Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wonder what "secret project" the developers are working on?!!?

Comments

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited March 2016
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I would love to know the theme or general idea of what is coming up next, that would be so nice to know.

Yeah we don't really need specifics that spoil all the content whats coming next, but a general idea or theme or a feature of what's coming next would be great.

I think it's fun to have little forum games like this. Games where we can actually find out what's coming, or get a glimpse of what's coming without spoilering the whole thing, and we can have fun completing a puzzle or something.

I really miss the communication about future content with the community too. That's why there is more hype then ever, more speculation than ever, more disappointment than ever and more angry players than ever.

I think this is a great idea if it is possible- a general idea or theme or feature or picture or just whatever you can share. Something to get us all excited about the next pack.

A good example would be like in Sims 3. The store items. Many times a dev would tweet a little hint and then someone would come to the forums and tell us about it and we would all try to guess what it was. Then the next week maybe a dev would come on the forums and say you guys are close but not quite. Here is another small hint- maybe that hint would be just one word or it would be a picture of something. And on it would go until we got the next store item. People actually looked forward to the hints. It was fun. The forums was a fun place to be back then.

So, any little hint..of course please let us know it is a hint since these days things are taken out of context and tossed about like a hint. People are that desperate to be hyped up. We want to be excited about what is coming. We want to be hyped up and saving our money for the next pack. Just throw us a bone, we can speculate from there LOL.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Just throw us a bone, I love it.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited March 2016
    Evalen wrote: »
    Just throw us a bone, I love it.

6h6gf.gif i'm sorry i had to do that :smiley:
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    amanda88mamanda88m Posts: 39 Member
    Yes, I agree with all the people above!
    We want hints :) just any kind of hint would be awesome. to fuel the hype train
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited March 2016
    i think some of us got hyped as well by seeing the livestreams that the sims team did with the eps and sometimes with the sims store content i love seeing with some of the stuff we could do with the sims ;v; with the upcoming contact
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    BOY wrote: »
    isn't everything they're working on a secret project?

This is pretty much the answer. We're not going to talk about any future stuff until given a go-ahead, so everything's going to be "a secret project" until it's not so secret.

Unless it's not secret and doesn't really matter.

I mean I'm working on unifying variables when we create installables so that we don't have to hardcode values like "if pack = EP02, copy EP02_Rural_01.world" in multiple places. Really riveting stuff, I know. I'm 90% sure @SimGuruDrake's can't yell at me for that. Let's find out, shall we?

lol You have evaded me this time Steve!

pfttt i agree with @Petarce123 we need the lol button for things like this XD

We need it as soon as possible! :smiley:
    There were so many times when I wanted to press the LOL button but it wasn't there! :(

yus soooo many times

Maybe one day, @SimGuruDrake will relent and enable the lols again.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/856964/lol-and-disagree-buttons

However, last I heard she was pretty firm on the function not making a comeback. If she had a gif for her answer, it would've been this one.

giphy.gif

I am adding this to my "no" gif collection! :D

Well while you are adding this to your gif collection how about adding a let the people know, what is going on, I use to love hearing about all the things that are coming, and was excited and so was the forum, but now it has turned into speculations, opinions, and it is not fun anymore, I use to love to watch video, updates, pictures, but now it is just sad. We don't talk about what's coming, because we get no info and the forum becomes upset. A little hint now and then would be nice. they speculate and if it is not what they thought it would be, then they are unhappy, they build up hopes and dreams, only to get knocked down in the end. If they knew what was coming then they would not have to go through this. It has never been like this and I am not sure why it is now. No news, no hints, no little tidbits, like your going to love this, and show just a little things. How hard is that. It make for better relations. Sorry if this post is not happy, but I come here often to see what is coming and there is nothing said. Hope that you change that. You have a great day and a happy time at work and let us know a little.

