Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 and EP3 will NOT be present in the EA Play event

Comments

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @ebuchala, yeah I have a thing with slang.. and I meant Technically. But It's fine, thanks for asking.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    @ebuchala, yeah I have a thing with slang.. and I meant Technically. But It's fine, thanks for asking.

Oh geez. That didn't even cross my mind. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    My guess would be that the next EP is not in a position for a big launch this quick. I'm sure they could put in with a sort of teaser launch like last year with GT that prompted nothing but outrage and scorn but why would they do that again. Hopefully they'll have a big announcement in August at Gamescon, which means 1 EP this year as most everyone has been speculating and anticipating. Not much news here or even a new reason to be any more upset then people already were over a single EP release year.
    One thing I can say Is.. whatever that EP will be, I just have a feeling It's going to be a great one.
  • manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    One thing I can say Is.. whatever that EP will be, I just have a feeling It's going to be a great one.

Oh how I hope you are right.
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    edited May 2016
    :( saddd
    tenor.gif
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Seriously, I do not get this, personally.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    Ummm. Has anyone ever heard of games titled Battlefield, Titanfall or Mass Effect: Andromeda? Probably not. Listen people. The sky is not falling. Everything EA does or does not do doesn't mean that the game is failing or they do not care. If you're going to claim yourself to be a gamer, follow real games news. If you remotely paid attention to ANYTHING posted on the games sites for the last week, you'd know that EA has a VERY full plate of upcoming game releases for fall 2016 and spring 2017. I wouldn't waste precious floor space on this almost 2-year old game either when I have my flagship game (Battlefield) coming out at a very key time - the holidays.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    NikNak wrote: »
    It's like EA wants this game to fail...

Can't tell you how often I've thought that very same thing for several reasons. Big business tends to get very arrogant.
    If a large number of people are feeling increasingly demotivated in communities around the world, the trend is only worsen if things continue as they are.

Where are these communities? I haven't seen any.
    NikNak wrote: »
    It's like EA wants this game to fail...

Maybe the 'communities' have convinced them that there is enough competition and that there is no reason to continue development? Either that or they've already begun development of the next version and they're planning to surprise everyone!

I sure hope it is because of the latter half of your statement.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    Their marketing is absolutely the best.. not.

I don't have a clue what they are doing with their ''very big team'', but it seems they are spending more time playing around and making fun of their playerbase by posting stupid pictures on Twitter ''This is not a hint'' etc.

Well, in 2011 content for The Sims 3 stopped being regular, as they assigned people to different packs, which then meant EP's every 3 months.
    Who's to say they aren't doing the exact same thing, and assigning people to different packs, and they are all in the early stages. Which may mean a drought now, but more content in the future.

It's literally history repeating itself, The Sims 3 went through a sudden drought and bounced back with more than ever.

We can hope, right?

Personally, I don't think so, but we will see.
    I'm getting very annoyed seeing Guru's posting plum cat pictures all over twitter and the fun making they are doing with the ''This is not a hint'' posts. They know how serious this community is waiting for content, and all they are doing is wasting time with posting .gifs and nonsense on twitter.

But just for the record: that's just my opinion.

The only reason I say this is because earlier this year, a lot of the Devs have said they have moved to different teams.

So I'm guessing people moving to new teams means they are all starting on new projects, hence the drought.

Very good insight. It seems though, for whatever reason, they are easing out TS4. and not much giving a fig about the fan base.
    Maybe the foundation that the game Sims4 (which originally was going to be an on-line game "project name Olympus") is built on is hard to add EP'S compared to Sims1-3, all tin hat theory stuff on my part.

I think by the two year mark September of this year if toddlers and a Seasons or Pets like EP is not released the game could well pettier out in my humble opinion only.

Hope I am proven wrong by the way

Yep, exactly. I just posted the same thought, that it seems they are letting the game go. I mean, how much time and thought goes into reusing animations and applying them to different settings. The Dine Out pack sounds much the same. Just like running a business soon lost interest, as did the new careers, so will Dine Out. They're using the cooking animations, sims eating at a table, thrown in a little something extra and there we have have it. Apparently making war games and killing is much more profitable all the way around. I hate war games.
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Eh. It all just sounds like scaremongering to me.

