Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Autonomous love affairs boring

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PdrHnrqPlay1PdrHnrqPlay1 Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2016
    The only way to fix this is to add story progression to the game and some options to to turn this off from happening. A good story progression similar to the mod in TS3 would most likely stop this. In that mod you could prevent married sims from hooking up with others.

If do not fix this problem the only way is to go to the mods. But there is no mods for The Sims 4, is not it?
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited May 2016
    If do not fix this problem the only way is to go to the mods. But there is no mods for The Sims 4, is not it?

I posted a link to a mod in my first post in this thread, here it is again. If it is a .zip or .rar file (I don’t remember now) unpack it and put the .package file into Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods, it should work :)
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    kaputtinokaputtino Posts: 56 Member
    this is one of the things I dislike most about the game. whenever I come back to a household I haven't played in a while, I don't even like to check the relationships' tab :s what's even worst: all my sims are gay, regardless of gender, and the game always create straight lovebirds relationships :| why is the engine heteronormative? LOL I seriously hate this issue. how can they say it's supposed to be that way? :(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    kaputtino wrote: »
    this is one of the things I dislike most about the game. whenever I come back to a household I haven't played in a while, I don't even like to check the relationships' tab :s what's even worst: all my sims are gay, regardless of gender, and the game always create straight lovebirds relationships :| why is the engine heteronormative? LOL I seriously hate this issue. how can they say it's supposed to be that way? :(

You know that's why I loved TS2. Because the player triggered which gender they wanted their Sims to get involved with. And sometimes they developed crushes on others while you were playing a different Sim. But their relationship wasn't as such they would act upon it unless you made them. But the point was if they did, it was with the gender you made them prefer and a better setup than this one.

I still can't get past this game is culling my Sims relationships between my own households and I did all that work for nothing but 'adding' other relationships I didn't want. It gets on my nerves. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    Story progression has always been garbage. It was garbage in Sims 3 too until the hardcore modders came along and fixed it up. Sims 4 is even worse. The only purpose of 'Marriage' in the game seems to be to create a positive moodlet when you get married and a negative one when someone cheats/leaves. Other than that, it seems to have no effect on anything. In fact, that seems to be true of almost everything in the game.

I'm amazed people try to rotate through multiple houses; you could do that in Sims 3 (esp. with mods) but not in Sims 4. Any sim not in your current active household is, essentially, acting randomly. Even with the sims in my house it feels like I spend more time stopping my sims from doing nonsensical activities than I do guiding them along.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I hate that too.
    I played a young couple and the woman was pregnant, so I left them and played another family. When I came back, the man had 4 love affair and the woman 3, but they were soul mate! When does this stop? I could have understood if they had some "Don Juan" trait, but nothing --' (and "funny" thing, there is no jealousy when you ask a Sims, what do they think about another Sims *sorry, I can't remember the exact interaction* I tried with the wife, the man answer something like "I love her" about one of his love affairs. she didn't react...)
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Of all of TS4's little flaws, this is the one that gets under my skin the most. The game creates relationships for your sims behind your back irrespective of their traits or relationship status when you rotate to another household, and that's just plain annoying! If I have two sims in a romantic relationship with each other, I don't expect to leave them for a few sim days and find that they suddenly have a new side-dish or two. If I make a sim a loner who doesn't leave the house much, I don't expect to find that he has 10 new buddies when I get back to him.

When the game first came out, the randomly generated friendships were at least useful for job advancement. However, they simplified the job advancement requirements, completely eliminating friend requirements, so now the system literally has no logical gameplay purpose. It's just kind of...there. It might at least be more tolerable if the game only gave very mild relationships to your sims instead of "BOOM! She's married to Harry, but now she's messing around with Ike!" It's like a vestigial tail that does nothing but make sitting in chairs extremely awkward and uncomfortable--it needs to be amputated.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Spidergirl1979Spidergirl1979 Posts: 35 Member
    I LOVE Sims 4 but this really makes me angry. Personally I downloaded a mod called No autonomous flirting so hope that'll work.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    The only way to fix this is to add story progression to the game and some options to to turn this off from happening. A good story progression similar to the mod in TS3 would most likely stop this. In that mod you could prevent married sims from hooking up with others.

