Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No culling, no relationship culling, no random relationships, and reduced townie generation

VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
edited June 2016 in General Mods Discussion
I really want to keep this thread in general discussions – the more people see it, the better.
Lots of people, including me, are annoyed by any forms of culling, random relations (especially romantic) and insane townie generation. Those ‘features’ can be game-breaking for some, they ruin plans, stories, and ignore the essential part of The Sims gameplay, which is creating relations between sims. As I said in some other thread, The Sims isn’t about flirting with everything that moves and forgetting them the next day. Relationships should matter and sims shouldn’t be cheaters by default – that’s just sad and it’s not the direction a sims game should go in.
I know that some people don’t want to use mods, and I agree that mods shouldn’t be needed for as basic a thing as a faithful couple, but, until the issue is addressed by the devs (e.g. by adding toggles in game options), mods can be a temporary solution for those who don’t mind using them.
  • If you want to stop culling sims entirely, use this mod.
  • If you want to stop relationship culling entirely, use this mod.
  • If you want to stop randomly generated relations (friendships and romances) for sims that aren’t in your currently playing household, use this mod.
  • If you want to stop insanely generating townies (only necessary NPCs like a maid will be created), use this mod.
  • UPDATE: If you want to stop autonomous flirty introductions, use this mod.

Note: For all I know MC Command Center also addresses culling sims and relationship culling.

Hopefully that helps those who are annoyed by those design choices. For me personally the game is completely unplayable without those mods.
“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
Simblr (my TS2 CC)
MTS Profile
Post edited by Voeille on

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @SimGurNick asked for save on auto-romantic relationships in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/BY-DESIGN-Autonomous-Romance/m-p/5359169/highlight/true#M69823

The more people show what you are annoyed about, the better

This would be about random relationships :D
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    MC command center does much more then just those mention. Its highly recommended if you want have more control over what happens to your town, sims etc.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks. It looks like I am going to have to install this mod. I really like some of the characters I create. I just want the game to like my gameplay and stop hindering me.

I mean it's a big problem when you create Sims and think, O.K. I can call them later this evening and keep building that friendship (between your own Sims) to find out they no longer even know each other. And you just talked to them the day before.

This was great in TS2 because I knew a phone call would build relationships if I couldn't get away to visit them. But now it's just totally wiped out and I have to reintroduce them.. And more annoying is to see the game wiped out my two Sims' relationships but added four townies ones to them they never met. How could they meet when I was only gone five minutes or less over to another house on rotation.

You are right The Sims are about our stories, our choices and or gameplay. Not the developers idea that my Sim should know five townies and have a romance with three of them when I never made them meet them.

Also, one day I saw a librarian I wanted my female Sim to invite over, by that evening he was gone from the game. It waste my time to play the way the game is handling relationships and culling townies, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @crinrict
    I personally don’t have any save with them (thanks to mods), but thanks for the link, it surely will be useful for people who do have them in their game :)

@Zafireria
    I know that MC can do much more, but in this thread I wanted to focus on those four issues I posted.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    I get why they have culling (makes the game run faster on low-end computers), but it sucks for those of us who can handle it. I also would like a faithful trait as well. I don't know if I would go as far as to make faithfulness a default (I've seen enough things in my life to be a bit cynical of that), but it shouldn't be so easy for sims to have multiple partners without player intervention.

As far as culling, relationship culling, and townie generation, I use MC Command Center. I like that mod because it allows the game to be customized to such a large degree, even beyond some of the major issues you address.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Thank you for these mods! especially the last one. It's so annoying that the game keeps spawning ugly families into my game. They're like cockroaches. :s No matter how many I delete.. they just keep coming back.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Voeille wrote: »
    @crinrict
    I personally don’t have any save with them (thanks to mods), but thanks for the link, it surely will be useful for people who do have them in their game :)

@Zafireria
    I know that MC can do much more, but in this thread I wanted to focus on those four issues I posted.
    Yeah I know, which is why I recommend MC. It does all of the above issues you stated and more. All together in one.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sigh I wish we didn't need to use mods to actually "rule" over the Sims 4, but I'm glad those mods exist.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Just popping in to add my support and say I agree with the OP.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    I was afraid that it can be moved here, now fewer people will see it :( But anyway, thanks everyone for the contribution to the thread :) (And @Cinebar, I agree completely.)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I am really getting frustrated with committed sims having affairs, what is the point of putting them in a committed relationship? The game is ignoring their relationship status even though the engine knows its there (ask if single). The only thing I can think to do is just remove all venues so they dont have a place to meet and flirt autonomously. I mean I have married couples that were in love only to come back and find their relationship destroyed, in the red and they dont like each other...so not cool.