So EA won't be advertising anything for The Sims for some game convention - big deal. Believe it or not not showcasing at a game conventions means diddily-squat and this isn't the first gaming convention EA has ducked out of for The Sims.

Besides, I'd prefer for EA to take their time and produce something amazing rather than just spit out something each and every month. I've never been a fan of this quick-fire monthly release model and if they're straying away from it to take 6+ months to do so that's A-OK with me and I really just do not understand this need for instant gratification. TS1 and TS2 did not have monthly content releases and the only reason TS3 had them was because of the store.

For me Get Together still isn't "that" old (December 2015) and we've had multiple monthly stuff pack releases that finally ceased to happen in February 2016 - how anyone can claim we haven't had any content in "ages" is beyond me. It's only been two months and we KNOW there is something coming because EA put up a teaser for it.

Get To Work:- April 2015
    Get Together:- December 2015
    Outdoor Retreat:- January 2015
    Spa Day:- July 2015
    Luxury Party Stuff:- May 2015
    Perfect Patio Stuff:- June 2015
    Cool Kitchen Stuff:- August 2015
    Spooky Stuff:- September 2015
    Movie Hangout Stuff:- January 2016
    Romantic Garden Stuff:- February 2016

Edit: I'm sure the people here who have been so vocal about wanting the game to fail are practically wetting themselves with excitement though because this is 100% a clear sign something is wrong instead of, oh I don't know, pretty much any other thing EA choosing not to showcase The Sims could actually be down to.
    There's also the fact that, despite what one would believe, a lot of those who criticize TS4 on the forums tend to purchase the game themselves.

Arguing against person without the game: "How can you criticize the game when you haven't played it?"

Arguing against person with the game: "You obviously like it because you bought it"
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm not really surprised that they won't be at EA Play, as they seem to be either a) scrambling to get expansions/GPs/SPs done or b) unsure of their own timeline. It wouldn't make sense for them to present something when it seems like they struggled to get Dine Out released and are probably behind on their timeline.

Also, I'm just glad we don't have to watch people dancing on stage or taking fake 'selfies.' The video still haunts my memory.

Still, I agree with other posters who have said that it seems like they're really falling behind with this iteration, and I can't remember anything in the TS2/TS3 days where the community went months with no news or releases, and little scraps of information thrown to us here or there (maybe there was times when we went awhile with no new releases, but I can't recall such discord in the community as I see now).

As for me, I check in here now and then for news. I like the idea of the Dine Out pack, but I've put down TS4 for months now. I'm looking foward to Planet Coaster and other indie RPGs that I like to play. Due to the lack of news and releases, and generally shallow and basic gameplay, the game has just lost my interest. Once in awhile I'll play for a few days but I always end up putting it down. I don't know if any devs will see this post but I'm really sad that a game that I played since 2001 and followed faithfully is now uninteresting and I have no given incentive to keep buying packs.

I think being present at EA Play, even just to promote possible content, would have gone a long way in earning back some player interest.

• aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    I don't understand why this is labeled urgent, especially with all that's going on in the world.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    To be fair and for those who want to know - EA did seem to give Sims 4 a positive report for "the end of the fiscal year" conference call yesterday.

Now that is done, perhaps Maxis was just waiting for the new budget - as that may have been holding them up even. Who knows.

Were actual figures mentioned or was it the 2/3 growth that was on VIP?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    lyra wrote: »
    I'm not really surprised that they won't be at EA Play, as they seem to be either a) scrambling to get expansions/GPs/SPs done or b) unsure of their own timeline. It wouldn't make sense for them to present something when it seems like they struggled to get Dine Out released and are probably behind on their timeline.

Also, I'm just glad we don't have to watch people dancing on stage or taking fake 'selfies.' The video still haunts my memory.

Still, I agree with other posters who have said that it seems like they're really falling behind with this iteration, and I can't remember anything in the TS2/TS3 days where the community went months with no news or releases, and little scraps of information thrown to us here or there (maybe there was times when we went awhile with no new releases, but I can't recall such discord in the community as I see now).

