Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• PerfectSorrowPerfectSorrow Posts: 58 Member
    Hi so I’ve been noticing the last few days, the plates and cups never empty...the sims will just keep drinking and eating and it ever empties then if you aren’t watching the food will spoil and they get sick. Anyone else noticing this?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hi so I’ve been noticing the last few days, the plates and cups never empty...the sims will just keep drinking and eating and it ever empties then if you aren’t watching the food will spoil and they get sick. Anyone else noticing this?

Hello @PerfectSorrow
    It is not happening in my game.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • honeybcbyhoneybcby Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > honeybcby wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I couldn't find if there was already a thread about this issue with Sims 4 Seasons but my sims seem to always be on holiday and won't go to work! The work tab will say that they will have work in [x]hours and then suddenly say they are on holiday even though there is no holiday planned on the calendar?? Is there a way to fix it? None of my sims have been able to go to work all winter and I really don't know how to fix this lmao. I tried repairing the game but it's not doing anything :C
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @honeybcby
    > This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue.
    > https: //answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-WORKAROUND-S-Work-Day-turns-into-Holiday-on-it-s-own/m-p/6883188#M64549
    > The only workaround for the issue at the moment is to temporarily disable Seasons then re enable it. There are instructions in the second post of the thread .
    > https: //answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-WORKAROUND-S-Work-Day-turns-into-Holiday-on-it-s-own/m-p/6884980/highlight/true#M64775
    > You will lose though any seasons items that you have placed in the builds.

Hi! I forgot to thank you, that worked wonderfully! The only issue is that now, all the townies are naked during winter because the season pack has been disabled so their winter outfits disappeared too lmaoo is there a way to fix it without needing me to modify them on CAS?
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @PerfectSorrow
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

No cc but I will try the cache! TYVM :) you rock as always
    honeybcby wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > honeybcby wrote: »
    >
    > Hi, I couldn't find if there was already a thread about this issue with Sims 4 Seasons but my sims seem to always be on holiday and won't go to work! The work tab will say that they will have work in [x]hours and then suddenly say they are on holiday even though there is no holiday planned on the calendar?? Is there a way to fix it? None of my sims have been able to go to work all winter and I really don't know how to fix this lmao. I tried repairing the game but it's not doing anything :C
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @honeybcby
    > This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue.
    > https: //answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-WORKAROUND-S-Work-Day-turns-into-Holiday-on-it-s-own/m-p/6883188#M64549
    > The only workaround for the issue at the moment is to temporarily disable Seasons then re enable it. There are instructions in the second post of the thread .
    > https: //answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-WORKAROUND-S-Work-Day-turns-into-Holiday-on-it-s-own/m-p/6884980/highlight/true#M64775
    > You will lose though any seasons items that you have placed in the builds.

Hi! I forgot to thank you, that worked wonderfully! The only issue is that now, all the townies are naked during winter because the season pack has been disabled so their winter outfits disappeared too lmaoo is there a way to fix it without needing me to modify them on CAS?

Hello @honeybcby
    The game should be generating cold and hot weather outfits for the sims. You may need to modify the outfits of the townies that were there when you needed to disable temporarily the pack, then test to see if new townies have hot and cold wear outfits.

Hello @PerfectSorrow

No cc but I will try the cache! TYVM :) you rock as always

You’re welcome :)
  • RahzzelRahzzel Posts: 4 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you for all the suggestions, but sadly, none of them worked. I thought I had it with the last one as the problem sounded like what I was dealing with. I disabled the notification bubble and loaded a new game, but the issue still persists. Will I lose my saves and content if I uninstall? I don't have an external hard drive to do the backup option.
    Rahzzel wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you for all the suggestions, but sadly, none of them worked. I thought I had it with the last one as the problem sounded like what I was dealing with. I disabled the notification bubble and loaded a new game, but the issue still persists. Will I lose my saves and content if I uninstall? I don't have an external hard drive to do the backup option.

Hello @Rahzzel
    I am sorry that you are still having this issue :(
    Try seeing if switching between windowed and full screen mode may help

If you do decide to uninstall /reinstall the game, you won’t lose your saved or library creations etc. It is always best though to make a backup copy of your Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder beforehand as a safeguard. You can save the back up copy to another area in your computer. It doesn’t have to be saved to an external drive
  • MillieriversMillierivers Posts: 2 New Member
    hi, i have downloaded some cc eyes and they are right at the bottom of the face makeup section in create a sim so i am unable to see all of the colour options. Is there a way i can fix this or even get all of my custom content to go to the top of the section?
  • irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    hi, i have downloaded some cc eyes and they are right at the bottom of the face makeup section in create a sim so i am unable to see all of the colour options. Is there a way i can fix this or even get all of my custom content to go to the top of the section?

when it comes to issues with custom content, it's best to contact the creator of the content. they would know the limitations and abilities of the content better than anyone else.

Hello @Millierivers
    Try using the side scroll button to see if can move the screen downwards. Filtering by cc content may also help.
    @Millierivers this will happen with some of the colour options even for the maxis content if playing full screen. Try switching to window view (under game options) I have found this to fix the issue. You can switch back after you are done in CAS.
    @rosemow the cache clean solved the issue! Thanks again. You really should be paid lol
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I have a past harvestfest glitch, I have ageing off so Sim is in her forth year, started in spring. I have 13 gnomes one was Christmas present first year the other 12 spawned with harvest day, 3 each year.
    This year the gnomes have glitched and do not seem to realise harvestfest has finished. There not moving about but still wearing there halos and leaving seeds.
    [img][/img]SdvCsur.png
    After cleaning up i exited game cleaned catches and performed a repair. After returning to game and selling off all the seeds had to open all 255 packets first, i realised they still had halos and where still dropping seeds, i evicted my Sim. After placing her back in her house, they still have halos and are dropping seeds. Obviously selling them would be the easiest fix but as 1 was Christmas present and 2 are good friends now, any other way to fix them.

