Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    SonorousSonorous Posts: 12 New Member
    I love... love... love toddlers, but I have a couple ideas:
    - Strollers: I would love to have strollers, especially double and triple strollers, so I can take my triplets everywhere without having to wait for them.
    - Toddlers can also sleep in normal beds.
    - For get to work I would love to have a toddler mannequin and a toddler who can pose for pics.
    - I would love it if toddlers could draw and sing.
    - It would be nice for toddlers to swim, maybe with a season expansion pack?
    - Bed wetting.
    - Toddlers can refuse to go to bed.
    Thanks so much for adding toddlers!
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Bed Wetting is great. Draw as well. On walls and the floor, and the Parents would have to clean that of!
    I would like it if they could sleep between the Parents in the double bed and therefore feel a bit more secure after a Nightmare.
    As well in a single bed along with a Sibling.
    Parents and Siblings would not sleep as good as if the Toddler wasnt there, while the toddler feels protected.
  • Options
    CrazyGurlCrazyGurl Posts: 81 Member
    Now that we got toddlers, why not a young child and preteen life stage? I want a young child life stage (5-7). A young child is taller than a toddler but shorter than a child. They are closer in height to children. The average young child is medium height (between toddler and child, more likely), torso isa bit longer, their body is shaped like a rectangle, arms and legs are longer (biceps are thin but a bit muscly since arms have little less fat and legs resemble a stick), chest is flat like a pancake, front part of the forearms are widened out a bit, and a young child's physique is different from a toddler and a child. I want young children so badly!

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruSarah
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Have toddlers be able to claim a bed. So when they go to bed or a sim puts them to bed... They will go into the right room/bed.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    babies should not be chained to the crib . and I wish toddlers could not get sleepy so fast .
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Bed Wetting is great. Draw as well. On walls and the floor, and the Parents would have to clean that of!
    I would like it if they could sleep between the Parents in the double bed and therefore feel a bit more secure after a Nightmare.
    As well in a single bed along with a Sibling.
    Parents and Siblings would not sleep as good as if the Toddler wasnt there, while the toddler feels protected.

Yes! They should be able to crawl in bed with a parent! Idk if they'd be able to do it in a single bed but they could do it with siblings in a double as well. Also, I read there was potential for us to get cuddling in the bed romantic interactions for Valentine's Day, so maybe a parent or sibling could cuddle in a bed with a toddler as well? I don't think they'd think of that but it's a thought that they could think about haha.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    babies should not be chained to the crib . and I wish toddlers could not get sleepy so fast .

Yeah it stinks, probably quite accurate though that they have to take a nap during the day.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, babies being so uninteractable was what people complained about and also the reason we finally got toddlers.

Still, bed wetting and graffiti would be cool.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well, babies being so uninteractable was what people complained about and also the reason we finally got toddlers.

Still, that doesn´t mean we cannot get better babys now, does it? I mean, it should be quite clear by now that its not only a sad minority who cares for family play. And I wouldn´t mind to pay for better babys at all.

I´d also love singing, bed wetting, swimming and drawing for toddlers.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    KevaLillyKevaLilly Posts: 108 Member
    I absolutely agree on the swimming. I'd love if they could come out with little floaty toys or inner tubes so the toddlers can float/swim in a pool. I can see some restrictions working with this, like the toddler can only swim if an adult is nearby, and the adult can teach them little swim tricks like kicking. At the very least, maybe they could release a kiddie pool just for toddlers. I think that would be adorable too!

Drawling and bedwetting are both good and realistic ideas too.
    My Story Site! - Featuring my Sims 4 series, Dawning of The Drensker, as well as other stories and treats!

My YouTube Channel

My Twitter Page
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    it would be cool seeing the toddlers try to blow bubbles with the bubbles we got in city living and that dineout could have a kids menu added. also halloween costumes. more hair and clothing. maybe a bear costume with the racoon one
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    xiaopoohxiaopooh Posts: 1 New Member
    I wish we could take Toddlers out to restaurants! Imagine something like Maccas playgrounds for kids.. hmm maybe some interactions between the staffs and toddlers?!! I could definitely see this happening!!
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited February 2017
    @xiaopooh You can actually take toddlers to restaurants. It's a bit tricky though, since they need a high chair. But if you just drag the food over to their high chair, they can eat with the rest of the family. I do wish this got more support though. I hope in the future they allow toddlers to receive food in their high chair. Even better there could be an option to add a booster seat so they could just sit in a regular chair and eat.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I think Better Babies is something that we should tone down personally, I wouldn't mind 2-6 new interactions with babies though, like toddlers being mean to the baby, or loving, there should also be a radius where if the Sims are say with in 5 squares either way then they can play with baby and sit with it, but they put the baby back in crib after they have finished interacting with it.
  • Options
    chrgrlhtelchrgrlhtel Posts: 4 New Member
    I wish toddlers could sleep in their parent's bed sometimes. Like, still have the toddler bed, but also have the option to snuggle up with mom/dad at night.

