Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 and EP3 will NOT be present in the EA Play event

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2016
    I thought I would be exited for GP3 but there is 0 hype about it. we don't even have any info on it yet LOL what is even on it a side from "restaurant owning" which we still don't even know how it works!!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FluffyStrawberryFluffyStrawberry Posts: 113 Member
    Probs not even 2 ep this year?!?! Great. Love my life.
    As at huge sims fan this is a nightmare for me. the sims 4 has been a big disappointment. It´s have been 2 freaking years!!!??! Why are the sims 4 team so hopeless? We does not even have toddlers yet!?!??!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    There's also the fact that, despite what one would believe, a lot of those who criticize TS4 on the forums tend to purchase the game themselves.
    at half the price that is

& that means the production costs must be kept low too
    which explains a lot of what is going on

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Whelp, first amendment has been whipped out, that fills my bingo card.

To7m wrote: »
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Hopping in here because it seems like there is a lot of misleading information being presented that I want to squash:
    1. Please link to a source whenever you make any kind of statement. Do not simply state something as being factual without any information to back it up.
    2. The Sims 4 is doing just fine. As many of you have noted from our financial report that The Sims 4 player base grew by nearly two-thirds in the fiscal year <<this is fact, not opinion (and before it gets asked: no I will not be providing any additional information that was not shared in our financial reports.)
    Additionally: I am seeing this far too often here and I want to make it clear. Your personal opinions are not fact and should never be stated as such. Do not make statements about what you *think* is going on within studio and try to pass it off as being factual information. Do not make statements of what you *think* myself and the other SimGurus feel about the community or the game --you are not us. The SimGurus are people not a product and should be respected as individuals --this means that slamming the developers and making personal attacks towards them is not and will never be okay. The Sims 4 is a product and you are welcome to provide your opinions on said product whether it is negative or positive. The forums are a place for you to provide feedback / ideas, share your creations, and talk / debate with one another about The Sims 4 and the franchise as a whole --not a place for you to attack / slander / defame the people who work on it.

I'm happy to answer the questions that I can. I'm also changing the title of this thread as it is extremely misleading.

OK, here are some questions. Why are actual sales numbers shared for some EA games but not for TS4?

Is culling (Sims, relationships) going to be fixed?

It was confirmed recently that Pets are not being worked on at all yet. (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880239/pets-confirmed-as-a-not-right-now/p1) Considering how long expansion packs take to make, from the very start to release, is it doubtful that TS4 will ever have Pets?

Thank you.
    Why are actual sales numbers shared for some EA games but not for TS4?

I do not work in the finance department so I'm unable to answer this.

Though this is considered working as designed the team is always looking at your feedback to make improvements.
    It was confirmed recently that Pets are not being worked on at all yet. (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880239/pets-confirmed-as-a-not-right-now/p1) Considering how long expansion packs take to make, from the very start to release, is it doubtful that TS4 will ever have Pets?

This falls into future content territory which I can't comment on.

You know, nothing personal against you, I'm sure you're just lovely, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of you saying that you're happy to answer our questions and then just don't. What CAN you answer? You'd (general sense) have to be some new level of ignorant to not know what most of our questions are! At this point, I honestly don't care about culling. Toddlers!? Toddlers, toddlers, toddlers!? Where are they? And please, point me to somebody that CAN answer this question. "No comment" is getting old.

--T

ETA: Tidy up. Typos...

Yeah I mean it's not @SimguruDrake 's fault but really, what's the point of saying 'I'd be happy to answer questions' if you can't answer ANYTHING?

• Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Last year the sims was more of an afterthought at the games show and this year they aren't even going to be there. I'm typically a glass half full kind of guy, but this glass has a crack in it and is leaking big time. I don't think the sims series has ever been EA's golden child as some like to think, but it certainly isn't now.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

Hello everyone!

