Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What EP to Buy? -SOLVED-

-KendallKatz--KendallKatz- Posts: 244 Member
Hi Simmers! :D
Hi everyone! I just recently got some money from a family member (Yay, family! xD) And was wondering what to spend it on. Unfortunately I haven't got any EPs as of now, the base game itself was a dent in expenses. Now, I'm able to afford one expansion pack with money to spare, or all the stuff packs, OR an expansion pack and one stuff pack. Please help me! I am VERY indecisive and need help. Thanks in advance! :)
origin id: slayingsims
4677c7a6473e6a278b30e270c9b1e82a.gif
Post edited by -KendallKatz- on

Comments

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I love Get Together. But your best bet is to watch video reviews on youtube. They'll show you all the pack features.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Get Together. Clubs bring a whole new life to the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @imhappy Thanks for your input! I have watched LazyGameReviews, and still find it hard to choose. I will re-watch the GT one! Thanks again!

@Scobre I heard that was a cool feature, I don't exactly remember what it is. I'll look it up though, hopefully it influences my choice! Thank you very much, Scobre!
  • Options

@Scobre I heard that was a cool feature, I don't exactly remember what it is. I'll look it up though, hopefully it influences my choice! Thank you very much, Scobre!
    Here you go. I like them because they are more sandbox than active careers, so lots of replay value to them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhCzeZ_8sPg&ab_channel=SimsVIP

The build mode in Get Together is nice too. I like the pool additions.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre Thank you! This definitely is a cool feature and is making me like Get Together. Thank you for all of your help!
  • Options
    @Scobre Thank you! This definitely is a cool feature and is making me like Get Together. Thank you for all of your help!
    No problem.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    I suggest getting Get Together and Movie Time Stuff for my #1 pick (if you can get a good deal with origin sale, get patio stuff too)
    or Outdoor Retreat, Patio Stuff, and Movie Time stuff, and kitchen stuff for #2 pick (outdoor and patio are perfect combo for backyards)

I think GT brings more the table than Get to Work for overall gameplay value, and has the best community lots in my opinion
    Movie Time is a nice gameplay experience too with the movies you can watch, and all the new items have a fun story in buildmode in the description worth the read.
    Patio Stuff brings backyards to life, especially with Outdoor Retreat for that summer feel

Get To Work, Spa Day, and Cool Kitchen stuff are just nice additions, but not entirely needed.

in a nutshell:
    Get Together
    Movie Time
    Outdoor Retreat
    Patio Stuff

are my must-have's

Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2016
    Out of the GPs so far Get Together. Get To Work just adds four jobs.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    @Audio_5urf Thank you! To be honest, I found it difficult at first to choose between GT and GTW. I was actually thinking about GTW, and though it still seems great it may have to wait, I love what I've heard about GT!

I may get a Stuff Pack too, thank you for all the wonderful options. I like that OT summery feel since it indeed is the summer, but the patch that brought the movie posters have entertaining descriptions so I'm sure the pack itself is entertaining! Thank you for your feedback, it's helped me alt along with the others. ^-^ o:)
  • Options
    @Simpkin Thank you! 'Didn't realize the minimal additions, I may get dine-out later but Get Together is calling my name.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If I were you I would just buy all the GP's including the next one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 Hopefully I will be able to! In the future I hope to but now I don't have the funds. :( Thank you for your advice though, when the time comes I will try to get them all!

(P.S. Your signature is hilarious, I love it!)
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I think there's still a 30% discount on Origin games right now, you should buy Get Together and maybe try to get Dine Out when it comes out. Game packs are really good and this one seems like it's going to be so much fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @AlanSims Thank you! I think that seems like the best bet right now. I definitely want to buy Dine Out sometime in the near future, and as a response unfortunately I was too late and no, the code no longer works. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The digital version is on sale for $22.53 at this site right now. https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/976-buy-key-origin-the-sims-4-get-together/

Target it is a little cheaper too if you want the disk version $34.99. Get Together

One being sold here too. http://www.kinguin.net/category/22818/the-sims-4-get-together-origin-cd-key/?nosalesbooster=1&country_store=14&gclid=CMDzloOlhc0CFYpbfgodYn0PYg
    Basically feel free to compare prices for games. Origin doesn't always have the cheapest prices.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the effort you've put into helping me out by giving me advice and finding me a discounted price! I appreciate it, @Scobre .
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Depends what you are into really. Get to Work focus on 3 active jobs (doctor, scientist, and detective where you take your sims to work, tho can get repetitive) as well as retail lots (where you can make your own store, bakery etc)