I guess this would only work with single parents, though.
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by BooV7227 on
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    edited February 2017
    I posted this on another thread but here it is

Toddlers should be able to go swimming as long as they have floaties, but the parents should teach them how to swim, but be careful, toddlers get fatigued after 3 sim hours in the water, you will notice them leave with an uncancelable action, also, if you put a wall around the pool, to try to drown the toddler, he/she will teleport out of the pool.

Toddlers could go to restraunts and tantrum and misbehave until parents teach them to behave, Angelic toddlers Tantrum and misbehave less often and are easier to train whilst fussy Toddlers are harder to train and misbehave more often. Misbehaviour includes, not being patient for food, being rude to the waiter, Tantrems and throwing food around, if it gets another Sim that sim will get a little tense. Misbehaving Toddlers can get scolded by a parent, or adult in charge, it will go under learning, not mean, then the toddler can say sorry and give the adult a hug.

Waiters should serve toddlers meals that 2-5 year olds eat, toddlers can choose when asked, a pop up appears for you to pick out of 3-5 meal choices, then, a few sim minutes later the waiter appears and gives them food, Toddlers, Children and Elders always get served first before Teens, Young Adults and Adults.

Toddlers can misbehave at home, misbehaviour includes not wanting to go to bed, demanding things, going out in cold without layers of clothes(seasons) and being mean to adults (includes YA, Adult, Elder) and other toddlers and Children and Teens. Also Babies with a new mean interaction for toddlers.
    Punishment (initiated by player) can include, naughty step where the kid goes to timeout for 30 sim minutes and then apologises, no Freezer Bunny Tablet for 1 sim day, no play dates for 2 sim days.

Parents can schedule a play date or group of either two parents and there respective Toddlers, or 3-4 parents with their toddlers, the Toddlers can play, be mean etc. and the parents can chat over coffee whilst watching the Toddlers. These Play dates can be scheduled for a certain day and time, it can also be the same each week and parents can take in turns hosting, some people may not come some weeks.

Parents can reward their Toddlers by giving them hugs, a new toy, or treats.

New Toddler beds based on the fancy expensive bed, a toddler kitchen.

Toddlers can run a lemonade stand with a Child or Teen, Sims from around the worlds will come and buy some lemonade, they can tell your sims whether it tastes good, if people don't like the lemonade the toddler can get sad and cry a little, having a toddler to help makes more people come, and puts the price up from $2 for a cup of lemonade to $2.20.

Toddlers can have Piggy Banks, which can come in 3 styles, the Toddlers can store their own money in them away from the household kit, Parents can then go with their toddler to a store that has toys, etc. with GTW, otherwise the toddler goes to an offscreen lolly shop, and buys a couple of sweets. With GTW, stores can sell lollies.

In a pack you could make lollies and if you have GTW sell them, Toddlers can help with the making of lollies and watch.

Toddlers should be able to help the parents cook by getting veggies out, once the parent cuts them, the toddler can put the veggies in a put on the counter, then the Toddler watches as the parent does the rest.

What do you think.
  • Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    definitely need more hairstyles for girls and possibly perched ears too. I like the idea of a chose or favorite toy, and there should be more playing interactions from parents besides just. "play"
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I would really love a stroller for them so when they are tired they can take a nap, and I think It would be great for new babies too so you can take them places:)) and it would be cool to have some kind of inventory diaper bag where you can bring all their important things like food and ect.:)))
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    More hairstyles and clothes are definitely needed.
    For instance, hairstyles like these:
    78d576471daa81c3fe56567e6628419e.jpg
    93991d998e8b6315c5e1454db1250fa6.jpg
    toddler_01_930x525.jpg
    Also hair with bows or headbands.

As for clothes, I'd like footie pajamas without hoods, polo shirts, and more everyday dresses.
  • Options
    angierlevelangierlevel Posts: 28 New Member
    If they don't give use kiddie pools, they should make it where toddlers can play in the fountains. Kind of like the kiddie pools at water parks, or they can give use both and patch in the fountains. I have a lot more ideas but I can't think of anymore at this moment.
  • Options
    angierlevelangierlevel Posts: 28 New Member
    Lol I meant us not use
  • Options
    JoovanaJoovana Posts: 60 Member
    Wow you have great ideas, hopefully many of these they put into the game!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Can there be such a thing as toddler-specific pets? Or something that Toddlers could try out their pet-training skills on.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.