When it is asked of me and I am able to share things / answer questions I do. I have actually given a little info we hadn't talked about yet back before November, before we started releasing information weekly about the Get Together EP and what you could expect from it I shared an image of the arcade machine with those of you here in the forums as a hint of things to come. I try to be vigilant to dispel things before they get out of hand but I generally don't like to comment on rumors or speculation unless I see things getting bad in a thread (lots of arguments, etc.)

But to your point: You ask for a little hint but you also mention that speculation happens and it can get out of hand so with that in mind, what kind of "official hints" would you be interested in seeing prior to an official announcement? Are you wanting an idea of the theme of the pack? The pack type? The name? Are you wanting an image tease? I can't make any promises that any of that will happen but I always welcome feedback that I can pass along to the appropriate teams for consideration :)

A nice idea would be to take a screenshot or picture, and post every week or whatever a part of the screenshot, to make a puzzle. It gives players an actual image what's to come, what the general theme is or whatever, and we can have fun completing the puzzle. I would really like that.

I agree with that. I'd like the Gurus to "tease" us with hints about new content. The other day we mentioned it would be nice e.g. To have a countdown for a new announcement. That way we could be hyped about it and also stop the speculation about when the next EP/GP will be announced. It would be cool too if everyday of the countdown a piece of the puzzle was released!
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    And on the topic of official hints, none of that secret #### ## ### # #### code that one of the gurus pulled a couple times.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Even a semi-blurred 50x50 px teaser picture of a portion of one item -- just something to get us on the tarmac and out of Hype International Airport!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    i think some of us got hyped as well by seeing the livestreams that the sims team did with the eps and sometimes with the sims store content i love seeing with some of the stuff we could do with the sims ;v; with the upcoming contact

@Simgurudrake

I agree! The pre-release live streams of upcoming EP's and such were always really fun to watch. Even a little Q and A with it.
    However, what bothered me personally a lot with TS3 live streams is that to my feeling they spoilered the whole EP, so there was not much left to discover. I do hope we will get such live streams back before the release of packs, but I hope they want to leave a little bit more under wraps. Like not all the details we need to know, I would love to have a general idea of the pack and such, but still with surprises left.
  • Options

@Simgurudrake

I agree! The pre-release live streams of upcoming EP's and such were always really fun to watch. Even a little Q and A with it.
    However, what bothered me personally a lot with TS3 live streams is that to my feeling they spoilered the whole EP, so there was not much left to discover. I do hope we will get such live streams back before the release of packs, but I hope they want to leave a little bit more under wraps. Like not all the details we need to know, I would love to have a general idea of the pack and such, but still with surprises left.

I agree, I don't want all the ans. but it would be fun to see everyone excited again. We need that here. I want to hear someone say, Oh my gosh I can't wait to get this Pk or EP, it looks awesome. Just a little sneak preview

• Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member

This is pretty much the answer. We're not going to talk about any future stuff until given a go-ahead, so everything's going to be "a secret project" until it's not so secret.

I mean I'm working on unifying variables when we create installables so that we don't have to hardcode values like "if pack = EP02, copy EP02_Rural_01.world" in multiple places. Really riveting stuff, I know. I'm 90% sure @SimGuruDrake's can't yell at me for that. Let's find out, shall we?

There were so many times when I wanted to press the LOL button but it wasn't there! :(

yus soooo many times

However, last I heard she was pretty firm on the function not making a comeback. If she had a gif for her answer, it would've been this one.

giphy.gif

Well while you are adding this to your gif collection how about adding a let the people know, what is going on, I use to love hearing about all the things that are coming, and was excited and so was the forum, but now it has turned into speculations, opinions, and it is not fun anymore, I use to love to watch video, updates, pictures, but now it is just sad. We don't talk about what's coming, because we get no info and the forum becomes upset. A little hint now and then would be nice. they speculate and if it is not what they thought it would be, then they are unhappy, they build up hopes and dreams, only to get knocked down in the end. If they knew what was coming then they would not have to go through this. It has never been like this and I am not sure why it is now. No news, no hints, no little tidbits, like your going to love this, and show just a little things. How hard is that. It make for better relations. Sorry if this post is not happy, but I come here often to see what is coming and there is nothing said. Hope that you change that. You have a great day and a happy time at work and let us know a little.

