Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited May 2021
    So, I picked my first 7 male sims that will be used to create new merfolk that may potentially be used in my main save. I'm terrible at creating a diverse group of sims, so in a way, this will work for creating new sims. Exciting.

Anyways, here are my 7 mermen for the first generation of 15. I chose some premades featured in posts shared in this thread for my first generation. 3 of the 7 are mermen I created. I did make minor changes to their appearance such as adjusting the slider for muscles and body fat, and like with all merfolk in my game, I pulled the waist in to the most narrow possible. Other than that, they retained the physical features they aged up with. A couple of them were to test out how my game would age up potential love interests for Ember. So far, I'm leaning toward Alexander as the most normal looking of the two. The last change I made was to make all of them blend in with Sulani.

Merman Alexander Goth

The Tail the Game Gave Him
    51198977838_2c33bffd0a_b.jpg

The Tail I Gave Him

51198768916_0374e40f8c_b.jpg

Merman Lucas Munch

51199829770_e087a114e9_b.jpg

The Tail I Gave Him

51198768856_87a9f53ab5_b.jpg

Merman Max Villareal

Before Slider Changes
    51199543894_a1337e12fe_b.jpg

After Slider Changes
    51198768936_ac4d07d90e_b.jpg

The Tail the Game gave Him
    51198056837_fbb384d0a3_b.jpg

The Tail I Gave Him

51199829760_27856bdde4_b.jpg

Merman Rohan Elderberry

I made almost no changes to him.

51199543834_6117c6104b_b.jpg

The last three were mermen to begin with and never human, so I won't add "merman" to their name.

Dylan Zalrian

51198977863_86a8908ea7_b.jpg

Zephyr Zalrian

51198977843_7551f69afc_b.jpg

Calden Azure

I'll probably make some edits to Calden when he ages up in my main save, but for now and for this challenge, I'll leave him with this appearance.

51198768846_eab240a91d_b.jpg
  • Options
    For this 100 Baby challenge, the mermen will be deleted after the child is conceived to avoid repeating a partner or unwanted jealousy. The save for this challenge comes from the main save but is a separate universe. I plan to pull seven premades from every world and turn them into mermen, move them into the same neighborhood, and then have my matriarch meet them. The matriarch won't be leaving the main lot. The 16 merfolk that turn out the best, 8 mermen and 8 mermaids, will be transferred to a lot in Sulani and added to the main save.
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited May 2021
    TS4-x64-2021-05-23-21-05-24.jpg
    Ezio is intimidating, even in his old age.
    And apparently we've already reached the stage where there are too many Eisensterns, we can't invite all of them to a social function at once without modding it. Lol But I have a save that has 54 Sims living in one household so I'm sure my rig could handle it if I did. (I have 32gb of RAM.)

Yeah, Gabriel and Cassandra got married.
    TS4-x64-2021-05-23-21-14-51.jpg
    Left to right, front to back, we've got:
    Cecily, Avery, Bryn, Alexander, Mortimer, Cynemaer, Ezio, Bella, Freya, Hilda, and Drake. Only one open seat, so that's rad. I was tempted to only invite Alex and not Bella and Mortimer, they've not spoken to Cassie since she moved in, but, you know.

TS4-x64-2021-05-23-21-20-43.jpg
    Morty didn't take it well.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Capp (Regan version): Since their house had some extra room, I decided that they should take a teen from my Adopt a Mystic program. So they took in Erina from the anime, Food Wars.

If you're curious, this is what Erina looks like, doing what she does best.
    05-23-21-5-33-00-PM.png

Kent met this golden gal during a jog after putting up with the stress of the stove catching on fire. It took some work, but they're now an item.
    05-23-21-5-54-10-PM.png

The fire really traumatized Kent and Cornwall. Kent had nightmares and Cornwall freaked out in front of Erina.
    05-23-21-6-08-58-PM.png

Erina has tried to capture some of the magic Regan has with Ernest (Dream Daddy) with no real luck.
    05-23-21-7-02-21-PM.png

I present to you Regan and Cornwall's son, Hamlet.
    05-23-21-10-26-08-PM.png
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    @Becka28 The unlikely couple in question consists of Verosika Mayday, a character from a certain animated property whose name will probably get censored if I try to type it out, and...Vladislaus Straud. She was originally supposed to break his heart, because I honestly don't like Vlad most of the time, but she started flirting with him, he started acting all awkwardly flirty, it got cute, and then...marriage, children, and a major Vlad makeover happened! I made him self-assured instead of evil, gave him several tattoos, and changed his wardrobe so that he's now somewhere between "Scooby Doo background character," "cute goth guy," and "David Bowie/Joan Jett hybrid." They're on the gallery under my ID, which is the same as my username here!

