Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Clubs not performing activities remains. :'(

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Try testing in a fresh new save game and see if this occurs there also.
  • Options
    ChizzyyChizzyy Posts: 2 New Member
    I was playing the sims one day and I was saying to myself ''where is the kids cat bed that came with cats and dogs'' I wondered this because I was making a cat inspired bedroom and it would have been cute. so I looked in the bed section: NO CATS AND DOGS BEDS FROM THE EXPANSION PACK TO BE FOUND! I even filtered comfort by cats and dogs, NOT THERE! I do have the expansion pack fully installed. Everything else from the pack works, its just the beds that are not showing up. I moved into one of the cats and dogs houses that are already in brindleton bay and the beds are there perfectly fine. The problem is that I tried to use the eyedropper pen on the beds so I kept clicking the bed but nothing happened. ITS LIKE THE BEDS ARENT IN THE CATALOG. Can someone please help me!?
  • Options
    baconlover12185baconlover12185 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello there! I came across a problem that began after the August 16 patch. The problem I'm having is that when i open the Sims 4, it closes the window within a few seconds. Any tips?
  • Options
    Chizzyy wrote: »
    I was playing the sims one day and I was saying to myself ''where is the kids cat bed that came with cats and dogs'' I wondered this because I was making a cat inspired bedroom and it would have been cute. so I looked in the bed section: NO CATS AND DOGS BEDS FROM THE EXPANSION PACK TO BE FOUND! I even filtered comfort by cats and dogs, NOT THERE! I do have the expansion pack fully installed. Everything else from the pack works, its just the beds that are not showing up. I moved into one of the cats and dogs houses that are already in brindleton bay and the beds are there perfectly fine. The problem is that I tried to use the eyedropper pen on the beds so I kept clicking the bed but nothing happened. ITS LIKE THE BEDS ARENT IN THE CATALOG. Can someone please help me!?

Hello @Chizzyy
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • Options
    Hello there! I came across a problem that began after the August 16 patch. The problem I'm having is that when i open the Sims 4, it closes the window within a few seconds. Any tips?

Hello @baconlover12185
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
  • Options
    laur1197laur1197 Posts: 3 New Member
    I was going to test the cc, but I have way too many files and not enough time. I know i have the updated UI and MCCC, but i don't have any school or career mods.. I have no idea what could be broken. Would teleport any sim or pose player affect this?
  • Options
    laur1197 wrote: »
    I was going to test the cc, but I have way too many files and not enough time. I know i have the updated UI and MCCC, but i don't have any school or career mods.. I have no idea what could be broken. Would teleport any sim or pose player affect this?

Hello @laur1197
    Try removing those two mods, and test to see if the issues remain.
    Because you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.

• Options
    WolfFlowerWolfFlower Posts: 142 Member
    Installed the new patch today that was to bring new content and I cannot find it anywhere in game. I do not have any cc or mods. Tried repairing the game and that did not help. What should I do?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    WolfFlower wrote: »
    Installed the new patch today that was to bring new content and I cannot find it anywhere in game. I do not have any cc or mods. Tried repairing the game and that did not help. What should I do?

Hello @WolfFlower
    Try searching by the names of the new items and see if you can find them then .
    Try looking in the miscellaneous section of decorations for the ceiling fan and it should be there.
    It is called Dizzy Palms Ceiling Fan.

The names of the other items are found in the slide show at the bottom of this linked article
    https://simsvip.com/2018/08/16/the-sims-4-new-free-content-added-to-the-game-overview/
  • Options
    PrecureeePrecureee Posts: 1 New Member
    I also updated my game but can't find the items anywhere......
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Precureee wrote: »
    I also updated my game but can't find the items anywhere......

Hello @Precureee
    Try doing what I suggested in the above post and see if you can find them then. Try using the search bar and searching using the names of the items.
  • Options
    JoseyCruzJoseyCruz Posts: 2 New Member
    This past update has done a lot to harm my game. Wednesday the 15th my game was working just fine, and then yesterday as it updated I loaded it up and it worked fine so I enabled my Mods like I always do when there’s a new update. After that every time I tried to open up the game it crashes on the sims 4 loading screen. I don’t really know what else to do. I have repaired the game multiple times. Removed my cc. I even uninstalled my game and reinstalled it and nothing has changed. I even decided that I wouldn’t put laundry day in this time because I assumed it was messing up because of it. I just don’t know what else to do with my game.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    JoseyCruz wrote: »
    This past update has done a lot to harm my game. Wednesday the 15th my game was working just fine, and then yesterday as it updated I loaded it up and it worked fine so I enabled my Mods like I always do when there’s a new update. After that every time I tried to open up the game it crashes on the sims 4 loading screen. I don’t really know what else to do. I have repaired the game multiple times. Removed my cc. I even uninstalled my game and reinstalled it and nothing has changed. I even decided that I wouldn’t put laundry day in this time because I assumed it was messing up because of it. I just don’t know what else to do with my game.

