Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boy.... Am I Getting Old.

MugglebumpMugglebump Posts: 52 Member
So....

As I'm going through these forums, I'm watching a repeat of a VH1 Classic (I think VH1 is somehow affiliated with MTV). Anyhow, the program is called "Rewind" and it features musical artists that were popular in the 80's.

So I'm watching this concert type show and saying to myself: "Jeez. These folks have really gotten old". I mean they LOOK old... they were all in their 20's and 30's in the 80"s and now they're in their 50's and 60"s.... which reminds me that I'm not getting any younger either.

Won't state my age here (I think that's a violation of the terms of service) so I'll just say that I'm still young at heart. Hey! I play the Sims!

If you got it, flaunt it.
If you don't, flaunt it anyway!

Comments

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I hear ya! I saw a picture of Jon Bon Jovi the other day and he has gray hair :frowning: I didn't he'd ever get that old!
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    Mugglebump wrote: »
    So....

As I'm going through these forums, I'm watching a repeat of a VH1 Classic (I think VH1 is somehow affiliated with MTV). Anyhow, the program is called "Rewind" and it features musical artists that were popular in the 80's.

So I'm watching this concert type show and saying to myself: "Jeez. These folks have really gotten old". I mean they LOOK old... they were all in their 20's and 30's in the 80"s and now they're in their 50's and 60"s.... which reminds me that I'm not getting any younger either.

Won't state my age here (I think that's a violation of the terms of service) so I'll just say that I'm still young at heart. Hey! I play the Sims!

Not only do those people look 'old' but you can also see that they really were never intellectually active or interested in anything of lasting value.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I think the thing that really made me start feeling old was when my "growing up" music started playing on the oldies station... O.O
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    pineapplerunawaypineapplerunaway Posts: 153 Member
    I had a moment like this recently when I realized all the rockstars I love now are in my age group. When I was a teen I was always like "Ughhhh this person is awesome but too old for me" and I find I can appreciate a band/artist more when they're the same age as me. I also don't recognize anyone on those teen magazine covers.

Is there a rule against stating our ages here? I have several times in the past and I've never gotten in trouble for it :#
    Get off my lawn!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,294 Member
    Loved watching MTV back in the 80's when it was all about the music videos and not the reality shows that they have on there now. I pretty much stopped watching MTV in the 90's as I didn't care for 90's music. MTV means music television not reality shows.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited April 2016
    It's weird you know, 99.9% of the music I know and listen to came out before I was born, and almost everything that's been released in my lifetime either doesn't appeal to me or I've never heard of!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I guess my "old moment" was when I was browsing an antique store to kill some time. As I wandered thru the maze of old furniture and books, I finally found myself in the antique toy section with toys from the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, ... and even 80's! I recognized having quite afew of them Hot Wheels, He-Man figures (several other type of figures), and several of the play-sets sure looked like the ones I grew up playing with.

Anyone remember the Gizmo from Gremlins? That Gizmo doll you bounced and he'd chirp?

Do you remember Alf? Remember the Alf doll that you squeeze his belly and he'd say something (I think 4 phrases in all)? Can you remember some of what he'd say?

I was thinking of this the other day - When you're a kid, you wish you were an adult. When you're and adult, you wish you were a kid. Time goes so slowly for children and they want to rush into adulthood. Well time will speed up AFTER you get your first gray hair or wrinkle, by then you'll be wanting that clock to slow down! Enjoy your childhood, kids - don't rush thru it. Treasure those memories, cause they'll never come again.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    This is like... A thread full of old people

*backs out, closes door quietly and runs away*
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The last time I felt old was when I told forum members in the tech side that I was building my first computer in 20 years. That was in December. :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I'm going to be three decades old in a month. Many of the toys I had growing up are considered "vintage" now. And they were from the 90's!
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Pretty retro thread :+1::+1::star::wink:B)

I like seein' all the fun to be had back then & some pretty rad gears slowly re-emerging back into mainstream.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I saw a picture of somebody on the news the other day (sadly don't even remember who), who had been famous at one stage. My first thought 'He got old'. Answering thought 'So did you'.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I have a lot of older cousins born in the late 70's and 80's, and I always think of 80's kids as teenagers (when I was a toddler) and young adults in their 20's (when I was a kid). I still can't get used to the fact that people born in 1980 are just a few years from turning 40. Time sneaks up on you. Soon enough I'll be past my prime while people who are decades younger than I am rule the world.

Better make the most out of my tim-OOH IT'S THE LATEST SIMS SEQUEL.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I guess my "old moment" was when I was browsing an antique store to kill some time. As I wandered thru the maze of old furniture and books, I finally found myself in the antique toy section with toys from the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, ... and even 80's! I recognized having quite afew of them Hot Wheels, He-Man figures (several other type of figures), and several of the play-sets sure looked like the ones I grew up playing with.

Anyone remember the Gizmo from Gremlins? That Gizmo doll you bounced and he'd chirp?

Do you remember Alf? Remember the Alf doll that you squeeze his belly and he'd say something (I think 4 phrases in all)? Can you remember some of what he'd say?

I was thinking of this the other day - When you're a kid, you wish you were an adult. When you're and adult, you wish you were a kid. Time goes so slowly for children and they want to rush into adulthood. Well time will speed up AFTER you get your first gray hair or wrinkle, by then you'll be wanting that clock to slow down! Enjoy your childhood, kids - don't rush thru it. Treasure those memories, cause they'll never come again.

And as a teenager, I don't want to be either!
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

I have to disagree but ONLY in my personal case (as most everyone else I know would agree with you). While being an adult STINKS some days (like my last week and a half has), I still wouldn't trade being an adult for being a kid for anything. I would however like to rewind time by about 10 years, where I'm still an adult... still know what I know now... and have time pass as if I was a 8 year old waiting for Christmas. Yep, that's what I want.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    And as a teenager, I don't want to be either!
    The teenage years are usualy full of, "I didn't ask to be born!"
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I have to disagree but ONLY in my personal case (as most everyone else I know would agree with you). While being an adult STINKS some days (like my last week and a half has), I still wouldn't trade being an adult for being a kid for anything. I would however like to rewind time by about 10 years, where I'm still an adult... still know what I know now... and have time pass as if I was a 8 year old waiting for Christmas. Yep, that's what I want.

Me too please. Where's that time machine when you need one
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Me too please. Where's that time machine when you need one

http://www.delorean.com/index.php

Flux capacitor sold separately. :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I like to imagine my favorite actor/actresses are just very, very stressed and that they aren't that old. :s

I'm not that old myself to be worried about age, but man, it just feels like time flies a bit too fast.