Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    iMickeyNikkiiMickeyNikki Posts: 43 Member
    For children, i would like to see back the Imaginary Friend. Could back in a patch, like the monster under the bed.

I loved the Imaginary Friends! It was one of my favorite parts!
    My Youtube Channel youtube.com/c/yohosimmer
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Paddling pools and sandpits.

In fact, it would be nice if our 'pool's could be waded in.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    sacramurdasacramurda Posts: 8 New Member
    For the toddlers, I would love to see more hair and clothing options, maybe some different traits and aspirations for the children. And Baby pools! Everyone else gets to swim, why not the toddlers? They should be able to enjoy the water too. And I love the sandpit/sandbox idea! Oh please!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I don't know if it's already been mention, but I'd like to see parents & toddlers from other households show up at community lots more often. I've seen random unaccompanied tots around town, but never with their parents. They could even add a toddler related lot trait or tie it in with toddler objects on the lot, so they're just showing up to toddler friendly lots like parks & restaurants, & not places like nightclubs.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    This may sound weird but I feel like toddlers got less adorable/cute since the last game. Maybe it is the tantrums haha but can't put my dinger on why. Might also be because they seem older/taller than before.
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    For children, i would like to see back the Imaginary Friend. Could back in a patch, like the monster under the bed.

I loved the Imaginary Friends! It was one of my favorite parts!

I loved it to.

It was a expansion pack feature so might not ever come in a patch but maybe a pack
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > I want toddlers integrated into past packs...
    >
    > 1. Option to sleep in tent with Outdoor Retreat
    > 2. Toddler Mannequin added to Get to Work
    > 3. Option to create clubs with toddlers with Get Together... why cant I have a toddler play group
    > 4. I need toddlers to be able to eat out at Restaurants they're part of the family unlike those bassinets

Toddler play groups will be a part of the new Toddler Stuff Pack!!
    Sadly that is just a event that is set up like a party and wont happen by itself. I want to be able to set up play groups that also happen in the park while I'm not actively playing them as of now no toddlers show up in the park unless I make it happen.

I miss story progression we had in 3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    I miss strollers from ts3 generations, they were cute. I think toddlers and their families should also show up to more community lots. They also could add more outside toys like a swing set kids and toddlers could use. The baby pool idea would be great!
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I think it would be nice if they could attend daycare like children/teens can attend school or something.. it wouldn't have to be daily thing maybe optional? maybe a university EP could add this.
  • Options
    angelw744angelw744 Posts: 19 Member
    I think the toddlers in the sims 4 are the best yet ! But I would love to see the imaginary friends return, the strollers and the walkers and playpen from aurora skies, I'd also love to see a 'play dress up' element similar to the ts3 generations with the chest with kids costumes but for toddlers. There's so much more potential with them, I'd love to see more
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I really would love to see a school pack with preschool for toddlers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    edited December 2017
    Scobre wrote: »
    I really would love to see a school pack with preschool for toddlers.

Or instead, a super fun daycare for your little ones! Idc which ever one is fine
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I think Toddlers should be allowed to sleep with their Mothers and Fathers if they get scared or are sad or angry, also, this should let them enjoy the benefit of Energy 10 beds, even CC Toddler beds are only energy 1, which is annoying because it takes so long, even if we had Energy 2 Toddler beds, or something, I mean, Energy 4-5 would be good but if we cant have that high or Energy 10, then a more expensive deluxe bed with Energy 2 or higher, like the princess Cordelia single but for toddlers or something, would be really good, it maybe should cost like $1000 so very high compared to the others.
  • Options
    futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    I would love strollers and imaginary friends. Also, having to teach them how to walk instead of just learning when they age up.
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I would love to see a new lot trait that was "family friendly" or "toddler friendly" so when your sim went to a lot, for example a park, you would see families with their children of different ages there. I don't like that you don't see families with toddlers at parks. I also agree, strollers would be a welcomed addition to game. I would like to see a family member pushing their toddler down the street just as much as I would like to see a person walking their dog down the street in any neighborhood.
  • Options
    Slug7447Slug7447 Posts: 70 Member
    Maybe have more cas items
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I think that there should be two things: a Pram (Perambulator) for Babies so they can travel and travel properly, this would work by possibly having the parent toss the baby in the air and then it would appear in the pram. There could be two styles, a more modern one and a Victorian/old style one. A stroller would be good for Toddlers, where they sit in with a restraint there too, this would be more realistic, especially for "Younger" Toddlers (Less Skills).

I also think having traits similar to Reward traits would be good, where you can give a Toddler more specific traits as they grow up, you could choose from around 10+ and they could be brought by using points that would be earned when your Toddlers gain skill levels.

The new Toddler Bed is good, and I would love 1 or two more, I'm happy to pay good money for more Toddler stuff. The Toddler's are some of the best things in The Sims 4 to me.

The Toddlers could have 5 more hairstyles. The Toddlers could also have a few more tops and bottoms.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I want the ability for toddlers to go in the pools (with a teen+) and also little toddler pools would be great.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Matthewsims123Matthewsims123 Posts: 37 Member
    Toddlers all look the same and so do kids!
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    I think Toddlers should be allowed to sleep with their Mothers and Fathers if they get scared or are sad or angry, also, this should let them enjoy the benefit of Energy 10 beds, even CC Toddler beds are only energy 1, which is annoying because it takes so long, even if we had Energy 2 Toddler beds, or something, I mean, Energy 4-5 would be good but if we cant have that high or Energy 10, then a more expensive deluxe bed with Energy 2 or higher, like the princess Cordelia single but for toddlers or something, would be really good, it maybe should cost like $1000 so very high compared to the others.

The time it takes toddlers to gather energy to wake up is one of the few things I'm actually happy about. Haha.
  • Options
    pkstracypkstracy Posts: 12 New Member
    How about sandboxes they can play in, build a sandcastle and such, swing sets they can sit in and swing and mom and dad push them, how about, like the go to work, we have a go to school, where you go with the child to school and do tasks like the adults do at go to work,
  • Options
    Hippie_simHippie_sim Posts: 1 New Member
    I think we need more jobs like teacher, dancer, actor, pilot etc... Also we need to bring university’s back. Also the sims 3 had cars, the sims 4 needs cars too. There can be cheaper cars like a Toyota Prius and then more luxury cars like Mercedes. Also we need burglars and firefighters with burglar alarms, we need more clothes and makeup plus nails
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    It's probably already been done, but what about a 'paint the walls' option for toddlers?
  • Options
    Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    They should make toddlers crawl before they walk like they did in the sims 3 caus they go straight from babies to walking takes the fun out of having to tech them
  • Options
    Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    I love the sims 4 but i dont love the babies that was one of my favourite parts of the game in sims 3 and now you cant even see if you baby is upset or s hungry or need attention it just like having a pet you cant select it to see whats wrong you have to just keep trying stuff till it works and there stuck constantly in the bassinet and its lame

wouldn't it be amazing if the sims team made an expansion or game pack for babies with different activities to do with your little one
    like scans for your pregnant sim, check ups at your doctor or call out from the midwife to check on the babies if that was easier to make happen, prams so you could take your babies with you, the option to take them out of their bassinets and put them were ever like you could in sims 3, some new items like clothes for your baby and furniture like cribs and prams change tables baby rockers also a new interactive career like daycare with babies involved too