Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help I've Tried EVERYTHING

13...Next

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    @LadysimPlayer8
    Yeah, I understand. What I've been doing is keeping the age off on them, build up their skills (as toddlers) then age them to kids and turn the age off again, then build up skills and grades again, and that's how I aged Petey to be a teenager. So, now for the first time ever, I'm exploring the teenager realm, and eventually I'll let him graduate and maybe go to college, or just let him go get a job. And at that point, one or more of the kids will age to be teenagers, and the last of the toddlers will age into kids, and I'll turn the age off again, then get Joan and Byron into really good aspiration moods, and have them drink the Elixir again to reset their ages back to when I first started with them. I'm just not ready for Joan and Byron to get old. Especially since she wants another kid now, lol.

Btw, I posted pics of the houses I made in the "Good House Plans" thread.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2016
    @SataiDelennn
    If you get you toddler Sims to drink Smart Milk, skills will build quickly during being a toddler and a child.
    Here is a pic of my Sim who maxed the Creativity Skill just after becoming a teen.
    166snapshot_63364107_e4096cb7.jpg
    If your teen Sims have eight (or more) skill points in any field, they will qualify for a Scholarship Grant.
    They also qualify for the SimCity Scholar's Grant and Young Entrepreneur Award if they are Overachievers - A+ Students and topped a teen career track.
    Did you know that an Elder can adopt a baby/toddler/child?
    Post edited by LadysimPlayer8 on
    @LadysimPlayer8

Interesting. He's usually an A+ student, but his grades dropped because he was stressed out and missed a day of school, so I have to get his grades back up, and then work on his skills. He's getting up there, but he's not there yet.

So your Sim is a prodigy then?

Several of my kids like playing the piano. Unfortunately, with five kids in the house, it's tough trying to keep them all happy and wanting to do their homework, let alone try and build up their skills. As for the SuperMilk thing, my remaining toddlers would be unlikely to use it as they're almost never in a happy state these days. No one in the house seems to have more time for them than changing their diapers when the toddlers are unable to get to the potty in time, or feed them, or put them in or take them out of their cribs before everyone has to go to work and school. By then, they're stuck in the nanny's care, and well, you can guess the rest.

No, I didn't know an elder could adopt. That's really interesting to know, thank you!
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @SataiDelennn
    This particular Teen Sim is Bella Goth, the second generation of my Goth Legacy.
    It is one of the goals to achieve Platinum Status at aging, so Bella was a Miracle Mite and Child Prodigy and is now a young adult at Sim State University. Bella qualified for 5 Student Grants and went to college with $4,500; however I still placed her in the dorms to get to know other students.
    Naturally no cheats are used; except "move objects on" if someone or some object gets stuck. :(
    Other goals for my legacy family is Entry to Private School, attaining an A+ and becoming an Overachiever. :)
    The also have to Top Career Track, Sell a Masterpiece and Write a Best Seller. Hopefully the Sim will Fulfill their Liftime Want (unless it is a crazy one) and/or Reach Platinum Lifetime Aspiration.
    I try to get them to live as long as possible but the highest age achieved so far has been 84 years - but I read a Sim can live to 90 days.
    Wow, that's amazing! I'm going to have to try to get Petey into private school. He was a Miracle Mite at one point, but he spends so much time helping out with his siblings, he's fallen. Jeremy (the next in line) also aged from toddler to child as a Child Prodigy. He still seems to be mostly on track, but he's suffering socially right now, so I need to get people to pay more attention to him. It's poor Charlie who aged up badly, and I've been working on him ever since, trying to get him to be nicer, and more outgoing, and not fight with his siblings, or be mean so much.

But as I said elsewhere, I keep the age off, and try to build up their skills and stuff, then age them up and turn the age off again. It's just my preferred method of playing.