Hopping in here because it seems like there is a lot of misleading information being presented that I want to squash:
    1. Please link to a source whenever you make any kind of statement. Do not simply state something as being factual without any information to back it up.
    2. The Sims 4 is doing just fine. As many of you have noted from our financial report that The Sims 4 player base grew by nearly two-thirds in the fiscal year <<this is fact, not opinion (and before it gets asked: no I will not be providing any additional information that was not shared in our financial reports.)
    Additionally: I am seeing this far too often here and I want to make it clear. Your personal opinions are not fact and should never be stated as such. Do not make statements about what you *think* is going on within studio and try to pass it off as being factual information. Do not make statements of what you *think* myself and the other SimGurus feel about the community or the game --you are not us. The SimGurus are people not a product and should be respected as individuals --this means that slamming the developers and making personal attacks towards them is not and will never be okay. The Sims 4 is a product and you are welcome to provide your opinions on said product whether it is negative or positive. The forums are a place for you to provide feedback / ideas, share your creations, and talk / debate with one another about The Sims 4 and the franchise as a whole --not a place for you to attack / slander / defame the people who work on it.

I'm happy to answer the questions that I can. I'm also changing the title of this thread as it is extremely misleading.

OK, here are some questions. Why are actual sales numbers shared for some EA games but not for TS4?

Thank you.

Though this is considered working as designed the team is always looking at your feedback to make improvements.

You know, nothing personal against you, I'm sure you're just lovely, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of you saying that you're happy to answer our questions and then just don't. What CAN you answer? You'd (general sense) have to be some new level of ignorant to not know what most of our questions are! At this point, I honestly don't care about culling. Toddlers!? Toddlers, toddlers, toddlers!? Where are they? And please, point me to somebody that CAN answer this question. "No comment" is getting old.

--T

Yeah I mean it's not @SimguruDrake 's fault but really, what's the point of saying 'I'd be happy to answer questions' if you can't answer ANYTHING?

@SimGuruDrake cannot answer on the deep issues and there lies the problem. Many of their customers want more communication and transparency when it comes to issues around the base and why culling like @halimali1980 says has been known to be a huge negative for a lot of people and despite being told it's being looked into new forms of it are appearing. These are big issues that are often sidestepped any time they do talk.

I appreciate Drake and the situation she funds herself in is a tough one. She doesn't have the power to give some customers what they are really looking for-and despite knowing (I am sure she knows full well after being around the community for long enough now) what the issues are if she's not authorised to speak on those topics she can't. It's an impossible situation for those customers and her I'd imagine-I'm sure she would love to help if she could!

In my opinion it's not very fair that she's getting the rough end of the situation where some people are frustrated (I'm not talking about anyone in particular just generally!) and she sometimes gets terse replies but I am sure she does her best to relay the concerns she sees from customers-proved by the little bit of extra information she obtained from EA recently. It may not be a lot to some people but I'm sure she worked hard to get us there. Essentially she's just EA's messenger between them and the community. We all know that saying about what not to do to messengers relaying information!

The issue is EA obviously think they are transparent when translated at the customers end that hasn't been the experience for many of us. Whether you like the game or not this version has had very little information and marketing in comparison to what we are used to. It would be nice if EA would acknowledge the experience their customers have had and at least say they hope to do better if that's how we feel. It's not a lot to say but it would go a long way to assure their customers that they were being heard. I'm pretty sure *most* of the frustration lies in the lack of acknowledgement of the issues customers have found in this situation and by not commenting it gives an impression that they aren't taking in what's being said by their customers. They could be taking it all in-we don't know! But impressions mean something when there is no other communication there to turn to.

I believe they are doing their best on the team-I just wish that we had better communication in terms of acknowledgement of the biggest issues and an obvious attempt to address these or just to acknowledge and repair the feelings customers have experienced behind the issues. The erosion of trust many people have mentioned for example. Sims fans are very loyal. I would like to see an indication that it was appreciated even if those customers were disappointed in TS4 thus far.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

NDAs are NDAs and I'm assuming that's the reason there are often topics that just cannot be discussed here. If it's anything like the company I work for then there are some pretty serious penalties involved for anyone who breaks an NDA. Getting frustrated just isn't going to get around the fact that they're just not allowed to talk about it, no one is going to sacrifice their job and reputation in the industry to make a few people on an internet forum be happy / quiet for a few minutes.