My fanfic basically tells an alternate, much darker story of how they met and fell in love, told thus far from Vlad's perspective. I created a whole backstory for him, fraught with all manner of angst and trauma.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2021
    When you're fan-freaking-tastically happy to be a mother.
    lpJIH5X.png
    That's Sylvia holding Joshua.
  • Options
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    So, I picked my first 7 male sims that will be used to create new merfolk that may potentially be used in my main save. I'm terrible at creating a diverse group of sims, so in a way, this will work for creating new sims. Exciting.

Anyways, here are my 7 mermen for the first generation of 15. I chose some premades featured in posts shared in this thread for my first generation. 3 of the 7 are mermen I created. I did make minor changes to their appearance such as adjusting the slider for muscles and body fat, and like with all merfolk in my game, I pulled the waist in to the most narrow possible. Other than that, they retained the physical features they aged up with. A couple of them were to test out how my game would age up potential love interests for Ember. So far, I'm leaning toward Alexander as the most normal looking of the two. The last change I made was to make all of them blend in with Sulani.

Merman Alexander Goth

51198977838_2c33bffd0a_b.jpg

The Tail I Gave Him

51198768916_0374e40f8c_b.jpg

Merman Lucas Munch

51199829770_e087a114e9_b.jpg

The Tail I Gave Him

51198768856_87a9f53ab5_b.jpg

Merman Max Villareal

Before Slider Changes
    51199543894_a1337e12fe_b.jpg

After Slider Changes
    51198768936_ac4d07d90e_b.jpg

The Tail the Game gave Him
    51198056837_fbb384d0a3_b.jpg

The Tail I Gave Him

51199829760_27856bdde4_b.jpg

Merman Rohan Elderberry

I made almost no changes to him.

51199543834_6117c6104b_b.jpg

The last three were mermen to begin with and never human, so I won't add "merman" to their name.

Dylan Zalrian

51198977863_86a8908ea7_b.jpg

Zephyr Zalrian

51198977843_7551f69afc_b.jpg

Calden Azure

I'll probably make some edits to Calden when he ages up in my main save, but for now and for this challenge, I'll leave him with this appearance.

51198768846_eab240a91d_b.jpg

Something I did want to add to this post was:

@AlwaysAsking There was an old save where Max Villareal aged up, and I made a comment about how he looked. Well, he kinda looked similar to how he aged up in my current save. He appeared underweight like he wasn't eating right, and he had this really rough look like he was a junky and poorly cared for. Adding weight and muscles made a night and day difference. So, I thought I'd tag you so you could see a little bit of what I was talking about.

----

Also, the premade children appear to have aged up with similar appearances to how they looked in other people's saves.

Like, are the Ears a normal feature on Alexander Goth?

Lucas Munch aged up into something a little different than I expected.

And Max, his adult appearance makes him look like he was neglected growing up.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice
    As far as I understand, yes, all premades generally age up the same way. Once a child becomes a toddler their appearance is 'locked' and they don't change unless the player changes them. So, yes, the ears are normal on Alexander (poor kid), Max generally looks like that in most people's saves, and your Lucas looks pretty much like any other Lucas I've ever seen. There *is* a little variance re: body type, since their body attributes are something able to be influenced through gameplay and everyone's game is broken runs... slightly differently, but that's it.

Man ya'll the forums and I are gonna fight today.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.

• Options
    Keidra wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice
    As far as I understand, yes, all premades generally age up the same way. Once a child becomes a toddler their appearance is 'locked' and they don't change unless the player changes them. So, yes, the ears are normal on Alexander (poor kid), Max generally looks like that in most people's saves, and your Lucas looks pretty much like any other Lucas I've ever seen. There *is* a little variance re: body type, since their body attributes are something able to be influenced through gameplay and everyone's game is broken runs... slightly differently, but that's it.

I'm sorry. I honestly didn't know that the genetics were that fixed.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    In preparation of the new game pack that's dropping soon, I decided to do some interior designing and worked on the gigantic 1010 Alto apartments today!

It took me two nights to furnish, but it is now completely done. :blush: 4 bedrooms (including one toddler and one that's more of a guest bedroom and includes a Murphy bed), 4 bathrooms, pretty much all the creative activities you could think of, workout equipment, and even a sauna!

(I placed some of the screenshots behind a spoiler tag.)

8CuB3b2.png
    iDXlSwY.png

The master bedroom (also includes two walk-in closets):
    ApvgWN6.png

The on-suite bathroom including toilet, bath, shower, sink and sauna (:scream:):
    UEU8pEK.png
    3qN2I7C.png

The teen bedroom (including walk-in closet, video station, guitar, and on-suite bathroom):
    dpo46zc.png

The guest bedroom (including also workout equipment and an easel):
    Nwo4yl8.png

Another big, big bathroom:
    1HqPAJZ.png

And the toddler's bedroom:
    WDBxikC.png

There's of course also a kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, fire alarm system, coffeemaker and ice cream maker, but I sort of forgot to take proper screenshots of it. :sweat_smile:

I am very ready for this new pack to drop!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Keidra wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice

I'm sorry. I honestly didn't know that the genetics were that fixed.

@Keidra I kinda feel like a noob now.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice
    Ah, nothing to feel bad about. The genetic system in TS4 is actually pretty weak on the grand scheme of things so it's kind of logical not to expect it to be like that, but they did at least get *that* right. But overall, TS4's genetics system isn't that great. I've played text-based games with more expansive genetic systems, tbh.
    If it's any consolation, I can't tell what a kid will look like until they're teen because I'm mostly face blind, so it's always a surprise to me. Lol
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Keidra and @Metior_Ice I don't think that's entirely true. Definitely there have been whole threads on the board comparing how some sims age up that indicate it isn't always the same, and these are my two Alexanders from two saves:

Wl3XjMU.png
    X87GzdC.png

I did no editing to either of them, and while some things stayed the same I would not say they look identical. I think the thing is they have certain facial presets due to genetics but some of the "make them look like a teen" and then "make them look more mature than a teen" changes that occur on age up are generated at the time and not pre-decided.

Lucas tends to have buggy eyes and an excessive resting smile most of the time but some people get lucky and it isn't so bad. Mine looks a lot like Metior_Ice's version. I had to edit him slightly to make him less creepy.
  • Options
    @Daephene @Metior_Ice
    -gestures wordlessly at the mess of bugs in this game...-
    Anyway, I heard it locks at toddler and up years ago, and I've had no reason to disbelieve it. All of my premade children have aged up pretty much the same in all of my saves, the only one that's different is the one the Bheedas are expecting at the start of the game, which checks out, so I dunno.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options
    Okay so now I've been staring at those two since I posted and what I see is that they have the exact same eye shape and color, but something about the eyes looks different. I don't know if the one on top's are slightly bigger or just set further forward or back, but the area around the eyes is more pronounced than the one below. Also they have different lips altogether. They seem to have the same nose but slightly smaller on the one below. But I am sorry to say yes the ears are a consistent thing.
  • Options
    @Keidra Well, now that I have studied them both a while they are more similar than different. I remember the first time I posted pictures of the one on the bottom I had comments from some, like @Becka28 , that they never had Alexander turn out that good. I remember I went into my other save and snapped that picture (and changed him to the same haircut to make them a bit more similar) for comparison at that time. So I have always believed the people who said it changes, lol. Now I am confused and want to know what's really what.
    Anyway, @Metior_Ice don't feel like a noob, you probably got the idea that they would be different each time from some of my earlier comments when you were choosing between Alex and Lucas. So if we're wrong, you have someone else you can blame it on.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Actually, now that I'm thinking of it, here's what I suspect based on what I know about the semantics of genetics and genetic variance, extrapolated from what I've seen in the game coupled with varying relevant settings in MCCC (as it occurs to me when I age Morgyn down and swap female, and then later age back up and swap back male, there is a slight margin of variance in Morgyn in these instances too): most likely rather than genetics being a set value, like 12, it's either more of a range, or there's an inherent small margin of variance. Most likely set up so that Sims don't become precise clones of their parents, or inherit features 100%. For instance, Cynemaer has Drake's nose, but its a little wider, so clearly there's some sort of RNG at play here. Theoretically the differences in the base mesh for different ages would also cause some slight variance, as obviously they're not going to match 100% because... well, they can't.

So, yeah, thus we get minor variance. And because I'm curious, here are the Alexander Goths in my current saves:
    alex1.jpg
    I suspect this one I fixed his ears.
    alex2.jpg
    This one has the bonus of having been aged back down to toddler.
    alex3.jpg
    alex4.jpg
    alex5.jpg
    This one I fiddled with.

(These are also aligned so you can take them into a graphics programme and look at them layered over one another to compare.)

Based on this particular set of observational data, I can conclude there's mild variance in the size, shape, and height of his nose, but it is minor and unlikely to be notable in most cases. Other features seem to remain fairly consistent between saves. There is also, to consider, the variance in how different Simmers set up their game, as it's relatively unlikely everyone uses just the vanilla game, no skin replacers or anything like, and I know many Simmers also use slider mods, I'm not 100% sure how those would affect anything.

