witch? Was she able to perform magical upgrades?
    All I was trying to say is you don't HAVE to use a witch. Meaning it is still possible to do the badge if you don't have a witch with sufficiently high handiness skill in your game.

I was suggesting witches because you have 3 majors upgrades to perform taking 10 hours each. "Witches" are not mandatory for this.
    And after getting the badge - my Sim took autonomous control of the ship and caused mayhem with her laser cannons. She had little sims down on the ground running for cover. I don't think anyone got hurt though.

>:) Good! Gooooood! (Maniacal laughter) >:)

lol ;)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    In addition to earning the badge, the unexpected events like this are added fun from going for the achievements.

• Options

What was the "Magic" hidden skill level of your witch? Was she able to perform magical upgrades?

I was suggesting witches because you have 3 majors upgrades to perform taking 10 hours each. "Witches" are not mandatory for this.

>:) Good! Gooooood! (Maniacal laughter) >:)

lol ;)

My witch had maximised her spell casting skill. I have 3 witches who have all got to the top of spell casting. But not all of them have maximised handiness. I think they can all do some magical upgrades.
  • Options
    Level 7 handiness is required for the UFO upgrades. Papa managed to come to his daughter's birthday party, so I got him to move in. Turns out he's a Cowardly Loner who happens to be a Great Kisser as well. So I sent him to one of the islands with a one-room house and a parking space for his UFO he arrived with level 7 handiness and could perform either upgrade (abduction didn't require one). He also has the Illustrious Author lifetime wish, so I'll keep him around to help write books (and I got him the part-time bookstore job). Earned the two karaoke badges today, and the Poetry novel, as well as Alien Tech.
  • Options
    I just got my game loaded and I was looking at my witch who upgraded that ufo. I noticed her handiness skill is currently high 5. I don't know what is was when she upgraded the space ship.
  • Options
    Just got the Moonlight Novelist badge with Arkvoodle (aka papa). Apparently you can either have your Book Club Moderator write a novel, or have your novelist get promoted to BCM. It clicked as soon as he got the promotion. Earlier he was the unlucky one who broke the Gyrosphere and got singed - I've never before seen a Want pop up to get rid of something before! I granted his wish and sold it. :D
  • Options
    Earlier he was the unlucky one who broke the Gyrosphere and got singed - I've never before seen a Want pop up to get rid of something before! I granted his wish and sold it. :D

You mean the "Shocking Dismount" achievement? If so, I left the PPGC on a dorm lot while attending "SimUniversity", and, at one point, I got the notification that I had just gotten the badge for completing the achievement. I zommed to the lot, and saw a singed visiting NPC walking away from it! When my sims finished their term, I left the forsaken machine where it was!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    My sims occasionally want to get rid of an object. I tend to ignore them.

EDIT: I'm currently working towards Amazing Alchamaic Achievement. Get your Sim to make 300 elixirs. She's up to 267 at the moment. She's got a few other alchemy related achievements along the way. It gets easier when they can made 3 elixirs each time. So she needs to make an elixir 11 more times now to get the extra 33 she needs for this achievement.

EDIT Again: She's achieved her LTW of Alchemy Artisan.

AND she's now got the opportunity to be Master of Inventing.

She got Master of Alchemy opportunity a while ago (that gave her the Philosopher's Stone reward).

She gets to make a SimBot with the Master of Handiness reward.

I don't think I'll worry about the SimBot she makes vanishing from the game so I won't split up the household again.

She has the metal to deliver to the science facility but I want this 300 elixirs achievement first.

EDIT Again Again: Well she made over 300 elixirs but no badge. So I sent her off to deliver her metal to the science facility. It is possible the badge needs to be achieved in a single game. I put the sims in this household in my library to move them from Alpine County when it kept giving me Error 12. They are in Riverview now. She didn't make many elixirs in Alpine County but I don't know how many and I don't want to keep her standing there making elixirs just in case as that may be another one of the achievements that don't work.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options

EDIT: I'm currently working towards Amazing Alchamaic Achievement. Get your Sim to make 300 elixirs. She's up to 267 at the moment. She's got a few other alchemy related achievements along the way. It gets easier when they can made 3 elixirs each time. So she needs to make an elixir 11 more times now to get the extra 33 she needs for this achievement.

AND she's now got the opportunity to be Master of Handiness.

She got Master of Alchemy opportunity a while ago (that gave her the Philosopher's Stone reward).

I thought that opportunity was for topmost level of Inventing...
    I don't think I'll worry about the SimBot she makes vanishing from the game so I won't split up the household again.

She has the metal to deliver to the science facility but I want this 300 elixirs achievement first.

EDIT Again Again: Well she made over 300 elixirs but no badge. So I sent her off to deliver her metal to the science facility. It is possible the badge needs to be achieved in a single game. I put the sims in this household in my library to move them from Alpine County when it kept giving me Error 12. They are in Riverview now. She didn't make many elixirs in Alpine County but I don't know how many and I don't want to keep her standing there making elixirs just in case as that may be another one of the achievements that don't work.

Well, my guess is that if she would have moved using the ingame "Move to a new neighborhood", it would have continued, as the game records that it's the same household. However, via the library, it records it's another household using a sim that is very similar to the other one.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options

AND she's now got the opportunity to be Master of Handiness.

I thought that opportunity was for topmost level of Inventing...

Well, my guess is that if she would have moved using the ingame "Move to a new neighborhood", it would have continued, as the game records that it's the same household. However, via the library, it records it's another household using a sim that is very similar to the other one.

Yes. It is for inventing. She's at the top of a few skills now.

I'll see if she eventually gets that badge for making Elixirs. I've turned my computer off for now.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I've turned my computer off for now.

About to do the same here...

ZZZzzz...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top