It does seem a bit counterproductive to mention questions and then be unable to answer said questions; but in fairness it's kind of predictable at this point that people are going to ask about things we already know they can't reply to.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2016
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    Last year the sims was more of an afterthought at the games show and this year they aren't even going to be there. I'm typically a glass half full kind of guy, but this glass has a crack in it and is leaking big time. I don't think the sims series has ever been EA's golden child as some like to think, but it certainly isn't now.

But it didn't actually hurt the game last year, did it? TS4 had steady content releases in 2015 so the fact EA chose not to expend their resources on conventions really didn't mean anything for the game itself.

There is nothing to worry about. It's just a game convention. If EA had not produced anything for the game in a long time (like what happened with Sim City before they finally officially pulled the plug on it) then that'd be one thing, but we had steady releases in 2015 and we know of at least two content packs that are due to come out in the next few months. Why would EA continue to waste the time and money on a game that is failing? They wouldn't.

I honestly can't wrap my head around the reason why people are still getting worked up over this. We got an EP in December 2015 and another stuff pack in February 2016 - the game is clearly not on its last legs waiting to be put to sleep.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

NDAs are NDAs and I'm assuming that's the reason there are often topics that just cannot be discussed here. If it's anything like the company I work for then there are some pretty serious penalties involved for anyone who breaks an NDA. Getting frustrated just isn't going to get around the fact that they're just not allowed to talk about it, no one is going to sacrifice their job and reputation in the industry to make a few people on an internet forum be happy / quiet for a few minutes.

It does seem a bit counterproductive to mention questions and then be unable to answer said questions; but in fairness it's kind of predictable at this point that people are going to ask about things we already know they can't reply to.

I agree totally and that's if they even know @Darkslayer! They may not even know the information being asked of them even while they are under NDA's-sometimes employees are only clued in on the immediate tasks in front of them and not the bigger picture.

Whatever the case it's clear the only people who could make a change on policy in regards to communication would be senior management at EA.
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

I agree totally and that's if they even know @Darkslayer! They may not even know the information being asked of them even while they are under NDA's-sometimes employees are only clued in on the immediate tasks in front of them and not the bigger picture.

Whatever the case it's clear the only people who could make a change on policy in regards to communication would be senior management at EA.

Didn't one of the Gurus explain thoroughly in another thread why communication is so restricted? I'm not sure which thread it was but it certainly shined some light on the matter. I also got the impression that the changes are far more out of their control than it may seem at first hand, and that even senior management could not make any changes there even if they wanted to.
    It's not as black and white as it may seem, and a lot of times there is no simple solution for one thing that wont affect the next.
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member

But it didn't actually hurt the game last year, did it? TS4 had steady content releases in 2015 so the fact EA chose not to expend their resources on conventions really didn't mean anything for the game itself.

There is nothing to worry about. It's just a game convention. If EA had not produced anything for the game in a long time (like what happened with Sim City before they finally officially pulled the plug on it) then that'd be one thing, but we had steady releases in 2015 and we know of at least two content packs that are due to come out in the next few months. Why would EA continue to waste the time and money on a game that is failing? They wouldn't.

I honestly can't wrap my head around the reason why people are still getting worked up over this.

That has nothing to do with what releases there were or weren't. It has to do with the changes we have seen with Maxis over the past few years and how they are viewed by the public as well as EA in general. I have a relative who has worked in the gaming industry for 15+ yrs so I get some insight into the behind the scenes working in the industry. I can tell you that most major publishers will put their shining star out there for all to see and the ones that don't get much attention are the ones that have they have a lesser amount of faith in. That doesn't mean that they are a bad company or will be out the door tomorrow.

