Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »
    I've turned my computer off for now.

About to do the same here...

ZZZzzz...

It's only 4pm here. Time to take dogs to the park. And I'm over computers for today.

Good night.
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I've turned my computer off for now.

About to do the same here...

ZZZzzz...

It's only 4pm here. Time to take dogs to the park. And I'm over computers for today.

Good night.

Well... It's now 3:37 am here... I stayed a little longer because my game keeps crashing, always at the very same time, when I send a specific sim (let's call her the Vampire) inside some rooms in the "Celtic Burial Ground" in France, if I then select another sim, next time I select the first sim, game crashes. I tried various combination, and it keeps crashing like this. Other sims are all right... Nest time, I think I'll try resetting her or something like this...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    My game used to crash a lot in France. I started saving every sim say and that seems to have fixed it. I think it's a memory thing I also have NRAAS Traveler mod. But it still crashes with the mod.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I got the fifth island last night, at nearly bedtime, by running into a mermaid on a dive lot who I'd met in the library on Day 1. Been friends for ages, but never saw him underwater before. He took Lucy to the island, I did a quick camera scan, and the Sims all froze. Water laps, spring gushes into pond, but no Sims move. Usually this happens 5-10 seconds at a time but this time it lasted 10 minutes before I had Windows force it shut. Of course, I have no idea when was the last time I saved, so I don't know how much I lost. At least I get to keep the badges . . .
  • Options
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I got the fifth island last night, at nearly bedtime, by running into a mermaid on a dive lot who I'd met in the library on Day 1. Been friends for ages, but never saw him underwater before. He took Lucy to the island, I did a quick camera scan, and the Sims all froze. Water laps, spring gushes into pond, but no Sims move. Usually this happens 5-10 seconds at a time but this time it lasted 10 minutes before I had Windows force it shut. Of course, I have no idea when was the last time I saved, so I don't know how much I lost. At least I get to keep the badges . . .

You get to keep the screen shots too if you remembered to grab any.

I had a Sims has stopped working this morning. But fortunately I was saving often and had been playing for hours. I turned off the computer and did something else for a while.

Now its midnight and I'm turning it off again.

Have fun.
  • Options

I had a Sims has stopped working this morning. But fortunately I was saving often and had been playing for hours. I turned off the computer and did something else for a while.

Have fun.

Just being curious, but since we are apparently one completely opposite timezones, are you in Australia, New Zealand, or such?
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options

Have fun.

Just being curious, but since we are apparently one completely opposite timezones, are you in Australia, New Zealand, or such?

Australia.
  • Options
    Turns out I lost 4 Sim days. The bit that bugs me the most is that I now am not sure which book titles got erased so I need to rewrite them. But I did sell the gyrosphere without re-toasting poor Arkvoodle

Oh, I got the Juice Cruise badge with a house party, b-day party, feast party, costume party and gift party, all on the middle-sized houseboat from the Residential Lot category. I think you can do anything except a pool party on a houseboat (unless you can fit a pool on the biggest houseboat!).
  • Options
    Oh, I got the Juice Cruise badge with a house party, b-day party, feast party, costume party and gift party, all on the middle-sized houseboat from the Residential Lot category. I think you can do anything except a pool party on a houseboat (unless you can fit a pool on the biggest houseboat!).

I guess you're lucky... Every single time I tried hosting any kind of special party, I got a message like "You can't host [this party]. Hopefully, your guest will be please with a houseparty, because that's all you're gonna get.". At one point, I even had bottom level of the houseboat completely empty, but the gift giving spawner never showed up.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    That's odd. All I had to do was move the couch back to make room for the gifts. This game can vary so much.

Screenshot-2.jpg
    Post edited by Thrippa on
  • Options
    That's odd. All I had to do was move the couch back to make room for the gifts. This game can vary so much.

Screenshot-2.jpg

I just noticed you mentioned
    all on the middle-sized houseboat

Mine was the smallest one, but had one basement and four floors above ground. (I christened it the "Towering Inferno"...) *Maybe* a small houseboat is prohibited from hosting said parties, while others are not limited? Would make sense, as many workers from the service category, most of the time, just teleported themselves in when needed...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    I've just checked again my "My Badges" section on thesims3.com. The only badges left that I do not own are "Featured Member", "Moderator", "Nice Arm!", "Who Keep Sending These?", "1000 Recommendations" and "Recommendation Master". Since the first four are now unattainable, ("Featured Member" being the only one to possibly be debugged eventually), I'm working on the last two. 346 recommendations so far, out of 1000 and 1500.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck with the last ones!

I used one of the hidden islands I still have (have not, of course, found an underwater mermaid since the game crashed) to plant a pool and hold a pool party and nab the gift/feast/pool etc party badge. I still find it strange that I cannot hold a pool party on a pool community lot. I have a photo booth on the premises for those two badges and need a couple more stays at a resort. Then I can decide if I want to try to run one in this game to finish off (except Who Keeps Sending) the IP badges. And summer's rolling in so I can try again to get someone sunburned - my sims only seem to get tan.
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck with the last ones!

I used one of the hidden islands I still have (have not, of course, found an underwater mermaid since the game crashed) to plant a pool and hold a pool party and nab the gift/feast/pool etc party badge. I still find it strange that I cannot hold a pool party on a pool community lot. I have a photo booth on the premises for those two badges and need a couple more stays at a resort. Then I can decide if I want to try to run one in this game to finish off (except Who Keeps Sending) the IP badges. And summer's rolling in so I can try again to get someone sunburned - my sims only seem to get tan.

To sunburn, just do like people do in real life, on a bright sunny day (check weather to make sure, the higher the temperature, the better), get in bathing suit early in the morning, nap on an outside patio chair all day, and then have your sim wonder how he/she got that sunburn! ;) If, at one point, the sim get a negative moodlet called "Sweating Compulsively", get inside or he/she might spontaneously be caught on fire.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    I got it yesterday, finally, after having my Sim switch between two beach chairs for about six naps. Previously my Sims got overridden by hunger or bathroom or else got rained on.

I also picked up Plenty of fish in the Sea, although the baby doesn't yet show any signs of mermaid-hood. (Of course, who knows what is under that pink swaddle!) Arkvoodle may be a bit puzzled as to where the scales came from. . . perhaps the merfolk have 'Spawn Techs'! ;) Also got the woohoo in photo booth badge, but not the photos together one, even though I always did first photos, then woohoo.
  • Options
    I got woohoo in photo booth badge a few months ago. Last week I tried for the photos together badge and took more than the required photos but didn't get the badge.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I got it yesterday, finally, after having my Sim switch between two beach chairs for about six naps. Previously my Sims got overridden by hunger or bathroom or else got rained on.

I also picked up Plenty of fish in the Sea, although the baby doesn't yet show any signs of mermaid-hood. (Of course, who knows what is under that pink swaddle!) Arkvoodle may be a bit puzzled as to where the scales came from. . . perhaps the merfolk have 'Spawn Techs'! ;)

That's why checking for the weather is useful for this specific achievement. IMHO, "Sunburning" should take much less time...

This said, "Mermaid" offspring are bugged as (name it). They have two "no aging bugs", plus the "Generations" ones. First will be when the toddler is to grow up to become a child, and then when the child grows up to become a teen.
    Also got the woohoo in photo booth badge, but not the photos together one, even though I always did first photos, then woohoo.
    I got woohoo in photo booth badge a few months ago. Last week I tried for the photos together badge and took more than the required photos but didn't get the badge.

Well, there are two other achievements, but three types of pictures that can be taken with a photo booths. "Silly Shots" needs "Crazy Photos", while "Romantic Photos" requires "Romantic Photos". "Normal Photos" does not count for either.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Romantic Photos isn't the photo booth, it's the 'Take a Romantic photo' under the Romantic options. I just got that one at a frat party. Also, the badge shows two people holding the cellphone at arm's length. I did get the photo booth one; I think I was counting some photos that got lost when my game crashed, since when I counted the inventory I only had 8 sets. Two more triggered the badge.
  • Options
    Just got the Profitable Botany badge, after 60,210 Simoleans (last sale was $89). I was beginning to wonder if that one was going to drop. I'd done about 56,000 with a previous Sim and it never clicked, although that may have been because of moneybag confusion. This Sim has never planted a money tree, and the 'largest bag picked' is 0 Simoleans, so I know that's not an issue here. I thought I should have gotten the Perfect meal series, but either I miscounted one set or they need to go in order, so I'm running through them again in sequence. At least they should all count for the 200 Perfect served.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    @Thrippa - I posted earlier in this thread that my sim prepared 336 meals before the Profoundly Perfect Dishes badge finally was triggered . I am pretty sure about 286 of those were perfect.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Just got the Profitable Botany badge, after 60,210 Simoleans (last sale was $89). I was beginning to wonder if that one was going to drop. I'd done about 56,000 with a previous Sim and it never clicked, although that may have been because of moneybag confusion. This Sim has never planted a money tree, and the 'largest bag picked' is 0 Simoleans, so I know that's not an issue here.

The most accurate way to keep track of this achievement is with the "Consignment" "Skill" journal (if, like me, you sell harvestables through consignment stores). In my case, my sim got it as expected, but I've read about people having it later, like you said. I do not know what causes the delay... Have you moved your sim to a new game?
    I thought I should have gotten the Perfect meal series, but either I miscounted one set or they need to go in order, so I'm running through them again in sequence. At least they should all count for the 200 Perfect served.
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @Thrippa - I posted earlier in this thread that my sim prepared 336 meals before the Profoundly Perfect Dishes badge finally was triggered . I am pretty sure about 286 of those were perfect.

Well, looks like the "skill journal" counts all meal cooked, both single and group servings. However, only group servings count for the 200 perfect dishes. That could explain the apparent extra meals cooked, or there could be another issue...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Nah, I apparently miscounted. I served up one more grilled cheese and there went the badge. As for the botany, this is a family created at start of this save, never moved even to a new lot, and not even a vacation trip, since I'd seen suggestions that that messed up some of the badges. The previous contender definitely moved around, though.

Appreciate the advice, though. These games often seem to do different things for different people, so any additional thoughts are welcome.
  • Options
    I made myself a social butterfly because I noticed a badge where they had to get the It's all about me moodlet every day for a week. I noticed him with the moodlet occasionally but didn't manage to keep track of it or encourage him to get it. After the first week in the game the badge was achieved. So that was an easy one. I just had to remember to log in while playing.
  • Options
    I made myself a social butterfly because I noticed a badge where they had to get the It's all about me moodlet every day for a week. I noticed him with the moodlet occasionally but didn't manage to keep track of it or encourage him to get it. After the first week in the game the badge was achieved. So that was an easy one. I just had to remember to log in while playing.

Lucky you! I had to try a couple time to get it, before realizing that it didn't have to be on 24/7, but rather at least once a day for 7 consecutive days.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    It appears that Simbots don't trigger the 6 university degrees achievement. Marcie earned the Perfect Student and all six individual degree badges, but not the Professional Student one. I'm up to 163 badges, so otherwise coming along nicely.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top