Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Winners Announced!* Perfect World Build Contest III: Rabbit Hole Edition

Comments

• Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I really should get started on this. I had an idea for a school, but at this moment I'm still in the medieval lot contest :) but I can't get started on this either!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2016
    I was thinking about film studios. What about a mansion that's been converted into a film set? It could be fun to arrange all the different cameras and shooting areas. And maybe some offices? Something like the setup at Heatherden Hall in Pinewood Studios.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    I really should get started on this. I had an idea for a school, but at this moment I'm still in the medieval lot contest :) but I can't get started on this either!

A school sounds great! :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    I have done a smaller film studios lately, but I used the rabbit hole in view, so I don't think that'll work ;) also it isn't on the rightlot as it's a small lot.

I'm looking forward to starting with the school :) I'm still doubting which world though.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Oh yeah I was just brainstorming out loud :)

Looking forward to seeing which world you choose!
  • Options
    I'm actually thinking about Aurora Skies, but that school is pretty small, so it might not fit :/ I'll see where the brainstorming will get me lol!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hey @GC! I think I'm going to bow out of your little contest. I know I know..... it would have been "fun" trying to come up with what I had planned. But, real life is going to be very busy in the coming weeks. Sorry hon. :(

(laughs) I'll be lucky if I can participate in @Tanu's next gift exchange.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    No problem @MsPrissy88 . The contest will still be here if your schedule unexpectedly clears up :)
    Post edited by GreenCats on
  • Options
    f29ce92e8295c56483e0f6d9311b6186.jpg

Lurkers, do feel free to contribute inspirational pictures! :)
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,374 Member
    I'm so annoyed. GC, I had a Sunday afternoon to play and was planning to download another one of your houses to explore. The exchange isn't working! Grrrrr. Have you uploaded your builds anywhere else?

And to keep this post on topic, here is an inspiration pic. :)

Entry-Garden-House_zps3wjz7fql.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Ooh, that's such such a pretty picture!

Yeah, the exchange is a real pain. I'm hoping it won't be down for too long, but I guess we will all have to start thinking about how to share our creations once it shuts down for good. Mine currently aren't anywhere else.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    O

M

G

I just created a huge shell for my building and I liked so much how it looked! Then as I hit save & close game. As it was still saving I got that worst nightmare:

YOUR GAME STOPPED WORKING!

So I have to go in game now and see if it managed to save before it crashed!

Have I been lucky! The building survived! So soon I should have time for interior of the school and the landscaping. Pfew, I'm so relieved and happy!
    Post edited by SjappielovePaul on
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    Eeeek! What a relief that it was all still there!

It can be so easy to forget to save when you're building. Do you know about Nraas Saver? If you're really opposed to mods, maybe set an alert on your phone or something to remind yourself to save every 15 minutes or so.

I back my WIP up to the library as well sometimes, because when I had vista the windows update would somehow always screw up my sims save files.
  • Options
    Yeah I've read about Nraas Saver before. I've thought about getting it, but now I really should! I would have been in a very bad mood if I had lost that building :#

I just figured as I'm not much in edit town anymore to build I could wait with the saver as I do save my game as much as possible when I'm just playing. Every major happening or every two simdays if nothing much happens. Also before and after going in CAS to change outfits and build/buy mode ;) (dang babay was right when she said this game makes you paranoid!) But after all you never realize you really need it untill something happens lol!

I did indeed go for Aurora Skies, I don't often build in a style that's so close to me. Usually I build old buildings or styles that aren't usual here in the Netherlands. It's fun doing something Scandinavian now! I never realized though how big the school lot was in AS, as I haven't had that much time to play in it, my Simmies there don't have kids yet!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Oh and every once in a while I put my save games on USB stick or SD card so I can always go back :)

Edit; alarms don't usually work for me, I'm a snoozer :')
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    GreenCats wrote: »
    Ooh, that's such such a pretty picture!

Yeah, the exchange is a real pain. I'm hoping it won't be down for too long, but I guess we will all have to start thinking about how to share our creations once it shuts down for good. Mine currently aren't anywhere else.

Thanks! Well exchange is still down and even though that's annoying, it's kind of good in a way because now I've stopped coveting your houses and started working on my bistro. :)

@SjappielovePaul So glad your build was there! I highly recommend NRaas saver too. I get to playing or building and hours go by before I remember to save.
  • Options

- WIP pictures, inspirational pictures, questions, encouragement, and general chit-chat are all very welcome!

WIP - while in progress?
  • Options
    @SjappielovePaul A USB backup is a great idea! It sounds like you're having fun with your build now you're past the crash scare :)
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    WIP - while in progress?

Work in progress or works in progress. While would make sense too though :)
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    WIP - while in progress?

Work in progress or works in progress. While would make sense too though :)

Oah I'll share one tomorrow! As I'm a tiny bit happy with how it looks ^^
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    That's great! So glad you're happy with what you have so far. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Just so you all know, I don't comment on the WIP (since I'll be the one of the people judging the final entries) but I do encourage you to share them if you want to and to offer one another encouragement. (I said encourage twice...I'm too sleepy to think of synonyms...). In the past I've found that seeing what people are up to makes contest threads more fun, creative, sociable places to spend time.
  • Options

Work in progress, that makes more sense! Here's what I'm up to. The dining area of my bistro. :)

Screenshot-60_zps6i4gzzmr.jpg
  • Options
    @mothersuperior2 Are you around? Thinking you would be really good at this.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Here's some progress pictures of my school in AS!

2v0zub5.jpg

2sanrwm.jpg

And for those interested pictures from the inside hidden down here:
    First floor:
    141tm5w.jpg
    Here's kindergarten and elemantery

Second floor:
    2cpb4mx.jpg
    Middle/high school

Basement:
    15ecr3n.jpg
    The actual rabbit hole
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    Since the bistro rabbithole is in the basement now, sims have to climb up to 'eat outside'. Madison is determined to not drop a crumb!

Screenshot-50_zpsw4egdbv1.jpg

@SjappielovePaul Love your school! That triggered a memory of my middle school for some reason