Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help I've Tried EVERYTHING

Imagamerkitty12Imagamerkitty12 Posts: 111 Member
So I Installed The Sims 2 UC and fixed the Resolution Issue and They I Proceeded to try to fix the Annoying Black Squares aaand Nothing!I've Turned off the shadows in game and in The graphics Rules,I've Set Them to Medium,I've Googled it and all of them say to "Change the shadows to Medium" and It's Not working...I'm Really Frustrated at this point and I Just Want to play Sims 2!

I'm Running Windows 10 with an R7 270x Graphics Card if that Helps
and I've run the Compatibility Troubleshooter as well

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

There's a mod for that- it goes in the Downloads folder. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569585
  • Options
    Imagamerkitty12Imagamerkitty12 Posts: 111 Member
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Hi :)
    >
    > There's a mod for that- it goes in the Downloads folder.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    You're Welcome! I have it, too. :D

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I'm sorry to "hijack" this thread, but I can't find a way to post a new question in a new thread. I'm having a repetitive issue with the Nanny. She seems to go into this feedback loop where she just stands in front of one of the cribs (there are three) and then locks into place and never moves. No one can interact with her, she ignores the baby and toddler, and the parents can't send her home by dismissing her. The only way I've found to clear her out is to move the family out which clears all belongings from the home and any paintings in progress are then lost, and then I leave the neighborhood and come back and move the family back into the home by re-buying it. Unfortunately, I then have to spend time setting the home back up the way it was by re-buying all the furniture, cabinets, appliances, games, toys, etc. and that is a real PITA. Is there any way to either prevent this feedback loop/glitch from occurring in the first place, or somehow getting the nanny out of the feedback loop/glitch once she enters it?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this area.

Thanks!
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @SataiDelennn
    You can't create a new post until you become a Member - I think you need like posts and add comments to others.
    To fix your problem:
    Have you installed all the game patches for the expansion packs?
    If you haven't, there are several sites (unsure if it is on this one too?) for you to download.
    If you use the cheat box (control, shift and C) and type move objects on, you can delete the Nanny, then using the cheat box again, type move objects off. Save your game and exit to the neighbourhood. When you re-enter, the Nanny should be at the gate.
    If there is still a problem, you can move the family out but first place all the families possessions (including the paintings) in their inventories so you don't lose anything.
    Hope this helps?
    Good luck with your game! :)
  • Options
    OK, I don't have any expansion packs, just the Sims 2 installed.

Yeah, I use the cheat box to give them money and turn the aging off so that I can get them pregnant as many times as I want (which I've never done before this family I created, lol. She's on her third child now. So far they're all boys and I just got her pregnant again because I'm determined for her to give birth to at least one girl!).

OK, so as to getting the nanny out of there, I type, "move objects off" just like that? Or do I have to have it all one word, no spaces?

Also, if that doesn't work and I have to move the family out, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by putting everything in "their inventories." Where is this option?

I've played The Sims and The Sims Deluxe, and The Sims 2 for years (and I mean YEARS. I'm almost middle-aged now, and I've been playing at least one version of this game since I was a teen!), but I'm not very technologically savvy, so I'm not familiar with much outside of the basics.

Anyway, I'm going to go try your suggestion and hope it works, because I really don't want to have to move them out of the house again.

Thank you SO much for your advice and help!

Also, just a side note. While I love The Sims 2, I miss being able to get really house creative as I was able to in The Deluxe Version. I created a house that had an inner courtyard like in ancient Roman Times (and dressed them as though they were ancient Romans), and all inner doors to the courtyard were archways instead of open/close doors. It was my favorite house. I wish I could recreate it in The Sims 2, but everything goes dark on the inside when you close off that last wall when I try.
  • Options
    OK, I tried twice. That didn't work. *sigh* She's still standing stubbornly in front of the crib.

It's almost three in the morning. I really need some sleep. I'm going to come back later this afternoon.

Also, how do I delete the nanny? I tried typing "Delete Nanny" but that didn't work, and it wouldn't let me move her.
  • Options
    @SataiDelennn
    I didn't realise you are very new to playing Sims2.
    If you use the cheat box (control, shift and C) then type help - it will give you the whole list of cheats that can be used in Sims2 with all the correcting wording and spacing, so scroll until you find the one about moving objects.
    Use the delete key on your keyboard to delete the Nanny, then type in the cheat box move objects off.
    This is a picture showing the inventory and all the objects my Sim had inside:
    FlowerTalentBadge.jpg
    To place objects in the inventory, open the inventory in the control panel and 'drag' in.
    Hope this helps?
  • Options
    milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    you could also try testingcheats to force an error, however some peoples games don't work well with testingcheats, personally I have played on many installs on many computers and have never had a problem though.

How it works is open the cheat box and type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" but without the quotes.
    Then hold down the shift key whilst clicking the nanny and go through the options menu until you find "force error" click on this. Then select "reset" is this doesn't work find force error again and click "delete" and the nanny will be deleted.
    Then to turn off testingcheats open the cheat box and type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" (without quotes)
  • Options
    > @LadysimPlayer8 said:
    > @SataiDelennn
    > I didn't realise you are very new to playing Sims2.
    > If you use the cheat box (control, shift and C) then type help - it will give you the whole list of cheats that can be used in Sims2 with all the correcting wording and spacing, so scroll until you find the one about moving objects.
    > Use the delete key on your keyboard to delete the Nanny, then type in the cheat box move objects off.
    > This is a picture showing the inventory and all the objects my Sim had inside:
    >
    > To place objects in the inventory, open the inventory in the control panel and 'drag' in.
    > Hope this helps?
    > Good luck with your game! :)

Hi Ladysim,

It's not exactly that I'm new to playing Sims 2, I'm more new to the "advanced" cheats. I know how to get a little money, a lot of money, and turn the age on and off, but those are the only cheats I ever had, and until this glitch, I was fine with that. I'm also minimally technologically savvy and again, I'm fine with that because while I'm not technically stupid, if I glean enough knowledge of something to give something a try, unfortunately, I can be dangerous as I was with my previous desktop computer. I have a Windows 7 now (which I LOVE), and had XP before (and I loved that computer too). Unfortunately, from watching my computer guy do things when I had a problem now and again, I got just enough knowledge to be dangerous and wound up somehow deleting drivers and sound cards and things from my computer and by the time I went to my computer guy for help, it was too late. I think that was due to allowing Ccleaner to mess with my registry and it found all sorts of supposed corrupted files and the only way to "fix"them was to delete them, and I let it. So, the end result was needing a new computer, and I've never run Ccleaner for anything other than removing temp files, cookies, etc., since. Which is why I now am content to remain technologically stupid and let the professionals do their job because they're professionals and I'm not. Hence why I never tried to explore beyond the basics in Sims 2.

Anyway, thank you for your help. I have to get going right now, but I will try your suggestion again later this afternoon.

Btw, where is anything in the game that says, "Inventory?" I've looked under the "buy" option section, and in the "build" option section but can't find anything that says, "Inventory."

And Milly, thank you for your suggestion also.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Btw, where is anything in the game that says, "Inventory?" I've looked under the "buy" option section, and in the "build" option section but can't find anything that says, "Inventory."
    If you look at the picture I posted, it shows you the location of the Inventory.
    It is found in "Live Mode" and on the right hand side of the control panel with all the personal information about your Sim. (I appreciate your control panel is a little different as you only have the Sims2 base game installed but this location is still the same.)
    It is the bottom "box" icon - use the hand icon and click on the objects and drag into this box.
    If you look at the picture again - Live Mode, the box and the hand with the inventory open are all highlighted in green - check you are in the same location.
    Hope this helps?

P.S. re the house becoming dark once you close the last wall - use the roof tool and turn off automatic roofs and delete all roofs whilst you continue to work on the house. Once decorated and furnished, use the roof tool and turn on automatic roofs again and your house will be complete - roof and all. :)
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Sorry for butting in but from what I read scanning threw the post @SataiDelennn is only playing with the base game? Personal inventories were not introduced until The Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion pack.

Also @SataiDelennn the best way I know to stop the loop is by resetting the Sim. ctrl+shift+c type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true shift click the nanny and locate in the menu Force Error. A dialog will pop up and select reset. Then you should be able to dismiss her. Also type boolprop testingcheatsenabled false to turn off the cheat and try not to mess with anything else within this menu unless you know what your doing as it can seriously mess up your game.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    OK, I've tried repeatedly the boolprop thing and it just won't let me click on her. She's connected to the crib somehow, and it won't let me pick up the crib to move it, nor will it let me click on her. And no, there's no inventory option. And it won't give me any kind of menu when I type the boolprop thing. Nothing happens at all.

So it looks like I need to move them out again, lose EVERYTHING, and rebuy everything which just sucks.

Thank you all for trying to help.
  • Options
    OK, sorry for the double post; I was looking for a way to edit my post, but I can't seem to. I'm assuming this is another thing about being a "new member" as opposed to just being "a member."

ANYWAY......... OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!

@LadysimPlayer8: THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Typing in the "help" gave me the list of cheats, and in there was the way to move unmovable objects! It wasn't "move objects on" it was actually, "moveObjects on." and once I typed that, it allowed me to click on the nanny and DELETE her and she disappeared and I IMMEDIATELY saved the game, lol.

Thank you so much to all of you again for trying to help. I really REALLY appreciate it! You guys are AWESOME!!!

Oh, btw, Lady, I apologize for missing the picture you posted this morning. When I initially posted after your post, that picture was not coming up. It's showing now though, and yeah, no, I don't have that inventory thing. Just "collections" when I click on the "Buy" mode. I don't know if that counts as the same thing. Anyway, I'm just really glad I don't have to move everyone out of the house again and start all over! Unfortunately, because this glitch was going on, and I was spending so much time on it, I failed to pay attention to one of the kids and he dropped a grade because he failed to get out of the pool and go to school, lol. So now he's a D student and has to work that much harder to get his grades up. *sigh* but at least I got rid of the nanny, lol.

OK, I exited the neighborhood and went back in, and the nanny isn't at the front door, but she's also not stuck at the crib either, so I'm happy!

Hmm... I didn't say "plum" I said "plain s**ks" but without the asterisks. I guess I can't say that, lol. Oh well.
  • Options
    @SataiDelennn Nothing happens after initally entering the cheat code but you should be able to hold down the shift on your keyboard and click the nanny...If this is not working I'm sorry It's been such a long time since I've played with base game only and maybe you have to type it in a certain way. Maybe this way with the letters capital in the specific spots: boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
    In later versions and expansions capitalization wasn't needed. In the base game it's was more case sensitive.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    Oh, OK Summerbear5, thank you. I did try to press the Shift key and then click on the nanny, but it didn't work. However, I did manage to get rid of the nanny (I'm hoping not permanently, lol) by typing "help" as LadySim suggested and found the correct type phrase for the moving unmovable objects and solved the issue, and I've saved the game and exited out, and re-entered. So now I have to see if the nanny is available by phone to ensure she's still in the game somewhere, lol.

Oh, before I forget; @LadysimPlayer8: thank you for the roof suggestion regarding trying to make an inner courtyard. I hadn't thought of that. Or maybe I had but couldn't get it to work right, and gave up. When I'm ready to create a new home (now that I got rid of the nanny, I'm very content to stick with this family in this house for a while), I'll try again using your suggestion.

@Summerbear5: I just wanted to add that I LOVE your signature. I just lost my cat this past February due to a suspected stroke, and he was just shy of his 19th birthday. They are such amazing creatures, aren't they?

And again, thank you all for your help!!!
  • Options
    @SataiDelennn I have 2 cats myself...Junior and Buddy
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    That's awesome! Make sure you love them as much as you can!
  • Options
    Sorry for butting in but from what I read scanning threw the post @SataiDelennn is only playing with the base game? Personal inventories were not introduced until The Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion pack.
    I started playing The Sims2 with Nightlife Expansion Pack, so I can't say for sure that that this is the case but I doubt it as Inventories have been around since The Sims.

@SataiDelennn
    I'm glad you have managed to get rid off the Nanny! :)
    The 'move objects on' is very similar in Sims3 to Sims2 and as I have been playing Sims3 since the start of the year - I could not be sure of the exact wording. However after posting my picture, I am now back playing Sims2 and enjoying my Sim legacy family who have a flower shop. :)
    Do look around the web for the patch for the Sims2 base game as you may encounter other glitches.
  • Options
    This is what I read on the wikia "Inventory is a feature introduced in Nightlife, and carried forward into later expansion and stuff packs."
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    @LadysimPlayer8: Thank you! Yeah, so far that's the only glitch I'm encountering, and I THINK I MIGHT know why now, is the nanny. I get annoyed with the characters really easily when I'm trying to make them do something and something or someone else starts trying to interfere. I THINK I was trying to get Jeremy (the current toddler soon-to-be child) to use the potty and the nanny kept sending up the icon to pick him up which would cause him to stop using the potty, and his bladder was usually ready to burst, and it was really ticking me off so I'd cancel out the icon repeatedly. I think that's what would send the nanny into the feedback loop. I'm not 100% sure though, but I'm pretty sure as I haven't repeatedly canceled out that icon in a while and she hasn't gotten stuck since the last time in front of the fridge (which was at least a change from getting stuck in front of the crib, lol).
  • Options
    @Summerbear5
    Thank you for clarifying.
    As I stated in my post I only played with Sims2 and Nightlife initially back in 2006, so I have always had an inventory in my game. Not sure why EA Games did not include this as it was already a feature in The Sims?

Off Topic - does anyone else have a problem using the quote function? It usually works for me! :)
  • Options
    @SataiDelennn
    Sometimes employing a Nanny or a Butler can be annoying as you can't instruct them what to do and they can get in the way of what instructions you give to any adults/teens with regard to babies and toddlers. :)
    My advice is not to employ Nannies or Butlers until all the toddlers skills have been achieved - if the adult Sims work, use the maternity/paternity leave granted after the birth of the child. Between this leave and naturally occurring days off from work, generally at least one adult is home and can take care of the child. Maternity/Paternity leave is not granted for adopted children. I tend to employ Nannies once the child starts school.

I don't know if this maybe of interest to you but there used to be a challenge where you create a family of 1 Adult Sim and 7 Toddlers and play them until they grow up into a child. The object is to achieve as many toddler skills (walking, talking, potty-trained and if you have the Freetime Expansion Pack also to teach them a Nursery Rhyme) as you can. The challenge lasts for 4 Sim days and no cheats are permitted! :)
  • Options
    @LadysimPlayer8 I thought the quote function wasn't working properly for me because I'm still listed as a New Member (and I'm trying to understand that seeing as I've got nearly 60 posts, and someone else on these boards only has 33 posts, and they're already listed as a member!).

Well, see, in regard to the Maternity Leave, right after the babies were born, the game CLAIMED I had maternity leave, but then immediately made Joan go to work the same day! So, nope, no maternity leave, so I had no choice but to have a nanny come in.

Oy! Lol, one parent and SEVEN kids and I can't even use the aging off?! YIKES! lol. I already know I'd fail that challenge! I don't have any mods or expansion packs, just whatever came with the disc when I bought it YEARS ago.

Oh, and thank you again for your suggestion regarding how to achieve the courtyard I was after. I am liking the house a lot. Now I just have to create a family for it.

I've got pictures ready to share as soon as I'm allowed to post images and links!
  • Options
    Whoa! OK, I know this has been mentioned before by others, but this was a first for me! I was trying to keep up with the remaining two toddlers (Julie and David), since the other three are children, and the eldest boy, Petey, got into a fight with Charlie, I think. Maybe it was Jeremy. One of those windows popped up, but since I was in the middle of trying to get diapers changed, I "x'd" out of the popup window because it was only showing a wall, instead of what was actually occurring. Well, after ensuring the diapers would be changed, I skimmed over to the parents room where the window had popped up, and got the shock of the day at seeing all three boys fighting! I think Petey came out on top, lol. He was the one who still had his fists raised at the end of it all. The next thing I know, Jeremy (the second oldest) moved on and made his parents' bed for them, and I got a further shock when Petey walked over to Charlie and gave him a makeup kiss! It was so odd, but so sweet! And Charlie accepted it. So, I guess they just had a "boys" moment and needed to get out their aggression. They must have been fighting over the T.V. I really wish they'd remember that there's another T.V. downstairs they can use! lol.

They really are all good boys, they apparently just had a "moment," but everything's fine now.

Oh, and something else odd happened. It was like, 3:30 in the morning, and a Sim showed up I'd never seen before, and rang the doorbell. I was afraid it was someone to come and take the kids away, so I didn't let anyone answer the door. Eventually they went away, lol. Crisis averted for now!