Get Together focus on clubs (where you make your own club, decide their gathering time, place etc) and comes with a new world. Also lots of small features has been added :)
  • Options
    JuneDuneJuneDune Posts: 50 Member
    Between the two expansion packs I have, I really do like GT a lot more. Like @Scobre said, there is tons of replay value with clubs, and Windenburg is such a breath of fresh air. I was pretty much tired of playing in the America suburbia type worlds we are given in the base game. While GTW adds a small city version of Willow Creek (only 4 lots), GT adds a giant European-inspired world that is so gorgeous to look at. Don't get me wrong though; GTW has its moments (aliens and the scientist career are the best), but I still really enjoy GT's content and use clubs in nearly every save.

So in short, I'd highly recommend Get Together. I don't have any the stuff packs, so I can't help you out on that. :p Have fun with whatever you get! :)
  • Options
    @Zafireria So sorry for the late response, I just saw this! Thanks for the summary, based on my Sims' careers GT seems more like my cup of tea.
    @JuneDune Thank you for that very elaborate and informative recommendation! I never realized truly what Get Together had to offer. Thanks for all your help and I slowly but surely am leaning towards buying Get Together tonight. :)
  • Options
    @-KendallKatz- late? I posted that like 1 hour ago ish XD, so not late to me. Perhaps tells us a bit more what you are interested in? We are getting a new Game Pack "Dine Out" which focus on Restaurants, where you can own/host your own place or go eat with your family/lover/alone. If that is your cup of tea then I highly recommend the "Kitchen Stuff Pack" as it adds ice cream, popcorn etc that you will be able to use in the game pack, so you can actually make a restaurant that sells ice cream :)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited May 2016
    If your going to buy a expansion go with Get Together don't waste your money on Get To Work unless you enjoy basic/repetitive game play.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Sorry, I'm what you could call a urgent person xD.
    Thanks for the info on that Stuff Pack, I didn't realize it even existed. XD

As for my interests, I like things that are open for customization where I can make it my own. I also like things that are social and that add big features to the game that changes my whole experience. I like to create things to the more creativity, the better. Lastly, I like EPS that allow me to interact with other Sims.

Edit: Forgot to tag you, sorry @Zafireria
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Sorry, I'm what you could call a urgent person xD.
    Thanks for the info on that Stuff Pack, I didn't realize it even existed. XD

As for my interests, I like things that are open for customization where I can make it my own. I also like things that are social and that add big features to the game that changes my whole experience. I like to create things to the more creativity, the better. Lastly, I like EPS that allow me to interact with other Sims.

Edit: Forgot to tag you, sorry @Zafireria
    EP: Then Get Together is for you I would say. Does what you mentioned above.

Game Pack: Dine Out does also fill out some of your interest. You get to customize your own restaurant, own menu, own clothing, etc. Plus your simmer will be able to socialize at the restaurants.

Stuff Pack: Hmm Movie Stuff Pack will allow you to watch movies and you get bigger TVs, so if you have GT you could make a movie club, tho I would say Kitchen stuff and Movie Stuff Pack go hand in hand because Movie stuff brings popcorn your sims can eat while hanging out with her movie club ;)

@-KendallKatz- Forgot to tag too xD
  • Options
    Thanks so much! I appreciate you categorizing it, I think those 3 will be the best for me. @Zafireria
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    I would definitely recommend GTW over Get Together. Get Together has a lovely world and clothes, and some nice stuff like coffee shops and new dance moves, but it just feels like an unnecessary EP choice (especially at this early stage) and I haven't done much with it. GTW was packed with a lot of stuff which was mostly done very well although retail stores were slightly disappointing. Even so, I do enjoy building and running/visiting stores and I love each of the new jobs. It feels like a really full EP and integrates well into the base game. None of the SPs have really wowed me except Spooky Stuff and that's a bit of a niche theme. I'm not sure if you've considered GPs but I think they're awesome and really well done, and the new Dine Out one releasing next week looks to be continuing that streak. Good luck deciding! :smiley::kissing_heart: