Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is why TS3 makes me HAPPY

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I honestly could have watched a whole version of this done using only Cara and Edward Dregg,they broke it down.Best dancers in the video.

1:36-1:40 3:27-3:31 They are the ghost couple <3<3 Big Cara fan anyway she is a cute premade sim after ambrosia.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    R3B3CKVH wrote: »
    OMG!!! That's better that the original video...

But.. How do you make your sim dance in the elevator? The sim I play right now is totally the type to dance in an elevator.
    I wish this game had flashmobs. :smiley:

I saw that elevator dancing and my first thought was "I hope they do Gangnam Style next!" :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    And this is why The Sims 4 makes me SAD :disappointed:
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Love the video and especially watching the Grim Reaper dance... :p This is why I love TS3 because of the creativity that people come up with... :)
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    So which EP has the option to juggle fire torches? Was that Showtime? I showed the video to my husband today, and he was like "I want it!"

@Stdlr9 How did you fix the lag in Isla Paradiso? Even on my new computer, it's the only aspect of Sims I still have issues with. I still run the pack because of all the cool stuff, but if I try to play in IP it has a bunch of mini freezes, it's hard to navigate the map, and I can't fast forward. Would love if this issue was fixed.... along with the disappearing houseboats, that line up off the edge of the map.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    @R3B3CKVH, several things to reduce lag. First, I used Nraas's Overwatch mod, which fixes stuck Sims, cleans up excess vehicles (sometimes hundreds per Sim day), and so forth. I also have the "no memories" option or mod, forget which, because memories (Yippee, I went to the park today!) really slow down the game and are IMO unnecessary. Finally, I go through all the houses and houseboats and delete ALL spiral staircases. In my game they are the worst for causing stuck Sims and lag. In houses I replace them with regular stairs and on houseboats I replace them with ladders.

Have fun!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    So which EP has the option to juggle fire torches? Was that Showtime? I showed the video to my husband today, and he was like "I want it!"

@Stdlr9 How did you fix the lag in Isla Paradiso? Even on my new computer, it's the only aspect of Sims I still have issues with. I still run the pack because of all the cool stuff, but if I try to play in IP it has a bunch of mini freezes, it's hard to navigate the map, and I can't fast forward. Would love if this issue was fixed.... along with the disappearing houseboats, that line up off the edge of the map.
    Juggling fire torches come with the acrobat career in Showtime.
    And as for IP, there are some things you can do before playing there, like moving all households living on a houseboat to another lot and delete all the houseboats. Apparently they cause a lot of freezing. And some other precautions, here's a list. Disabling wild horses appears to help as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @Stdlr9 Okay! Not sure I could live without my spiral staircases, but I could definitely give up memories. I don't seem to have cars piling up, so that hasn't been an issue. As for mods- I am mod illiterate, and don't see that changing any time soon, without one-on-one, step-by-step help.

@JoAnne65 Well, I know what EP my husband will want next-but I have been holding out for Seasons. I noticed these issues with IP before re-activating my Pets EP. But I can live without wild horses. Kind of a bummer to give up the houseboats, but better than not being able to play the world at all, I suppose. Thanks for the list!
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

And as for IP, there are some things you can do before playing there, like moving all households living on a houseboat to another lot and delete all the houseboats. Apparently they cause a lot of freezing. And some other precautions, here's a list. Disabling wild horses appears to help as well.

@JoAnne65 I tried to view the list, but it was a "Gallery of Fixed Lots"
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Options
    edited May 2016
    @Stdlr9 Okay! Not sure I could live without my spiral staircases, but I could definitely give up memories. I don't seem to have cars piling up, so that hasn't been an issue. As for mods- I am mod illiterate, and don't see that changing any time soon, without one-on-one, step-by-step help.

@JoAnne65 Well, I know what EP my husband will want next-but I have been holding out for Seasons. I noticed these issues with IP before re-activating my Pets EP. But I can live without wild horses. Kind of a bummer to give up the houseboats, but better than not being able to play the world at all, I suppose. Thanks for the list!
    I really liked the careers and the EP also holds my favourite life state, the genies. Seasons is a must have though, imho ;) As for IP, I think it's a combination of routing issues really. You'll have to tackle more than one to improve it. I haven't tried playing there will all those solutions myself yet, but I see many people declaring it really helps.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

@JoAnne65 I tried to view the list, but it was a "Gallery of Fixed Lots"
    Yes, but she lists all the fixes she did, so you can do that yourself I presume. That's what I'm planning anyway ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @Stdlr9 & @JoAnne65
    WOW!!!! I disabled memories, and now my Ultra Speed x5, which was running slower than fast sped x2, regardless of what world I play in, is flying! Not to mention, my other sim who was standing around like a plum, for 2 days, even though he had high free will, decided to start playing pool.
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Options
    @JoAnne65 Seasons, Show Time & Into the Future, are the only EPs we don't have. We want Seasons & Showtime, but as glitchy as I have heard ITF is, I don't even want to bother with it.
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Options
    @R3B3CKVH Wow, I didn't know disabling memories had so much effect! I disabled it a long time ago, just because it annoyed me (indeed, yippie I went to the park today for the first time, yippie I went to the park today the first time I went there for the second time etc). Disabling that is a blessing for more than one reason ;)

I like ITF but I did have some glitches. Traveling to Oasis Landing destroyed the family tree after a couple of times and my plumbots get stuck after a while. Resetting them via edit town helps, but they'll have lost all their trait chips after :disappointed: My order of preference would be: Seasons, Showtime, ITF. Others may disagree though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @R3B3CKVH Wow, I didn't know disabling memories had so much effect! I disabled it a long time ago, just because it annoyed me (indeed, yippie I went to the park today for the first time, yippie I went to the park today the first time I went there for the second time etc). Disabling that is a blessing for more than one reason ;)

I like ITF but I did have some glitches. Traveling to Oasis Landing destroyed the family tree after a couple of times and my plumbots get stuck after a while. Resetting them via edit town helps, but they'll have lost all their trait chips after :disappointed: My order of preference would be: Seasons, Showtime, ITF. Others may disagree though.

@JoAnne65 I had disabled the Notifs for Memories LONG AGO, but it makes sense, because any time I would start a new game the FF would work great, and progressively get slower. I have gotten notifs that sims have no room for new memories, (mostly the one I use who drank the age freeze potion). So yeah, makes total sense, if you think about it.

Why do you rank Seasons above Showtime?

Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    @R3B3CKVH, glad disabling memories helped so much! About Overwatch mod and the cars, you never actually see them "piling up" but they do. I've had Overwatch get rid of literally hundreds and hundreds of cars per Sim day. They don't exist in the Sim world, per se, but they are taking up memory. I don't understand it.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

@JoAnne65 I had disabled the Notifs for Memories LONG AGO, but it makes sense, because any time I would start a new game the FF would work great, and progressively get slower. I have gotten notifs that sims have no room for new memories, (mostly the one I use who drank the age freeze potion). So yeah, makes total sense, if you think about it.

Why do you rank Seasons above Showtime?
    I'm not very good at ranking because the minute you ask me that I'm doubting my own statement there :D Which is mainly caused by the genies, they have become an essential part of my family. But I think weather is a feature that is very important for the atmosphere in your game. The coming and going of the seasons and the changing weather. They did a great job with it too. The snow is amazingly beautiful, the rain is so realistic that I sometimes find myself - when I play a rainy sims day - being surprised when I look up and see the sun shining through my own window. And there are really nice season related things you can do (skating, snowboarding, splash in puddles, kicking leafs, making snow angels and snow men, the festival terrains are really nice). And I like the way they did the aliens. The Showtime careers are really great to do once, but Seasons provides you with eternal gameplay. But then again, the genies.... *sigh* You should just get both I think haha.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    @R3B3CKVH, glad disabling memories helped so much! About Overwatch mod and the cars, you never actually see them "piling up" but they do. I've had Overwatch get rid of literally hundreds and hundreds of cars per Sim day. They don't exist in the Sim world, per se, but they are taking up memory. I don't understand it.
    Yes, I always had trouble believing it, till Bridgeport became unplayable. I installed Overwatch and Errortrap and my problems were over, never to be seen again till this very day.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Ah! I remember this! I am in love with their videos. :heart:
  • Options
    marildmmarildm Posts: 49 Member
    I really liked this video, it's amazing :D
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    R3B3CKVH wrote:
    As for mods- I am mod illiterate, and don't see that changing any time soon, without one-on-one, step-by-step help.

/snipped the unrelated stuff

I used to be the same way about mods. I finally figured them out by watching youtube videos, believe it or not. There are actual "how to install mods in Sims 3" videos out there. I say give it a go! And you can always ask here or over at the Nraas site. Good luck! :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I miss the open world and color options so much!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    norhanenorhane Posts: 32 Member
    machinima are the best thing that ever happened to the sims :smiley: , thanks for sharing this amazing video