So, for the most part, we can at least say your premade children will look mostly the same between saves and players, but you might find some minor differences here and there.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options
    The forums and I are still fighting. -_-

Anyway, I spent most of today with the game paused, tbh, watching Simstopia build and aimlessly clicking around the internet. Spent some time outside, because, yeah. Saw a little black kitty, kind of hope it comes by again. (I'm a sucker for black cats and I will give it a home if it needs one, like I have many, many black cats before it.) I should also be getting tomatoes on my plants here in a few weeks. (Did you know it's almost June??? Whaaaaaaaaaaa-)

Since generation 3 only rolled one kid, I had to figure out why they're restricted to one kid. Aside from the fact they actually don't in-game romp much, so I guess the Eisenstern legacy is getting a Little spicy. (Only a little, because, Effort.)

TS4-x64-2021-05-24-21-20-26.jpg
    Someone got a makeover. And a new friend! (Hopefully this one sticks. She didn't like the one before him.)

TS4-x64-2021-05-24-22-20-03.jpg
    Nooboo arrival!!! Not telling names or genders c; Read the thing. (Well, this is the I name. I had to get kind of creative for this one. The Norsemen did not like the letter I.)

TS4-x64-2021-05-24-23-05-41.jpg
    Freya and Hilda are right up there with my favourite in-game born Sims. Honestly. Like oml the genetics variance fairy sure treat ya'll right. LOL (She looks like she's in a rock band. Lead singer of Goth As Heck.) Also unbelievably the Eisenstern resting-mean-face is still pretty strong into generation 4.

(Read the rest in the Eisenstern legacy post, 3.4! Which, of course, is up! Cause yeah. You can get there from their forum thread.)
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but first a little introduction: Tiffany(the mother), Jacob and Felicia.

4Lwk5yl.png
    F8Aef0J.png
    ziUduxy.png
    bBVGlYp.png
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Keidra @Daephene and @Metior_Ice

I find some children age up the same all the time - Pierce Delgato, The Kim-Lewis girl, Orange Bailey- Lewis (who is a surprise the first time you see him!) and the poor girl from Strangerville who ages into a not very pleasant looking adult. I haven't owned Snowyescape long enough to judge the kids in there but Tane from Sulani also seems to be always the same.

Actually this is the awkward phase that is teen Nanami Ito in one of my saves - please tell me she ages differently in other saves LOL, I think she is one of the prettiest children in the game so this was a surprise:
    PGQ0pGL.png
    aIWlKxf.png
    And I seem to think that I have seen a different Taku Akiyama from what happened in one of my main saves... but not sure.
    1lqYTf6.png?1

But Lucas, Max, Elsa and especially Alexander all seem to come out differently at different times.

I don't have any Alexander pictures because I obviously don't bother to use him much. Mostly I get Alexander 4 from Keidra's post but sometimes number 3. The ears are almost always the same. Once I got a nicer looking one and I swear I have a screenshot but I can't remember which save. I think I posted it here and discussed with Daephene but it was probably 300 pages back and I am not looking for it.

90% of the time I get this Lucas: (which seems similar to Metior_Ice's one:
    M3Feo5U.png
    But if you are lucky you get a more handsome version (Quin was lucky but he lives a charmed life):
    TwHHOtt.png
    In my Not so Berry I got this Lucas - I only changed the hair - he had long puffy top with shaved sides hairdo when he aged.
    jb1PVXs.png
    And one save he looked like this (guy in white jacket) - he was flirting with Travis Scott's very good looking son. I lost this save :( or both of these boys would have gone straight to my gallery.
    OEmQu9W.png?1
    I didn't realise he was Lucas when he turned up in game!
    VAKWmrM.png

When Get Together was first released Max and Elsa would always age bald but that seems to have stopped now.
    Mostly my Elsa has these facial looks and hair but for some reason in this save she aged up with mega body and micro head which is NOT what normally happens.
    vS6oUCU.png
    Max always looks scrawny like this - here he is a young adult sitting next to a teen - he also looks the same as an adult.
    EJn2SZJ.png

I enjoyed this post - was basically an excuse to have a nostalgic rifle through my old save images. :)
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,973 Member
    From childhood friends...

LFnTmWj.jpg

... to teenage sweethearts...

Ml1Khwc.jpg

... to engagement!

RaMlOB0.jpg
  • Options
    alex3and4.jpg
    3 and 4 are actually exactly the same @Becka28 ^ this is the two overlayed. I'm willing to bet you if you took screencaps and actually compared different versions of your older kids in Photoshop, they're not as different as you think they are, and they just seem to be different because of differences in hair and eyebrows or something.

And yeah that's what Nanami and Taku look like for me. As Christie Sigworth taught us a long time ago, cute child =/= cute adult. LOL
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,101 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Two months now and I am returning it to the retailer now. What should have been a simple LCD replacement for dead pixels turned in to having the entire motherboard being replaced. How they came to that conclusion I don’t know. What I bought as a brand new device has now turned in to a completely refurbished one.

I last left my eldest sim daughter under a wedding arch about to wed her childhood sweetheart Dan Bheeda, the child of Arun and Jazminder Bheeda.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top