Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your gaming routine?

Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
edited June 2016 in Off Topic Chat
I only play at night, after I put my daughter to bed. I maybe watch an episode of a show with my husband before-hand, to spend some quality time with him. Grab a snack, a drink, my blanket, (Even in the summer, have to have a blanket on my lap...) turn on my PC, cruise this forum, and MTS. Download a little CC.. Usually end up reading some Sims blog for way too long, and before I know it, Its 10:30 PM and I haven't even started playing yet haha. I'll typically then load up TS2 or TS3 (usually 2), play one or two families for an hour, then head to bed.
What is your routine?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm 8 months pregnant, so I also spend half of my gaming time running to the bathroom lol.

Comments

• Options
    rh2006fanrh2006fan Posts: 49 Member
    When I get the urge to and it varies between being at night and during the day. On some days it can go both afternoon and evening.

Then I barely play for months on end LOL.
  • Options
    @rh2006fan Lol totally!! I'm the same way!! I'll play for a few weeks straight, then not touch it for awhile. I try to get inspired, but sometimes its hard haha.
  • Options
    Brambleclaw22Brambleclaw22 Posts: 50 Member
    I play whenever I feel the urge. I have no real routine.

I have the weirdest sleep schedule because of it.
    XLuyfJr.png
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    My gaming routine is usually to leave on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock matchmaking (barely anyone is online anymore, so it works to do that) and then do revision between games (woop woop GCSEs). I occasionally have "Simming Days" where I just binge play The Sims (usually TS3) all day; sometimes I just go on games at about 6pm to 9pm though (mum and dad kick me off the Xbox 360 to watch TV around 9pm, so I rarely play any later than that on the Xbox). However, I've played The Sims until 1am WAYY too many times! xD
  • Options
    JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    I have no routine. Just play when I feel like it.
  • Options
    HappyPandaHappyPanda Posts: 64 Member
    I'm the same as @Jimed , although I don't get a lot of time in between university and work! :) I just play when I have time and feel like it...
  • Options
    lamotriginelamotrigine Posts: 35 New Member
    completely and totally random
  • Options
    Tshine2614Tshine2614 Posts: 155 Member
    I usually only play with one Sim family per day, for about two-three hours, at most.
    "The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine! I want to prove that I exist!" --- (Grovyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Tshine2614
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I get up, turn on pc, get my coffee, and check the Daily Deals. Then I check the forums, facebook, and sometimes twitter (though I do ignore twitter more than check it)....

After that, I really have no routine, especially for getting to play.

Some days I'll jump right in and only get off the game long enough to do laundry or something like that, but will be playing the game for several hours.

Other days, I'll play the game in 1.5 to 2 hour sessions. I'll play for a couple hours, get off, check forums, facebook... about an hour later, I'll start my game again for another couple hours...
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I love to play at night. Like from 10 pm to say 1 or 2 am.
    Sometimes when I'm working outside during the day I dream of being in bed and playing sims on my laptop but when I actually have that chance I just browse the web
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I love to play at night. Like from 10 pm to say 1 or 2 am.
    Sometimes when I'm working outside during the day I dream of being in bed and playing sims on my laptop but when I actually have that chance I just browse the web

Haha me too!! Some days I plan in my head what I'm going to do in the game that night, get super pumped up, then end up barely playing lol.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I usually game at night because texas heat/night owl. I'll browse the forums and tumblr a bit before playing. The hard part is deciding on what game to play since Sims isn't the only game I play.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited June 2016
    I like to play in the afternoons, and I usually play only after I've finished my work (if I have work) and done my daily French practice on Duolingo. I always clear all my cache files before starting the game (I play Sims 3). This way I can enjoy gorgeous graphics with none of the lag :)

And when I'm done with Sims, if I don't go and do something else, I usually switch over to my iPhone for Alto's Adventure and Minecraft Pocket Edition...
  • Options
    DARTHAWESOMEEDARTHAWESOMEE Posts: 5 New Member
    I know this comment is SUPER late, but I don't exactly have a schedule. The only game I really play i The Sims 4, and I just play that whenever I get bored or get inspired to do something in my game. I mostly play in the mornings, as I am usually up before my parents and it gives me some me-time. :smiley:
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    On weekday nights, I lull myself to sleep watching a montage of old Sims screenshots. Then on weekends, I play for 12 minutes before getting interrupted and forget to save my game.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    My gaming routine is usually to leave on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock matchmaking (barely anyone is online anymore, so it works to do that) and then do revision between games (woop woop GCSEs). I occasionally have "Simming Days" where I just binge play The Sims (usually TS3) all day; sometimes I just go on games at about 6pm to 9pm though (mum and dad kick me off the Xbox 360 to watch TV around 9pm, so I rarely play any later than that on the Xbox). However, I've played The Sims until 1am WAYY too many times! xD

One year later, so here's an update on the last couple of weeks of gaming:
    -Wake up
    -Turn on Xbox 360
    -Play Skyrim
    -Go to Bed

Fun times! xD