Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    INecariINecari Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > INecari wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > INecari wrote: »
    > >
    > > I am having a problem with my pregnant Sim. When she goes into labor, the baby never appears. The bassinet appears and the mother kind of just glitches over to the side, and the bassinet is just empty. I have tried the following:
    > > - Starting a new game
    > > - Clearing the cache
    > > - Deleting the Sims 4 folder
    > > - Repairing the Sims 4 game
    > >
    > > I do not have any mods installed, and I have not ever had any installed. It is literally a fresh install of the game.
    > > I have all the Expansions and Stuff Packs installed as well. I'm not sure what to do...
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @INecari
    > > I am sorry that you are having this issue. Is it only occurring with one particular sim or with all pregnant sims in your game? If you haven't done this already, try testing with a new sim in a new fresh save game and see if the same issue occurs.
    > > Also try placing a bassinet in the room before she gives birth , and see if the issue remains.
    >
    > I have tried starting a brand new save file, but the same issue persists even in a different world with a completely different sim. :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have Get To Work Ep, try having her go to the hospital and give birth.
    > Try doing what I suggested and place the bassinet in the room before giving birth, and see if that helps.

I have tried placing a bassinet in the room, as well as going to the hospital (joining her there), and just sending her to the hospital alone, but I'm still having the same issue. I sent a ticket in to EA and their support chat suggested I post my issue here on the forum. I'm thinking there is some kind of bug that I'm not going to be able to fix...lol
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    @rosemow I haven't tried any mods yet, so don't have that, but I have come across debug in the cheats. I'll give it a try and see how it goes, thank you.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    @rosemow I haven't tried any mods yet, so don't have that, but I have come across debug in the cheats. I'll give it a try and see how it goes, thank you.

Hello
    The debug mode cheat is to allow you to use other items that are hidden in build/buy mode in the catalogue . It reveals extra items to use. I am sorry but it won't help you with your issue :(
    You may need to wait the sims week and see if the stove will disappear on its own,
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    INecari wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > INecari wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > INecari wrote: »
    > >
    > > I am having a problem with my pregnant Sim. When she goes into labor, the baby never appears. The bassinet appears and the mother kind of just glitches over to the side, and the bassinet is just empty. I have tried the following:
    > > - Starting a new game
    > > - Clearing the cache
    > > - Deleting the Sims 4 folder
    > > - Repairing the Sims 4 game
    > >
    > > I do not have any mods installed, and I have not ever had any installed. It is literally a fresh install of the game.
    > > I have all the Expansions and Stuff Packs installed as well. I'm not sure what to do...
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @INecari
    > > I am sorry that you are having this issue. Is it only occurring with one particular sim or with all pregnant sims in your game? If you haven't done this already, try testing with a new sim in a new fresh save game and see if the same issue occurs.
    > > Also try placing a bassinet in the room before she gives birth , and see if the issue remains.
    >
    > I have tried starting a brand new save file, but the same issue persists even in a different world with a completely different sim. :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have Get To Work Ep, try having her go to the hospital and give birth.
    > Try doing what I suggested and place the bassinet in the room before giving birth, and see if that helps.

I have tried placing a bassinet in the room, as well as going to the hospital (joining her there), and just sending her to the hospital alone, but I'm still having the same issue. I sent a ticket in to EA and their support chat suggested I post my issue here on the forum. I'm thinking there is some kind of bug that I'm not going to be able to fix...lol

Hello @INecari
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    It would be best to post about your issue on this thread that refers to similar issues.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-Pregnant-Sim-didn-t-spawn-a-baby/m-p/5825319#M32981
  • Options
    dancethetidedancethetide Posts: 105 Member
    I'm worried because I didn't read the discussion rules before I replied to posts. I've tried looking up similar things like "I didn't read the forum rules" (Even though I did after I thought about it) and "I didn't read the forum rules before replying to posts." I'm scared I'm gonna get banned and I've been on The Sims for so long. Can you even get banned for something like that? Me and my sister have been playing the Sims since the Sims 3 came out, and I didn't mean to do anything wrong.
  • Options
    I'm worried because I didn't read the discussion rules before I replied to posts. I've tried looking up similar things like "I didn't read the forum rules" (Even though I did after I thought about it) and "I didn't read the forum rules before replying to posts." I'm scared I'm gonna get banned and I've been on The Sims for so long. Can you even get banned for something like that? Me and my sister have been playing the Sims since the Sims 3 came out, and I didn't mean to do anything wrong.