This feels like too big of a thing to leave to mods, this is breaking my game play its not just an annoyance. This is a very poorly written working as intended "feature".
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Thanks @Voeille I just needed the random romancing to stop so:

"thanks this is great!"
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    ZuckerschockZuckerschock Posts: 28 Member
    I am a long time rotational player with about 20 played families. And without being a micro manager I like to be in control about - this very basic - features.

Culling of sims or relationships on one side
    Generating lots of romantic relationships
    And
    Generating NPCs like crazy on the other side
    Does not make any sense for me.
    Please EA, tweak this mechanics, they seem to me quite contradicting and more than just annoying.

My biggest concern is the Non-Stop-Spawning of NPCs. I already have dedicated Spa-Staff, Barkeepers, Librarians, Gardeners.....and after just adding a little bit to their looks in CAS I take care to never play them so they will stay in their role.
    But WHY oh WHY is the game constantly generating new ones!? I really have more than enough for every role....please game...just pick them up!

With the Limitation of overall Sims in the game and my expectation that for "Dine Out" we will need a lot new slots for NPCs, this really bugs me.

• Options
    A little update – I added a mod disabling autonomous flirty introductions.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited June 2016
    Voeille wrote: »
    I really want to keep this thread in general discussions – the more people see it, the better.
    Lots of people, including me, are annoyed by any forms of culling, random relations (especially romantic) and insane townie generation. Those ‘features’ can be game-breaking for some, they ruin plans, stories, and ignore the essential part of The Sims gameplay, which is creating relations between sims. As I said in some other thread, The Sims isn’t about flirting with everything that moves and forgetting them the next day. Relationships should matter and sims shouldn’t be cheaters by default – that’s just sad and it’s not the direction a sims game should go in.
    I know that some people don’t want to use mods, and I agree that mods shouldn’t be needed for as basic a thing as a faithful couple, but, until the issue is addressed by the devs (e.g. by adding toggles in game options), mods can be a temporary solution for those who don’t mind using them.
    • If you want to stop culling sims entirely, use this mod.
    • If you want to stop relationship culling entirely, use this mod.
    • If you want to stop randomly generated relations (friendships and romances) for sims that aren’t in your currently playing household, use this mod.
    • If you want to stop insanely generating townies (only necessary NPCs like a maid will be created), use this mod.
    • UPDATE: If you want to stop autonomous flirty introductions, use this mod.

Note: For all I know MC Command Center also addresses culling sims and relationship culling.

Hopefully that helps those who are annoyed by those design choices. For me personally the game is completely unplayable without those mods.

The MCCC mod does FAR more than the two things you have mentioned. Yes it does in fact many of the things you have mentions but it works far better that the others you mentioned and still much more. Flag certain sims to cull and set them to never cull. You can disable certain bar night, or all of them, disable the clown. Set for a percentage of how often you want pregnancies to happen during risky woohoo. Townies can marry, have babies and prosper in life. You can even set the maximum amount of offspring a household can have at one time. Then there is just so much more after that.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    @GoddessSims I think its great that MC exists for those that want total control and I may end up there once again some day - but for now I am glad there is a couple of mods that only address the exact thing I want addressed and nothing more. :wink:
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    @GoddessSims I think its great that MC exists for those that want total control and I may end up there once again some day - but for now I am glad there is a couple of mods that only address the exact thing I want addressed and nothing more. :wink:

That is a very valid point.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Yes, I personally like MC, but in this thread I just wanted to focus on a few particular aspects of the game :)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    I really hate mods, but I guess I'm going to have to make an exception because the situation is just getting out of hand.

I don't understand why this feature was added. Like you said, it's game-breaking for some. I think it was in my 7th generation of Sims that my two main Sims were getting married and the groom was flirting with someone else, the bride saw what was going on and their relationship was so low that I was forced to break them up. Annoyingly, I had to start a completely new game from scratch -_- I am currently on my 5th generation. Ugh.

They really should do something about this; it's starting to really get on my nerves.
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1
  • Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    Here is another mod that could be of use. What it essentially does is when Sims you are currently not controlling interact with each other, there will be no progress in the relationship. :)
  • Options
    @gramatique
    I already posted a link to that mod, it’s the third one on the list :)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    oh derp, I wasn't paying attention haha. Nevermind me then :)