As for me, I check in here now and then for news. I like the idea of the Dine Out pack, but I've put down TS4 for months now. I'm looking foward to Planet Coaster and other indie RPGs that I like to play. Due to the lack of news and releases, and generally shallow and basic gameplay, the game has just lost my interest. Once in awhile I'll play for a few days but I always end up putting it down. I don't know if any devs will see this post but I'm really sad that a game that I played since 2001 and followed faithfully is now uninteresting and I have no given incentive to keep buying packs.

I think being present at EA Play, even just to promote possible content, would have gone a long way in earning back some player interest.

In TS1/TS2, there was always a flier in the box that said what the next pack/expansion was going to be. They obviously had a plan in place and the roll-outs, while sometimes buggy, were very well-organized. Either we were playing our games, sharing pictures of our games or speculating on what little things would show up in the next game - the next game in which we had already been told the major theme and general release date. It was much less stress. I wasn't around the forums too much during TS3 (I stayed with 2), but I'd imagine with the store, it was a fairly similar happy vibe.

Now I come out here once every couple weeks and find the same information on the front page - baseless speculation generating from "hilarious" twitter trolling by Maxis. And the exact same fights about the exact same things from when the game was originally released almost 2 years ago. The Sims 4 "making customers confused and anxious" marketing strategy is pretty freaking terrible, regardless of whatever opinions you hold on the game itself.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2016
    Seremela wrote: »
    > @Darkslayer said:
    > Seremela wrote: »
    >
    > For the first time im worried about the future of the sims. They should clear up why there is only 1 EP coming this year. More transparenty we need.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Where have they said there's only one EP coming this year? For all we know one EP is due out in June / July and the other is due out November / December.
    >
    > Seriously; a game developer deciding not to showcase a specific game at a convention doesn't mean anything. Nintendo decided not to bother showing anything at all at some pretty major conventions one year and that didn't spell out doom and gloom for them.
    >
    > EA themselves didn't showcase anything for The Sims at one point during one of the E3s (or one of the other conventions, can't remember exactly which one it was) and even though loads of people pointed out that was "proof" the game was a failure etc etc that didn't mean anything back then either as proven by the glut of content releases we got in 2015.

a EP is alway's announced like 3 months before it comes out. And if it was coming out in june or july then they shouldve been at ea play. Just my thoughts.

So? Does that mean EA always has to stick to that? Isn't it ultimately up to EA when they decide to release new content? We already know something is coming. The fact they're not showcasing it at some convention doesn't mean it is flat out not on the cards at all and I personally find it very uncharacteristic for a company like EA not to do anything for their cash cow franchise for a whole year.

Heck, maybe I am totally wrong about it. After all I ultimately don't know any more than anybody else here but I just don't put a lot of stock in a game being a total no-show at a convention being the definitive signs of it's supposed failure / the developer's incompetence. I already mentioned Nintendo but look at Final Fantasy; that game disappeared for years after it was announced and now it's coming out in September this year, has two playable demos and even an anime based off it - a game so many of its fans had written off as being cancelled because Square had a controversial launch (Final Fantasy 13 + it's two sequels) and had been silent about it for years.

It's a convention. There are plenty more due to be held this year and let's face it - even with such controversial opinions of TS4 it's still a Sims title, it can practically sell itself on that alone. EA doesn't need to put it on some pedestal for ten minutes.
    Schantal wrote: »
    I cannot believe there are still people, every single time worse and worse news comes out, that still think this is normal. It's not and sims 3 was releasing 2-3 expansions a year plus store stuff, plus expansions, so to say "sims 3 had a point where stuff wasn't regular" is just silly. The game is not doing well and if you knew about game development you would see that. As with everything else though, you will just have to wait and see, actions will show you quicker than anything else since some people insist on defending every single little thing.....one thing is to like the game (heck I even like the game sometimes), but its quite another to defend EVERY single little thing these people do and be in denial about what is going on with this game. Its just getting silly at this point.

I cannot believe people insist on being so closed-minded all for the sake of a bit of scaremongering.

The fact is if the game was not doing well then EA wouldn't continue to invest money and resources into it but instead we got regular content updates in 2015 and we know there are at least two more content updates coming in 2016 (the "restaurants" GP / EP and the Kids SP).

While we're at it; let's have a look at what's being "defended" shall we? Lately on these forums I've seen various comments from the Gurus get twisted and manipulated completely out of context to the point where it feels like if anything is said at all it turns into this idiotic witch-hunt. On top of that I see grossly misleading threads spelling out the doom of this franchise for various arbitrary reasons that simply do not hold water when common sense is applied. Let's take this thread as an example; it was marked as urgent and the title post was all about concerns for the game etc etc and because of what? EA decided not to showcase something to do with it at a convention? Wow. Yeah that's your proof right there all right. Sigh.

Answer me this; if the game is failing then why didn't EA abandon it last year and why are they STILL making content for it in 2016? They dropped Sim City like a bad habit after what, a year? TS4 may not be the "best" sims title and it may not be as popular as previous iterations but it has to be making a decent profit for EA otherwise they wouldn't bother keeping it going.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hello everyone!

Hopping in here because it seems like there is a lot of misleading information being presented that I want to squash:
    1. Please link to a source whenever you make any kind of statement. Do not simply state something as being factual without any information to back it up.
    2. The Sims 4 is doing just fine. As many of you have noted from our financial report that The Sims 4 player base grew by nearly two-thirds in the fiscal year <<this is fact, not opinion (and before it gets asked: no I will not be providing any additional information that was not shared in our financial reports.)
    Additionally: I am seeing this far too often here and I want to make it clear. Your personal opinions are not fact and should never be stated as such. Do not make statements about what you *think* is going on within studio and try to pass it off as being factual information. Do not make statements of what you *think* myself and the other SimGurus feel about the community or the game --you are not us. The SimGurus are people not a product and should be respected as individuals --this means that slamming the developers and making personal attacks towards them is not and will never be okay. The Sims 4 is a product and you are welcome to provide your opinions on said product whether it is negative or positive. The forums are a place for you to provide feedback / ideas, share your creations, and talk / debate with one another about The Sims 4 and the franchise as a whole --not a place for you to attack / slander / defame the people who work on it.

I'm happy to answer the questions that I can. I'm also changing the title of this thread as it is extremely misleading.
    Thank you. I'm happy there are more Simmers to talk to and that the player base grew. I think people are just worried that there might only one EP released this year instead of two but honestly no one probably knows except at Maxis headquarters.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Does that mean my whole mimick Is degraded? Cause I honestly feel like that. Maxis Is very misleading too, they said some things were going to be In game and turned around and took 60$ that I could've spent on something with more satisfaction. My head Is spinning on a stick.

The way you make seem Is like I said It, @SimGuruDrake.. I have a quesion, does anything In these forums contribute entirely to the game or has It before, besides glitches/etc?
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Hello everyone!

Hopping in here because it seems like there is a lot of misleading information being presented that I want to squash:
    1. Please link to a source whenever you make any kind of statement. Do not simply state something as being factual without any information to back it up.
    2. The Sims 4 is doing just fine. As many of you have noted from our financial report that The Sims 4 player base grew by nearly two-thirds in the fiscal year <<this is fact, not opinion (and before it gets asked: no I will not be providing any additional information that was not shared in our financial reports.)
    Additionally: I am seeing this far too often here and I want to make it clear. Your personal opinions are not fact and should never be stated as such. Do not make statements about what you *think* is going on within studio and try to pass it off as being factual information. Do not make statements of what you *think* myself and the other SimGurus feel about the community or the game --you are not us. The SimGurus are people not a product and should be respected as individuals --this means that slamming the developers and making personal attacks towards them is not and will never be okay. The Sims 4 is a product and you are welcome to provide your opinions on said product whether it is negative or positive. The forums are a place for you to provide feedback / ideas, share your creations, and talk / debate with one another about The Sims 4 and the franchise as a whole --not a place for you to attack / slander / defame the people who work on it.

I'm happy to answer the questions that I can. I'm also changing the title of this thread as it is extremely misleading.

Thank you Sim Guru Drake, your council was much needed, I appreciate it.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Hello everyone!

Thank you Sim Guru Drake, your council was much needed, I appreciate it.

I agree as well and I am so glad something has finally been said about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top