Plainevil wrote: »
    I have a past harvestfest glitch, I have ageing off so Sim is in her forth year, started in spring. I have 13 gnomes one was Christmas present first year the other 12 spawned with harvest day, 3 each year.
    This year the gnomes have glitched and do not seem to realise harvestfest has finished. There not moving about but still wearing there halos and leaving seeds.
    [img][/img]SdvCsur.png
    After cleaning up i exited game cleaned catches and performed a repair. After returning to game and selling off all the seeds had to open all 255 packets first, i realised they still had halos and where still dropping seeds, i evicted my Sim. After placing her back in her house, they still have halos and are dropping seeds. Obviously selling them would be the easiest fix but as 1 was Christmas present and 2 are good friends now, any other way to fix them.

Hello @Plainevil
    I think that you will need to sell them. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site about the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Holiday-Gnomes-keep-spawning-seed-packets/m-p/6983079#M70861
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    [img][/img]SdvCsur.png

Hello @Plainevil
    I think that you will need to sell them. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site about the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Holiday-Gnomes-keep-spawning-seed-packets/m-p/6983079#M70861

Thank you did a search but never found that, sell it is then.
    [img][/img]SdvCsur.png

Hello @Plainevil

Thank you did a search but never found that, sell it is then.

• CharissaCCharissaC Posts: 2 New Member
    So my friends went to Wal-Mart and bought me a card for the digital download for pc of an expansion pack (I already have the base game.) I have no product code. I have searched my receipt and everything. All I have is an activation code which is not alpha numeric. What do I do with this?? I feel stupid for asking but I have tried everything I can think of and I'm lost.
    CharissaC wrote: »
    So my friends went to Wal-Mart and bought me a card for the digital download for pc of an expansion pack (I already have the base game.) I have no product code. I have searched my receipt and everything. All I have is an activation code which is not alpha numeric. What do I do with this?? I feel stupid for asking but I have tried everything I can think of and I'm lost.

Hello @CharissaC
    According to this post on the simsvip site, a code should be printed on the receipt.
    https://simsvip.com/2018/08/13/the-sims-4-new-game-cards-available-at-walmart/
    I am just checking.Did your friends give you the receipt that they were given?
    Don’t post here what the activation code is, but what does it look like?
  • CharissaCCharissaC Posts: 2 New Member
    They did give me the original receipt. It has just a regular activation code on it that is a string of numbers. I tried using that and it recognises what it is because after I click submit is shows that it is a $40 value and asks me to agree to terms. I click that and click continue and then it tells me the code is invalid. I tried reaching out to EA help but the chat wasn't working and it tells me to call but they aren't accepting calls until 9 am to 11 pm. I work second shift and don't get off until 11 so I can't do that.
    CharissaC wrote: »
    They did give me the original receipt. It has just a regular activation code on it that is a string of numbers. I tried using that and it recognises what it is because after I click submit is shows that it is a $40 value and asks me to agree to terms. I click that and click continue and then it tells me the code is invalid. I tried reaching out to EA help but the chat wasn't working and it tells me to call but they aren't accepting calls until 9 am to 11 pm. I work second shift and don't get off until 11 so I can't do that.

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( Could you be in touch with live chat at 9a,m., or are you working then ?
  • RahzzelRahzzel Posts: 4 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Rahzzel wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow Thank you for all the suggestions, but sadly, none of them worked. I thought I had it with the last one as the problem sounded like what I was dealing with. I disabled the notification bubble and loaded a new game, but the issue still persists. Will I lose my saves and content if I uninstall? I don't have an external hard drive to do the backup option.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Rahzzel
    > I am sorry that you are still having this issue :(
    > Try seeing if switching between windowed and full screen mode may help
    >
    > If you do decide to uninstall /reinstall the game, you won’t lose your saved or library creations etc. It is always best though to make a backup copy of your Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder beforehand as a safeguard. You can save the back up copy to another area in your computer. It doesn’t have to be saved to an external drive

I'll try the window trick and I'm glad I won't lose anything and I'll definitely do the back up. Thank you so much for all the help. You really dug into the nitty gritty to try to find a fix for me and I really appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be able to find a fix and if I do, I'll be sure to come back here and post it for anybody else having this issue as well. Thanks again. :smile:
    Rahzzel wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Rahzzel wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow Thank you for all the suggestions, but sadly, none of them worked. I thought I had it with the last one as the problem sounded like what I was dealing with. I disabled the notification bubble and loaded a new game, but the issue still persists. Will I lose my saves and content if I uninstall? I don't have an external hard drive to do the backup option.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Rahzzel
    > I am sorry that you are still having this issue :(
    > Try seeing if switching between windowed and full screen mode may help
    >
    > If you do decide to uninstall /reinstall the game, you won’t lose your saved or library creations etc. It is always best though to make a backup copy of your Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder beforehand as a safeguard. You can save the back up copy to another area in your computer. It doesn’t have to be saved to an external drive

I'll try the window trick and I'm glad I won't lose anything and I'll definitely do the back up. Thank you so much for all the help. You really dug into the nitty gritty to try to find a fix for me and I really appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be able to find a fix and if I do, I'll be sure to come back here and post it for anybody else having this issue as well. Thanks again. :smile:

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Clubs not performing activities remains. :'(