Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Learning how to swim and other skills for kids?

Would it be fun if sim-parents had to teach their children how to swim before they actually would possess enough swimming skill to be allowed in deep water? (Or would it just be annoying...?) I´m thinking swim schools, children´s pools etc... What other skills can you think of?
Z5yqGx5.png

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Toddlers should have to be taught, in a baby pool or separate smaller pool built along side the adult pool. o:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    @Cinebar: Haha! I was afraid of even mentioning t... them :D - But yes! I´d love the option to build separate smaller pool built along side the adult pool.
    And how about ideas for future gameplay - such as teaching kids how to snowboard, ski etc? Wouldn´t it be cool if sim-children could wave happily from the slopes like: "Look at me - I´m getting the hang of this now..." :)
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think we should be able to hire a tutor for our kids (like the pet trainer in TS2, lol) and get the tutor to teach the kids particular subjects which could be used later such a math or science etc. to be hidden skills or even seen skills, for when they get jobs in careers that need those things.

I would like to see subjects have to be taught so they can carry those with them all their life and it matter in this game about what education they are getting. If we send them to public school (and no private tutor) I think that should be considered just general education, and they should master some subject to be able to get a job later. Starting with childhood. I don't like the setup of the skills of these kids because of how this all changes when they reach teen years. I want things to be a continuance of their lives so yeah, if they are taught to swim when a toddler they can swim when an adult. But have to take lessons later if they were never taught as a child. I want more simulation about life with a little more reality but not overly done to make it so strict it would become grinding.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RosaleeMaeRosaleeMae Posts: 51 Member
    i miss the todlers ;c and this is such a good idea if the parents were able to teach the children
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    If not the ability to build a kiddie pool, maybe a blow-up pool in buy mode would allow us to reach toddlers to swim...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I know parents can encourage their children to swim
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think we should be able to hire a tutor for our kids (like the pet trainer in TS2, lol) and get the tutor to teach the kids particular subjects which could be used later such a math or science etc. to be hidden skills or even seen skills, for when they get jobs in careers that need those things.
    That sounds awesome! :)

Cinebar wrote: »
    I want things to be a continuance of their lives so yeah, if they are taught to swim when a toddler they can swim when an adult. But have to take lessons later if they were never taught as a child. I want more simulation about life with a little more reality but not overly done to make it so strict it would become grinding.
    This is exactly the kind of micro-managment TS4 could benefit so much from! Anything that make sims differ more from each other skill/personality wise is welcome, right? And if it also creates interesting gameplay opportunities - then even better!
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    PatriciaMaxwellPatriciaMaxwell Posts: 3 New Member
    It would be a real fun guys!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would like a "throw in the pool" interaction
    that's how my Sister and I learned. Our grandfather was the kind who wasn't a hand holder. He threw us into the sea and made us figure it out. I figured out how to swim, but I still can't figure out how to float in place.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    It would be nice to tutor children on the piano and the other instruments. I know that you can share knowledge, however, directly tutoring on instruments instead of just making a fuss when a child has low skill learning to play the violin would be useful.