Hello @dancethetide
    I am not sure what you did that you think is against the forum rules, but there are EA Moderators that watch over the threads. If they feel that you have done something wrong that goes against the rules, they will be in contact with you. From now on, you have read the forum rules and know what is not allowed so will avoid doing those things.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > dancethetide wrote: »
    >
    > I'm worried because I didn't read the discussion rules before I replied to posts. I've tried looking up similar things like "I didn't read the forum rules" (Even though I did after I thought about it) and "I didn't read the forum rules before replying to posts." I'm scared I'm gonna get banned and I've been on The Sims for so long. Can you even get banned for something like that? Me and my sister have been playing the Sims since the Sims 3 came out, and I didn't mean to do anything wrong.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @dancethetide
    > I am not sure what you did that you think is against the forum rules, but there are EA Moderators that watch over the threads. If they feel that you have done something wrong that goes against the rules, they will be in contact with you. From now on, you have read the forum rules and know what is not allowed so will avoid doing those things.

I read the rules after I thought about it. As far as I know, I haven't broken any rules. I'm just worried that because I didn't read the forum rules yet, I'll get banned.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I'm worried because I didn't read the discussion rules before I replied to posts. I've tried looking up similar things like "I didn't read the forum rules" (Even though I did after I thought about it) and "I didn't read the forum rules before replying to posts." I'm scared I'm gonna get banned and I've been on The Sims for so long. Can you even get banned for something like that? Me and my sister have been playing the Sims since the Sims 3 came out, and I didn't mean to do anything wrong.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @dancethetide
    > I am not sure what you did that you think is against the forum rules, but there are EA Moderators that watch over the threads. If they feel that you have done something wrong that goes against the rules, they will be in contact with you. From now on, you have read the forum rules and know what is not allowed so will avoid doing those things.

I read the rules after I thought about it. As far as I know, I haven't broken any rules. I'm just worried that because I didn't read the forum rules yet, I'll get banned.

Hello @dancethetide
    You won't get banned by not reading the rules if you haven't broken them. These are links to threads that contain the rules.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922562/sims-forum-rules-and-guidelines
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922567/actions-with-zero-tolerance#latest
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > dancethetide wrote: »
    > >
    > > I'm worried because I didn't read the discussion rules before I replied to posts. I've tried looking up similar things like "I didn't read the forum rules" (Even though I did after I thought about it) and "I didn't read the forum rules before replying to posts." I'm scared I'm gonna get banned and I've been on The Sims for so long. Can you even get banned for something like that? Me and my sister have been playing the Sims since the Sims 3 came out, and I didn't mean to do anything wrong.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @dancethetide
    > > I am not sure what you did that you think is against the forum rules, but there are EA Moderators that watch over the threads. If they feel that you have done something wrong that goes against the rules, they will be in contact with you. From now on, you have read the forum rules and know what is not allowed so will avoid doing those things.
    >
    > I read the rules after I thought about it. As far as I know, I haven't broken any rules. I'm just worried that because I didn't read the forum rules yet, I'll get banned.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @dancethetide
    > You won't get banned by not reading the rules if you haven't broken them. These are links to threads that contain the rules.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922562/sims-forum-rules-and-guidelines
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922567/actions-with-zero-tolerance#latest

Thank you so much. I wish for your Sims to get loads of Simoleons and promotions!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > dancethetide wrote: »
    > >
    > > I'm worried because I didn't read the discussion rules before I replied to posts. I've tried looking up similar things like "I didn't read the forum rules" (Even though I did after I thought about it) and "I didn't read the forum rules before replying to posts." I'm scared I'm gonna get banned and I've been on The Sims for so long. Can you even get banned for something like that? Me and my sister have been playing the Sims since the Sims 3 came out, and I didn't mean to do anything wrong.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @dancethetide
    > > I am not sure what you did that you think is against the forum rules, but there are EA Moderators that watch over the threads. If they feel that you have done something wrong that goes against the rules, they will be in contact with you. From now on, you have read the forum rules and know what is not allowed so will avoid doing those things.
    >
    > I read the rules after I thought about it. As far as I know, I haven't broken any rules. I'm just worried that because I didn't read the forum rules yet, I'll get banned.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @dancethetide
    > You won't get banned by not reading the rules if you haven't broken them. These are links to threads that contain the rules.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922562/sims-forum-rules-and-guidelines
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922567/actions-with-zero-tolerance#latest

Thank you so much. I wish for your Sims to get loads of Simoleons and promotions!