Hello @JoseyCruz
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

If the issues remain, try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
  • Options
    irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member

updates can render a mod useless or actively harmful to the newly patched game. after you move your mod folder and do what you need to do to get the game running again, check the sites you found the mods on for updates. it could take a few days for some mods, it really depends.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    in case anyone is interested, I have found mods that broke with the most recent patch: Road to Fame mod and Extreme Violence mod. these are causing the game to crash at start up.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    Reitanna wrote: »
    in case anyone is interested, I have found mods that broke with the most recent patch: Road to Fame mod and Extreme Violence mod. these are causing the game to crash at start up.

Hello
    It is helpful to know which mods have been causing issues in your game since the patch.
  • Options
    JoseyCruzJoseyCruz Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16682795"][quote="JoseyCruz;c-16682785"]This past update has done a lot to harm my game. Wednesday the 15th my game was working just fine, and then yesterday as it updated I loaded it up and it worked fine so I enabled my Mods like I always do when there’s a new update. After that every time I tried to open up the game it crashes on the sims 4 loading screen. I don’t really know what else to do. I have repaired the game multiple times. Removed my cc. I even uninstalled my game and reinstalled it and nothing has changed. I even decided that I wouldn’t put laundry day in this time because I assumed it was messing up because of it. I just don’t know what else to do with my game.[/quote]

Hello @JoseyCruz
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

If the issues remain, try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game[/quote]

I tried that and it worked until I reached on of the merge package files so I went through and removed all the cc that the mod conflict detector said was conflicting with the game and it still does not work. I’ve been trying all day to figure this all out. I don’t have any mods just cc.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @JoseyCruz

If the issues remain, try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

I tried that and it worked until I reached on of the merge package files so I went through and removed all the cc that the mod conflict detector said was conflicting with the game and it still does not work. I’ve been trying all day to figure this all out. I don’t have any mods just cc.

Hello @JoseyCruz
    The mod conflict detector doesn’t always pick up all broken cc/mods that you are using. Try testing all the cc in the merged package file , and see if you can find the cc causing the issue. Test the game without the files being merged.
  • Options
    A2420A2420 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know how to start a thread or whatever, but I need one of the developers to see this, as I was instructed to do this by the Live Chat Guru. In the Caribbean items patch, there is a loveseat that 2 of the color options have a triangle symbol that the FBI has identified as a symbol used by pedophiles, and this is deeply disturbing to me as this is a game that children play on, and I wanted to attach a screenshot of the loveseats that have this, but I don't know how. Look it up for yourself and say something to EA if you have a more direct way to inform them.
  • Options
    A2420 wrote: »
    I don't know how to start a thread or whatever, but I need one of the developers to see this, as I was instructed to do this by the Live Chat Guru. In the Caribbean items patch, there is a loveseat that 2 of the color options have a triangle symbol that the FBI has identified as a symbol used by pedophiles, and this is deeply disturbing to me as this is a game that children play on, and I wanted to attach a screenshot of the loveseats that have this, but I don't know how. Look it up for yourself and say something to EA if you have a more direct way to inform them.

Hello @A2420
    It would be best to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post about it there. The link to this is.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    You can post screenshots there.
  • Options
    Camelia25Camelia25 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I hope someone can help me. I was playing The Sims 4 on my Windows 10 PC. I have Cats and Dogs installed and my sim was interacting with her dog. When she was starting the ,,What's wrong" interaction because the dog was uncomfortable the game froze. I tried using alt+enter to exit but it didn't work, nor did alt+tab. I tried closing my PC and opening it up again but the game still is on the screen, frozen. How can I exit the game? I regret putting it on fullscreen now :'(
  • Options
    Camelia25 wrote: »
    Hi! I hope someone can help me. I was playing The Sims 4 on my Windows 10 PC. I have Cats and Dogs installed and my sim was interacting with her dog. When she was starting the ,,What's wrong" interaction because the dog was uncomfortable the game froze. I tried using alt+enter to exit but it didn't work, nor did alt+tab. I tried closing my PC and opening it up again but the game still is on the screen, frozen. How can I exit the game? I regret putting it on fullscreen now :'(

Hello @Camelia25
    Try opening up Task Manager and closing the Sims 4 game that way.
  • Options
    ThatGuyTheyCallAlexThatGuyTheyCallAlex Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know how I can fix the issue with my cat being permanently scared after being given a wellness treat? EA support blamed it on mods, which is wrong, becuase I removed mods and it still occurs.

I've tried resetting, debugging and repairing the game. I know the cat is scared of 2 things but they are fixed by turning the item off (the televison and stereo) but when I ask "What's wrong?" the cat shows "Lampshade man" (an image of a man with a lampshade on his head) and I get a notification about how the cta is scared and needs to calm down...

The constant meowing is getting annoying, and I almost put her up for adoption but I couldn't bring myself to do it :'(
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Since they disabled the cheat to remove the moodlet, I don't think there's a solution without mods to solve it.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial