Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's called retirement, not unemployment!

Sims should be "retired" and not "unemployed" when they retire! I find it very sad that they become unemployed when they retire. It's almost like it doesn't matter that they worked so hard for so many Sim Days. Ok, they get the daily check, but how sad is it that they answer "unemployed" instead of "retired scientist" ect when they get asked what they do for a living.

I really hope this will be fixed in a patch soon. Shouldn't be too much trouble to change that.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Totally agree! :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    My sims haven't reached retirement age yet, but that is not a good thing to hear. Hopefully they will fix it cos - like you say - it wouldn't need much to change it.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I honestly don't think that any of the guru's play the game. Or they would jot this down on a scratch pad, and fix it. Should be an easy enough fix. I'm sure they are overworking the gurus, but they (whoever "they" are) should make it a requirement to play a minimum number of hours a week. That way, the sims team can understand minor annoyances in the game and patch in some easy fixes.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's a lack of respect for the elderly Sim. Enough said.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    guineapigsimguineapigsim Posts: 98 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's a lack of respect for the elderly Sim. Enough said.

So true!
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    You should call for every major country to hold a full referendum on this! I'm starting a petition right now!
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I had my Sim ask an NPC their career and they stated "retired" and it appeared in the friendship pannel under careers. I don't understand this complaint at all.
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    Yes, indeed. It needs to say "retired" when they retire. Also, it should say what career the retired sim was in and the position when you move the mouse cursor on "retired" and how many days the retired sim worked.
  • Options
    I had my Sim ask an NPC their career and they stated "retired" and it appeared in the friendship pannel under careers. I don't understand this complaint at all.

@SweetieTreats do you have pictures?
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    YES, This please!
    My elder sims didn't work hard their entire life to be labeled as 'unemployed' after Retirement I really hope this is fixed and soon. I have a few sims I plan on aging up and would be angry it I felt their life's were so soon forgotten and worthless. I also need a cemetery lot, like yesterday.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I honestly don't think that any of the guru's play the game. Or they would jot this down on a scratch pad, and fix it. Should be an easy enough fix. I'm sure they are overworking the gurus, but they (whoever "they" are) should make it a requirement to play a minimum number of hours a week. That way, the sims team can understand minor annoyances in the game and patch in some easy fixes.

Man, I cannot "Awesome" this enough!
    Right ON! Really get down and try to play the game, like we do.
    #simguru anyone!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    MiKeeMiKee Posts: 72 Member
    I have no idea either
    @SweetieTreats
    Jn559w6.png

• Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member

Maybe, it only shows "retired" on NPCs.
  • Options
    @SweetieTreats
    @MiKee

My game (in norwegian):

viylcl.png
    Geoffrey Landgraab working as a secret agent

pVuTFi.png
    He decides to retire ("pensjoner deg" is norwegian for retire)

7t6klw.png
    Now he does not have a job anymore

v12TzV.png
    And in Nancys friendship pannel it says that Geoffrey is unemployed ("arbeidsløs" is norwegian for unemployed)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I tested with my sim right now and he can get retirement payment and when others ask his job, it says he is retired. And on dialog pannel it says he is retired. He is acitve sim with doctor career. Well I played way back with one of my elder sims but he got retirement fee too, but I tested right now to get screenshot.
    On active sims pannel, when click job thing, it sure says unmployment and can choose other job, but except that everything is marked as retirement. I guess when you just ask his job using other sims it will say retired too. You need to clcik retire , not quit job .
    Like this
    c5m0v4Z.png

Etc , while testing I found out to change to be retired, you need to talk to retired sim first or just wait a few seconds.
    Well I am kind of shocked that so many peoples didnt know they can retire.
  • Options
    MiKee wrote: »
    You need to clcik retire , not quit job .
    Like this
    c5m0v4Z.png

That is the way I always make my sims retire. I never choose "quit job" but still they get "unemployed" after retiring.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Well then dont know.. Why my game is like this
    pkQgR9d.png
    6hKdnwu.png
    I tested with 3 sims and results are same.

Etc
    Like I told you before try talking to langrabb or ask his job.

I tested with langraab and this time he marked as stay home dad first, but after his son starts talking to him, he changed as retired.
    kaZRE4n.jpg
    Post edited by MiKee on
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    It should say "retired [career here]" either way, not just retired.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @guineapigsim It has been like this since they added the career to the friendship UI in the patch. Maybe you can repair your game to see if it will work that way.

@rosemow Any suggestions?
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    You don't even know how much I agree with you on this one. They need to fix it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

It doesn't work that way on your own played Sim, though. I have two elderly in a household with others and it shows unemployed though they get pensions.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have no idea either
    @SweetieTreats
    Jn559w6.png

I believe we are talking about totally different things. The fact is retirement does not display in the career panel unlike in TS2 and three:

1287015.largethumb.png[img][/img]
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    It is obviously not working properly (no one in my game are retired and no one goes from unemployed to retired when someone starts takling to them), and it's also lacking compared to TS2 and TS3. I really hope the whole retirement system gets an overhaul with a generations themed EP.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @SweetieTreats
    @MiKee

v12TzV.png
    And in Nancys friendship pannel it says that Geoffrey is unemployed ("arbeidsløs" is norwegian for unemployed)

Then why my game is like this? They are played sim for more thwn one year, not npc and it shows each other retired not like op showed. If your game keeps saying unemployed like pictures you show, check mod or something. Some mod ruins game
    Well then dont know.. Why my game is like this
    pkQgR9d.png
    6hKdnwu.png
    I tested with 3 sims and results are same.

Etc
    Like I told you before try talking to langrabb or ask his job.

I tested with langraab and this time he marked as stay home dad first, but after his son starts talking to him, he changed as retired.
    kaZRE4n.jpg