There is a trend here and it's not just with Maxis, but overall with most companies that fall under the EA umbrella and industry as a whole. EA is working on it's reputation, but to have a reputation, you had to have done something to earn it, be it good or bad. Don't expect much change in how things are going right now. EA beat their est profits according to reports and a large part of that was the initial monster success of Star Wars: Battlefront. The marketing team did a great job in hyping the game which released just prior to the Star Wars movie. What the report doesn't say is how 6 months later the servers are all but empty and all but a couple maps ever have any players on them. Out of the 14 mil copies of the game sold during the first day or two, the population is only enough to fill two 40 player maps at any one time.

For me, I don't care what happens with TS 4 as I was done with it long ago, but for others and the future, I do worry. I loved the franchise up to this version of it, but it doesn't mean I want to see it go down in flames.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

You're telling me this like I care when I really just don't. If she can't answer me, then as I asked, put me in touch with somebody who can. I want to know about a product that I potentially would I like to invest (more) in. If they're not even going to tell me if a CRUCIAL part of this product that is missing is a possibility or not then why should I give them my money? And quite frankly, until they address the issue, my interest in anything else they show me is at zero. But because they've said diddly-squat I don't even know if I might regret giving up on the game altogether or if it will be worth it in the long run. I honestly don't care about anything else at this point. Are they even going to ATTEMPT to add toddlers? That's all I want to know. No release dates. No promises. Just a yes or no. Then I can move on with my life (dramatic, I know, but this is what it does to me)

--T

ETA: forgot, like, a whole sentence. Lol coffee!
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

You're telling me this like I care when I really just don't. If she can't answer me, then as I asked, put me in touch with somebody who can. I want to know about a product that I potentially would I like to invest (more) in. If they're not even going to tell me if a CRUCIAL part of this product is missing, then why should I give them my money? But because they've said diddly-squat I don't even know if I might regret giving up on the game altogether or if it will be worth it in the long run. I honestly don't care about anything else at this point. Are they even going to ATTEMPT to add toddlers? That's all I want to know. No release dates. No promises. Just a yes or no. Then I can move on with my life (dramatic, I know, but this is what it does to me)

--T

Have you tried calling EA on the phone and ask for the supervisor or the man in charge? maybe then they will talk to ya, who knows.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

You're telling me this like I care when I really just don't. If she can't answer me, then as I asked, put me in touch with somebody who can. I want to know about a product that I potentially would I like to invest (more) in. If they're not even going to tell me if a CRUCIAL part of this product is missing, then why should I give them my money? But because they've said diddly-squat I don't even know if I might regret giving up on the game altogether or if it will be worth it in the long run. I honestly don't care about anything else at this point. Are they even going to ATTEMPT to add toddlers? That's all I want to know. No release dates. No promises. Just a yes or no. Then I can move on with my life (dramatic, I know, but this is what it does to me)

--T

Have you tried calling EA on the phone and ask for the supervisor or the man in charge? maybe then they will talk to ya, who knows.

Called, written (many times)...

I'm actually starting to think a GoFundMe might not be such a bad idea. If there were enough of us, who knows?

--T
  • Options

Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

@SimGuruDrake cannot answer on the deep issues and there lies the problem. Many of their customers want more communication and transparency when it comes to issues around the base and why culling like @halimali1980 says has been known to be a huge negative for a lot of people and despite being told it's being looked into new forms of it are appearing. These are big issues that are often sidestepped any time they do talk.

I appreciate Drake and the situation she funds herself in is a tough one. She doesn't have the power to give some customers what they are really looking for-and despite knowing (I am sure she knows full well after being around the community for long enough now) what the issues are if she's not authorised to speak on those topics she can't. It's an impossible situation for those customers and her I'd imagine-I'm sure she would love to help if she could!

In my opinion it's not very fair that she's getting the rough end of the situation where some people are frustrated (I'm not talking about anyone in particular just generally!) and she sometimes gets terse replies but I am sure she does her best to relay the concerns she sees from customers-proved by the little bit of extra information she obtained from EA recently. It may not be a lot to some people but I'm sure she worked hard to get us there. Essentially she's just EA's messenger between them and the community. We all know that saying about what not to do to messengers relaying information!

The issue is EA obviously think they are transparent when translated at the customers end that hasn't been the experience for many of us. Whether you like the game or not this version has had very little information and marketing in comparison to what we are used to. It would be nice if EA would acknowledge the experience their customers have had and at least say they hope to do better if that's how we feel. It's not a lot to say but it would go a long way to assure their customers that they were being heard. I'm pretty sure *most* of the frustration lies in the lack of acknowledgement of the issues customers have found in this situation and by not commenting it gives an impression that they aren't taking in what's being said by their customers. They could be taking it all in-we don't know! But impressions mean something when there is no other communication there to turn to.

I believe they are doing their best on the team-I just wish that we had better communication in terms of acknowledgement of the biggest issues and an obvious attempt to address these or just to acknowledge and repair the feelings customers have experienced behind the issues. The erosion of trust many people have mentioned for example. Sims fans are very loyal. I would like to see an indication that it was appreciated even if those customers were disappointed in TS4 thus far.

I agree. I do feel bad for @SimGuruDrake , I would not want their job. It just seems pointless to say 'i'll answer questions' when they aren't allowed to answer anything anyone really wants to know. I understand they don't want to look like they're not paying attention to us at all, but...ugh this just feels like a lose/lose situation.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

You're telling me this like I care when I really just don't. If she can't answer me, then as I asked, put me in touch with somebody who can. I want to know about a product that I potentially would I like to invest (more) in. If they're not even going to tell me if a CRUCIAL part of this product that is missing is a possibility or not then why should I give them my money? And quite frankly, until they address the issue, my interest in anything else they show me is at zero. But because they've said diddly-squat I don't even know if I might regret giving up on the game altogether or if it will be worth it in the long run. I honestly don't care about anything else at this point. Are they even going to ATTEMPT to add toddlers? That's all I want to know. No release dates. No promises. Just a yes or no. Then I can move on with my life (dramatic, I know, but this is what it does to me)

--T

No one is going to answer that for you unfortunately. We'll either know just before they come out, or not at all.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

--T

Called, written (many times)...

I'm actually starting to think a GoFundMe might not be such a bad idea. If there were enough of us, who knows?

--T

Yup probably, it is sad that you had to do all that , and they still wont give a answer to anything, it just proves to me that they just do not care what the fans think, but that is My opinion on it, so sorry they are like that to the fans.
  • Options
    The state of the sims 4 is so SAD we might as well start a GoFundMe campaign titled "Sims franchise in dire need of help". No wonder Will Wright left... I refuse to believe this is even the sims to begin with... I will only remember sims in its glory days of the sims 2 (and certain aspects of the sims 3). But sims 4?

Right out of the game sims 4 should have beaten its predecessors by a whoping margin. It is what every other game franchise strives to do. As loyal sims fans we caved in and gave this game more than enough chances (more than we care to admit). Its been 2 years and the game still can't match its base game predecessor. EA it is TIME to re-evaluate this franchise.

Take a few years off and start from scratch. Search the globe and put together the perfect sims team. Do what you did with mirrors edge franchise. You know the sims franchise has a spot in PC game history. You know the game has a lot of fans. Please PLEASE take the TIME to deliver a quality COMPLETELY BAKED game. You can even OVER BAKE IT. Delay it if need be. Do what you are doing with mirrors edge catalyst game. At this point, we know that the more time you spend on the game, the better it will become. We need a quality base game that will support next-generation gameplay. Not a salvaged mmorpg sims free to play mobile mess branded as a genuine "sims" game.

Yup agreed, totally.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

Thank you.

--T

--T

No one is going to answer that for you unfortunately. We'll either know just before they come out, or not at all.

Why not? Why is it so hard to answer this question? I'm sorry, but it's just not acceptable.

For me, the ironic thing is that I could enjoy this game for what it is, even if they told me, officially, no toddlers. Until they do this, I'll always just see what this game could've been.

--T
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Maybe not, however anything that involves Star Wars is now the golden child. Sims Series is now secondary to it and EA wants to make Disney happy or else they will pull the license. However, it is very sad on how things are going with this version and I feel like this is being handled like it was with Sim City 2013 in it's last days.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top