The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    An important thing to note here is that this thread has only been up for a little over a month. All these GREAT and totally AWESOME ideas will take time for the game creators to implement in any game play. So, there will be some stuff packs, etc inbetween now and the release of Toddlers (which I will assume will be an expansion--not a stuff pack since it'll be a lot of software to download). So please fellow simmers, do not give up hope! For if hope is lost, so is all simanity! :D
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,445 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    The toddlers might come this Thursday the hope is so strong because in the trailer for the Children's Stuff Pack they can play with monsters under the bed :bawling::love:

Yes Children, not toddlers. Why do you keep doing this to yourself? You think I'm being rude to you, but I just don't wanna see you disappointed because you're one the most positive people on here :(

Thank you so much. I don't know really. It's the fact that the game I use to love a lot, no longer carries the feature I loved the most about gameplay. I'll just try to bury that hope & thought.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I just realized something in the Spring/Summer teaser: The kid was talking to the creature under the bed!!! @Scobre the idea of a monster imaginary friend may not be too far off if this actually happens! :open_mouth:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The toddlers might come this Thursday the hope is so strong because in the trailer for the Children's Stuff Pack they can play with monsters under the bed :bawling::love:

Yes Children, not toddlers. Why do you keep doing this to yourself? You think I'm being rude to you, but I just don't wanna see you disappointed because you're one the most positive people on here :(

Thank you so much. I don't know really. It's the fact that the game I use to love a lot, no longer carries the feature I loved the most about gameplay. I'll just try to bury that hope & thought.

Don't bury it, be careful with it. You can still hope for toddlers. That's what this thread is for! @SimGuruDrake wouldn't have sticked this thread if toddlers weren't coming right? o:)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    rachluvsdaverachluvsdave Posts: 80 Member
    The sneak peak of the children stuff pack doesn't show much at all. They could be hiding the toddler stuff included? If they love the fans at all there will be a patch including toddlers just before they release the children stuff pack. Still hoping!
  • Options
    The sneak peak of the children stuff pack doesn't show much at all. They could be hiding the toddler stuff included? If they love the fans at all there will be a patch including toddlers just before they release the children stuff pack. Still hoping!

SimGuruDrake already confirmed that there is nothing to say about toddlers at this time.

• Options
    Rebeccaliam1974Rebeccaliam1974 Posts: 162 Member

Don't bury it, be careful with it. You can still hope for toddlers. That's what this thread is for! @SimGuruDrake wouldn't have sticked this thread if toddlers weren't coming right? o:)

I Feel Like Toddlers Might be Coming However EA Would of Put them in the Sims 4 Base Game as a Usual Life Stage, However! Thats not what Were Talking about! Were talking about Actually Having Toddlers in a Expansion or Game Pack! I Would really like too see EA At least make a Family Expansion Pack! I Know i lot of People want toddlers! this thread has been going on for quiet a while Now and hopefully! *Fingers Crossed* a Sim Guru will Finally look at all of the People's requests (Including Me) And might start working on toddlers! ;)
    s170oi.jpg
  • Options
    rachluvsdaverachluvsdave Posts: 80 Member
    @AquaSimmer1212 You're right but the children stuff pack doesn't come out until summer and we usually get a patch every month so maybe they're planning to patch in toddlers during the summer before the stuff pack is released. I'm normally a pessimist but I'm choosing to hold on to hope.
  • Options
    @AquaSimmer1212 You're right but the children stuff pack doesn't come out until summer and we usually get a patch every month so maybe they're planning to patch in toddlers during the summer before the stuff pack is released. I'm normally a pessimist but I'm choosing to hold on to hope.

They wouldn't patch in toddlers before a stuff pack....

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited April 2016

You are only setting yourself up to be disappointed. The world is FULL of disappointments around every corner. There is no need to set yourself up when just walking out your front door has that potential.

I really do not think toddlers will be patched in. It does involve a lot of work to create things for a game and the more in depth it is the more people and work will be needed. Watching my daughter learn animation has shown me it isn't something that can be done quickly. Granted this was a high school class, but still. It took her class week to be able to move a finger!!!! By the end of the semester they made the hand wave. There are people on here who think they just start a new SP, GP, or EP after the release of whatever was last. I seriously doubt it. My daughter learned in her class that it can take between one year to three years to complete some game. We don't know how long TS4 was in development before it was released. The GP, SP and EP were more than likely already in the works before the base game was released. If I recall correctly toddlers WERE going t be in the base game but they were having difficulties and had to pull them out. At least that is what I remember EA said. EA for the most part have to stick with what they agreed with the investor's. (Investors can pull out and take their funding with them.) They have to pay investors back and pay a staff to create the toddlers. It isn't like they can take money from a completely different game and dump it into another. I am not trying to put you or anyone else down who feels toddlers should or are hopeful that toddles will be released in a patch. There is nothing wrong with being hopeful but it can be damaging to a person to be too hopeful. I just don't see it happening for the reasons I have stated. If they do patch them I will happily eat my words but I am not counting on it.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    debraactsdebraacts Posts: 35 Member
    I never had S1 or S2, just S3 and SFP. I was all set to purchase S4 until I found out that there were no toddlers in it. So I'm back to playing with S3 and SFP. One of the things that I miss in S3 is that the toddlers don't really have fits. I did find it happen a couple of times by accident - once when the toddler's parents divorced and the toddler refused to sit on the potty to be potty trained but instead dirtied his diaper, and once when I tried to feed a toddler in the high chair and he really wasn't hungry enough but decided to throw his food all over the chair. I would like to see more of this kind of behavior in the S4 toddlers. In S3, also, when you let the toddler ride the little spring rides (the pirate ship, the rocket, etc.) occasionally the toddler will shakes its head and pout when the parent points to its watch and says its time to quit riding. So in S4, maybe when the parent says its time to go home, the toddler throws a fit, laying on the ground kicking and screaming. Or the toddler goes in the bathroom and unrolls the toilet paper all over the bathroom or flushes his favorite toy down the toilet (now parent has to calm screaming toddler and unstop the toilet and clean the toy before giving it back to toddler to make it happy again.) Or toddler climbs on the couch and throws all the pillows off onto the floor and then falls asleep on the couch, or on the pillows on the floor.

Meanwhile, I'll save my money and buy S4 when the toddlers come out.
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I do have one more idea for toddlers, and that is a toddler size basketball hoop and ball.
  • Options
    PandaSpiritPandaSpirit Posts: 127 Member
    Has anyone else noticed that this thread is no longer stickied?
    445.png
    The best time to wear a striped sweater, is all the time.
    One with a collar turtle neck!!! That's the kind!!
  • Options

On my computer It's still stickied even when I refreshed.
  • Options
    It is for me still.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    PandaSpiritPandaSpirit Posts: 127 Member

On my computer It's still stickied even when I refreshed.

Yeah I just noticed. My webpage was glitched, a refresh fixed it. Odd lol.
    445.png
    The best time to wear a striped sweater, is all the time.
    One with a collar turtle neck!!! That's the kind!!
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    @BethanyXX I could not second this more, I also feel like I am forcing a playstyle that just is not in this game. My only small amount of hope is that the next EP is generations with toddlers and that is why they are giving us a kids stuff pack to help flush out the generations EP... But my glass half empty perspective says "oh they want more family play so lets just give them some kids stuff and call it good" next EP Get to Rave!
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    @poppykoke I love the twin powers idea! Like twins have a special bond over all other family members and maybe get a positive moodlet when they are around each other. Maybe they can also talk "in secret language " as an option. When they are adults and live away from said twin maybe they could get a moodlet that negivivly affects them and they need to call or visit their twin and check in!
  • Options
    KuffiKuffi Posts: 170 Member

Do you need a hug, mate?
  • Options
    curlhappycurlhappy Posts: 93 Member
    If they did toddlers wouldn't it be hilariously cute if they could level up on mischief by grabbing a camera off an accent table or coffee table and take a bunch of awkward selfies and candids of everyone?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I just realized something in the Spring/Summer teaser: The kid was talking to the creature under the bed!!! @Scobre the idea of a monster imaginary friend may not be too far off if this actually happens! :open_mouth:
    Oh that would be cool if it happened. I guess I should actually read what today's announcement was on.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Grab the phone and dial China or the cops. My daughter has done both just by pushing a bunch of numbers. Nothing like 5 cop cars showing up at your house because dispatch didn't believe you when you explained the situation to them.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Grab the phone and dial China or the cops. My daughter has done both just by pushing a bunch of numbers. Nothing like 5 cop cars showing up at your house because dispatch didn't believe you when you explained the situation to them.

lol that would be awesome if we had that happen in the sims 4 :joy:
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    KeytaLynnKeytaLynn Posts: 6 New Member
    So after seeing the new video I'm a tiny bit hopeful that toddlers will be patched in this year. I honestly don't really care about restaurants, but a kids pack is a step in the right direction. I will be crossing my fingers that they will patch toddlers before that releases, but it seems like they may also just be throwing the family players a bone so they can go back to making unnecessary party packs for adults. I really hope that if they do an expansion pack this year it's generations. Really, it's all I want for the game at this point. And is anyone else a little irked that after months of radio silence we only got a 15 second clip that showed only a sliver of content? I'm just getting very frustrated at this point. :/
  • Options
    Kuffi wrote: »

Do you need a hug, mate?

yes, I do. I need a toddler hug.