I never used story progression in TS3 (I did try it though). I did not want to risk any of my sims moving out of town, or sims getting divorced or hooking up with each other without my consent. But if we got SP + options (toggles) I would be happy with that, if it meant that my sims would stay faithful... and so on.
  • Options
    @Spidergirl1979
    For all I know that won’t stop romances that are randomly put into a sim’s relations panel, you need something more.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    kaputtino wrote: »
    this is one of the things I dislike most about the game. whenever I come back to a household I haven't played in a while, I don't even like to check the relationships' tab :s what's even worst: all my sims are gay, regardless of gender, and the game always create straight lovebirds relationships :|why is the engine heteronormative? LOL I seriously hate this issue. how can they say it's supposed to be that way? :(
    This is probably the biggest reason why this "story progression" should be fixed. EA may have a lot going against them, but one of their redeeming qualities is how LGBT-friendly they are, or so I read. Forcing Sims straight is a black mark on EA.
    I'm not sure but I believe in both Sims 2 and 3 they develop their orientation based on what the simmer decides? It would be sad, if that's true and therefore possible, they abandoned that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Yeah, it's really plum how if you have a same-sex couple they'll still autonomously flirt, roll whims to flirt with, and get the random lovebirds status with sims of the opposite gender. Gender preference doesn't seem to be a thing this time around (why we can't set one is beyond me)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65
    Yes. I have mods that let me see which gender my sims prefer – it’s number values, positive for the gender they prefer, and negative for the other (it’s possible to make a sim like both). Every born/created in CAS sim starts with 0 in both (pre-mades in TS2 have some values already set), and all depends on the player – if you make your sim have romantic interactions with the opposite gender, they’ll prefer that one, if they flirt with the same gender, they’ll prefer the same.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    Voeille wrote: »
    @JoAnne65
    Yes. I have mods that let me see which gender my sims prefer – it’s number values, positive for the gender they prefer, and negative for the other (it’s possible to make a sim like both). Every born/created in CAS sim starts with 0 in both (pre-mades in TS2 have some values already set), and all depends on the player – if you make your sim have romantic interactions with the opposite gender, they’ll prefer that one, if they flirt with the same gender, they’ll prefer the same.
    Really!? So it's not just a hunch I had then.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    If you want to decide about that before starting any romantic interactions, you can set gender preferences with mods, in TS2 I use InSIMenator, in TS3 – MasterController.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    It is true that the game will assign random straight lovebird relationships to sims that I've already established as gay in my gameplay. This has happened in my game, too.
  • Options
    Voeille wrote: »
    If you want to decide about that before starting any romantic interactions, you can set gender preferences with mods, in TS2 I use InSIMenator, in TS3 – MasterController.
    Mastercontroller base :o ?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Mastercontroller base :o ?
    Not sure, I have all the modules. It seems like a Cheats module thing though.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2016
    mmmyeah I created my grandparents and their house because I really miss them...now I want to kill them off every time I see them out flirting around town. Its not right. The engine doesnt seem to check the relationship status (even though it knows its there) or the traits of the sims when cranking up the flirt turbines - everyone just gets sucked in and spit out for me to go clean up with no simulation involved it seems, its either on or off, well I guess its just stuck on, but I have now modded it out, so its off.

I can go plop my grandparents in the game again all fresh and clean and no one will know them once more, but still - not cool man not cool. I used to get excited seeing them out in public together. I didnt play them as a household much, they were there for my other sims to befriend and visit and it gave me a lot of joy to get invited over to their house or to see them out and about and then, I noticed a sinister turn of events. My grandparents were no longer being seen together in places, no...they were showing up alone gallivanting around, sipping drinks and flirting with everything that moved. :scream: I checked in on them and sure enough, they both had "sweethearted" nearly every person of the opposite sex they had encountered. That is just too many names for me to go through and edit out the relationship. But I did it, I did it more than once before I realized it wasnt MY fault. :neutral:

I noticed cheating in general seems more smiled on this go around - normal nice sims cheating at games, cheating being encouraged at school etc. Was 2/3 this way too and I just always modded it out so I forgot?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    @Nectere
    TS3 has story progression, so it can happen (I’m talking about autonomous flirting) – not sure if it does if it isn’t modded. I use Twallan’s mod, but I actually never checked whether it allows sims to cheat by default, I play with a single household per save so it doesn’t matter, I let the rest of the town do whatever ;) I suppose there is an option in the mod settings to adjust it (I don’t remember it exactly, it’s been a quite a long time since I looked into those settings).
    In TS2 it didn’t normally happen, if you wanted autonomous flirting you’d have to get a mod. However, I did see it between sims that already had a romantic relation, and once (it was literally once over all the years) it did happen between sims that didn’t, but I’m not sure what caused it.
    But, older games didn’t generate random romantic relationships with no purpose. In TS3 when story progression made sims create a romantic relation, it usually ended up with them creating a family.

Also this mod is useful; I wanted to find one that stops all autonomous romantic interactions entirely, but I’m not sure whether it doesn’t exist or just Google doesn’t like me :p
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    @Voeille I picked up the other mod you laid down from Simsland - its only been in since then and I have been editing everyone once again back to proper stats. This mts mod looks promising I will have to check it out - perhaps that will finish the job and stop this madness - do you know off chance if there is a conflict? I havent dug into s4pe yet to take a peek at things. I can live with all the other weirdness but the way too many love affairs has got to go, one or two I could probably handle and maaaybe even chuckle a little while I try to avoid those one or two townies, but not every sim with the whole town. eeesh, its getting a bit weird up in here and getting more like T for Trauma!
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    @Nectere
    Any autonomous mod will conflict with a different mod modifying the same elements of one of the game’s packages, so as long as you don’t have another mod doing something with introductions it should be fine I think. Doing a backup of your saves before installing is never bad though.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    JuneDuneJuneDune Posts: 50 Member
    Yes, I agree with you so much. It's ridiculous when your Sim has a 100/100 relationship with one of your other Sims, and after a rotation, he/she has picked up a new love interest. Like, seriously, is there no value in having a 100/100 relationship with another Sim? I guess they're just in danger of picking up random love interests, too.

While I think autonomous flirting is okay to an extent, I feel like they have to make the possibility of being rejected much larger, especially if a Sim is married/in a relationship. When I play, I do have difficulty successfully flirting with some of the married premade Sims, but the ones with a boy/girlfriend act like they don't have one at all. Flirting is way too easy anyway. It's like my Sim instantly connects with anyone regardless of trait difference. If they could bring in traits in the probability of being rejected, that would be awesome.