Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Wore It Better? Male vs. Female Edition

With the new CAS we can now put our male and female Sims in all the clothes available (pretty much all of them). So I did a "Who wore it better?" between my main Sims, Adam and Stephanie.

tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo8_1280.jpg
tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg

Feel free to judge :tongue:

And if you've got pictures like this of your Sims, please share :)
Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr

Comments

• Options
    love32623love32623 Posts: 11 New Member
    They're all so beautiful
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    All these outfits work very well for both of them! :blush:
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    The top outfit looks too bulky on the female.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love this thread!!!
    For most of your pictures, the female wins in my opinion. I love the former male open flannel with the white top underneath on the female Sim.
    I'll try some tomorrow :)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I think they all look just stunning side by side. I can't tell. (Although I have a slight bias towards women's figures. ;) )
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    It all looks great on them both; I'm so happy with this update

The only thing I noticed is that looking from the side, you can kinda see that the originally male shirts on female sims make their chests look kind of low poly / pointy (idk if that's the case for all the shirts, but I saw it on a few I looked at earlier)
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The top outfit looks too bulky on the female.
    Lol, what varied people we are. I was just thinking how the top outfit looks the best on the female out of all of them!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I love all the female version best! But then I prefer dressing females which is why the lack of male clothing never bothered me. I'm just so happy females can now have more choices.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Mosly the female obviously cause who wants to see man in woman clothes. Probably also cause the male has too much shoulder which makes everything look bad.
  • Options
    kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    I think they both wear it great.

I was excited for this update but I'm a little disappointed in the quality on some of them. The male to female ones have funky meshing errors that are point in the tops and caved in on the pants. I was also sad that they didn't edit the shadows to take into account the more noticeable differences in the male and female body.
  • Options
    Just thought of something. Now you can dress male/female twins alike. My hubby has a twin sister and his mom used to try to dress them alike when they were little. Usually the same colors.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2016
    I think this just shows how much more versatile female fashion is in comparison to male fashion.. I think all of those outfits look completely normal, but if you dressed your male Sim in a dress and heels I know for a fact it would look 'odd' to most people (myself included, since it's a very uncommon sight lol).

Females definitely have an easier time when it comes to clothing IMO, always have more choice.
  • Options
    Mosly the female obviously cause who wants to see man in woman clothes. Probably also cause the male has too much shoulder which makes everything look bad.

Big Papa can pull anything off. B)
    06-02-16_12-33-05nbspPM_zpsiormpc6h.png

Where's the female version?
  • Options
    tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member

Big Papa can pull anything off. B)
    06-02-16_12-33-05nbspPM_zpsiormpc6h.png

---

In regards to the thread, I'd say both wore it better. o:)

I'M SCREAMING!! This is the best update ever!
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I deliberately picked fairly neutral outfits ;) I did notice that female to male shirt also don't really look great, mainly around the chest area. But we can't have everything.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Where's the female version?

Don't have one, but here is Sexy Linda. o:)
    06-02-16_12-43-17nbspPM_zpsfin1a7ad.png
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    So.... now my clubs CAN wear one standard uniform. Excellent.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I take it all back EA.. the fact that game generated townies will NOT be using the new CAS updates has made me fall in love with CAS all over again. This update to CAS completely rocks and I'm so excited to make characters that have lived in my head for years.

OP as far as I'm concerned both your sims are rocking it all :+1:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    edited June 2016
    These look awesome the first one female and the last one male are my favorites.
    Post edited by mskube on
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg

I respectfully disagree, I think he looks hot on this.

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I think the male outfits look great on the females, I just put Summer in a red checked shirt and a pair of the mens red jeans, she looks adorable, cant remember password for PB so I cant post pics until I get home and play her on my laptop.
    I was doubtful I would like this option, but I love it, But I wont be dressing in guys as girls. though I know some of the tops and jeans will look great on the men, that's ok. They just wont be wearing dresses or skirts.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I've just realized this patch finally means I can have (IMO) nice-looking jeans for my male sims. :):):)