When it is asked of me and I am able to share things / answer questions I do. I have actually given a little info we hadn't talked about yet back before November, before we started releasing information weekly about the Get Together EP and what you could expect from it I shared an image of the arcade machine with those of you here in the forums as a hint of things to come. I try to be vigilant to dispel things before they get out of hand but I generally don't like to comment on rumors or speculation unless I see things getting bad in a thread (lots of arguments, etc.)

But to your point: You ask for a little hint but you also mention that speculation happens and it can get out of hand so with that in mind, what kind of "official hints" would you be interested in seeing prior to an official announcement? Are you wanting an idea of the theme of the pack? The pack type? The name? Are you wanting an image tease? I can't make any promises that any of that will happen but I always welcome feedback that I can pass along to the appropriate teams for consideration :)

I think even just a countdown to the next announcement would be a big help. It could take off a lot of the antsy-ness of the seemingly long waits in between packs.

I really like the idea of puzzle pictures, that would be a lot of fun and would encourage a lot of people to get involved. Or even something like those hidden item pictures in magazines, or something like Where's Waldo... Like, obscurely hide one new item in a very busy mess of a picture and see what people guess it may be after finding said item...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    I like the where's Waldo idea, trying to find the item that will be in the next Ep, that would be a lot of fun and keep us happy and excited.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    @SimGuruDrake ;

I think it would be good if more 'hints' were made before an announcement. Whether this be a screenshot, a small video teaser etc etc. It would be nice to have some time to know what I'm investing in. :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I love all these ideas, :) soooooo excited for the first hint :D
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Amy327 wrote: »
    Huh? I literally I have no idea what that just meant lol.

So then my secret's safe. Excellent.

LOL
    See, we have no idea what that was.
    You can tell more now
    :)
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

yus soooo many times

giphy.gif

OK I don't want hints.
    Can you please ask the team to fix the annoying bug that causes the sim to sit on the chair every time he has to put back a book in the book case or put the leftover in the fridge?
    Right now this is the most annoying bug.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Don't you think if they gave us hints.... it would make a lot of people happy. There's no point in speculating when you don't have to. @halimali1980
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Don't you think if they gave us hints.... it would make a lot of people happy. There's no point in speculating when you don't have to. @halimali1980

I agree but what will make people happier is giving them the packs they want.
    Sometimes hinting might cause disappointment specially if the pack is not something you really want.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

And more than hints I would love if they did the same thing as they used to do with Sims 2 where they gave a small leaflet about the next pack with a bit of info. That is more exciting than endless hinting and speculating.

Today they can do the same with every new pack released, but I guess EA has changed their policies.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Very good points! @halimali1980.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Very good points! @halimali1980.

Thank you :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    Hopefully they're currently working on a patch with toddlers (which could possibly be the reason the March patch is so late), but I don't wanna get my hopes too high only to be disappointed in the end.

lol it would fit with the spring theme.
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member

People speculate without hints anyway, and to tell you the truth people are frustrated that is why they speculate. Its like a release valve :D Now if there is a hint to speculate about, then it will me more excitement that frustration and that to me is a positive point in the right direction.
  • Options

People speculate without hints anyway, and to tell you the truth people are frustrated that is why they speculate. Its like a release valve :D Now if there is a hint to speculate about, then it will me more excitement that frustration and that to me is a positive point in the right direction.

I totally agree with what you're saying. I think having that hint would turn the speculation in the right direction.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    I think telling us what is not coming is really important. Like if there aren't going to be toddlers, just let us know so then there isn't disappointment when the packs are released.
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/