You're welcome :) Thank you!
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    astera00 wrote: »

Try setting the stove as your Sims head again with the cheat and bring them inside the house then exit the game. I've never tried the cheat, but I'd think putting it on your head again, you should be able to go back on your lot with it.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    for my problem with the red Xs, it doesn't matter if I move my CC in and out of the mods folder, and the only files that show up in cache sometimes are pictures of random sims I never even made. I can't contact the creators because, one, the thumbnails are red Xs, I can't even see what the thing is, two, if they come from TSR or MTS, the creator almost never responds, three, if it's on tumblr I can't contact them because I don't have tumblr, and four, there are just so many creators, I don't even remember where I got certain things. I even used sims 4 studio to look at every single package I have to make sure I had all of the meshes, and after cleaning it up, it has not helped this issue in the slightest.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    Reitanna wrote: »
    for my problem with the red Xs, it doesn't matter if I move my CC in and out of the mods folder, and the only files that show up in cache sometimes are pictures of random sims I never even made. I can't contact the creators because, one, the thumbnails are red Xs, I can't even see what the thing is, two, if they come from TSR or MTS, the creator almost never responds, three, if it's on tumblr I can't contact them because I don't have tumblr, and four, there are just so many creators, I don't even remember where I got certain things. I even used sims 4 studio to look at every single package I have to make sure I had all of the meshes, and after cleaning it up, it has not helped this issue in the slightest.

Hello @Reitanna
    I am sorry that you have this issue. You may need to move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then place each package file back into the new mods folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the one/ones with the red crosses . Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the ones that have the red crosses . Then you may need to keep out those cc files that you have found that have the red crosses .
  • Options
    ebossie22ebossie22 Posts: 2 New Member
    H! Sorry if this is not the right place!

I am currently experiencing issues with my gameplay.

It started with Newcrest, when I build or place a lot, once saved and I then return to the game the lot is no longer there!
    I then tried my Windenburg and the same kind of thing happened, all the lots and town buildings show on the town map this time but once I click on to it to play it shows as an empty lot?!!

Has anyone else experienced this as I have tried several times, tried recovering saves etc and I am still experiencing this, making gameplay impossible!
  • Options
    ebossie22 wrote: »
    H! Sorry if this is not the right place!

I am currently experiencing issues with my gameplay.

It started with Newcrest, when I build or place a lot, once saved and I then return to the game the lot is no longer there!
    I then tried my Windenburg and the same kind of thing happened, all the lots and town buildings show on the town map this time but once I click on to it to play it shows as an empty lot?!!

Has anyone else experienced this as I have tried several times, tried recovering saves etc and I am still experiencing this, making gameplay impossible!

Hello @ebossie22
    After you have built or placed a lot, try going into a lot that has your sims living on it. Then save the game there. Exit the game. Then test to see if it remains on the lot when you next launch the game.
  • Options
    Mellie0818Mellie0818 Posts: 3 New Member
    Has anyone else not been able to use the design tool? Today I was building and I tried to change the color of an object and the little color menu appeared but when I clicked on a color nothing changed. I do use mods in my game and I thought it may have something to do with the cc I downloaded today, so I deleted everything from today. I loaded up my game again and it still didn't work. The only way I could fix it was by going into live mode and then going back into build mode, but then I could only change the color of one item and after that it stopped working again. If anyone knows how to fix this I would appreciate the help.
  • Options
    Mellie0818 wrote: »
    Has anyone else not been able to use the design tool? Today I was building and I tried to change the color of an object and the little color menu appeared but when I clicked on a color nothing changed. I do use mods in my game and I thought it may have something to do with the cc I downloaded today, so I deleted everything from today. I loaded up my game again and it still didn't work. The only way I could fix it was by going into live mode and then going back into build mode, but then I could only change the color of one item and after that it stopped working again. If anyone knows how to fix this I would appreciate the help.

Hello
    There has been other simmers posting about this issue since the patch also.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/923740/ive-found-a-bug

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Try testing in a fresh new save game and see if the issue remains.

• Options
    I deleted all my cc downloaded since the 18th and I still can't use the design tool. The only way I could get it to work was by getting rid of all my cc and I know I used the design tool on the 18th while decorating a house, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new patch...
  • Options
    Mellie0818 wrote: »
    I deleted all my cc downloaded since the 18th and I still can't use the design tool. The only way I could get it to work was by getting rid of all my cc and I know I used the design tool on the 18th while decorating a house, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new patch...

Hello
    CC that was previously not causing issues can become broken by game patches. If the design tool was working after you removed all your cc, then it sounds like some cc has been broken by the patch. Try putting your CC back into the mods folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    Hello @Mellie0818
    A cause of the issue is the " UI Cheats extension" mod. The mod creator has posted that they will update it before the Toddlers Stuff pack is released.
  • Options
    Caragh23Caragh23 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello I've had this problem ever since I got my sims 4 game back in late december 2016 my problem is no matter how hard I try I can't see the action bubbles or anything after the last patch update (august 2017) it's got worse I can't even see the default things that I used to I can't use any objects from my game and stuff packs it's completely blank please help I don't know what else to do
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Caragh23 wrote: »
    Hello I've had this problem ever since I got my sims 4 game back in late december 2016 my problem is no matter how hard I try I can't see the action bubbles or anything after the last patch update (august 2017) it's got worse I can't even see the default things that I used to I can't use any objects from my game and stuff packs it's completely blank please help I don't know what else to do

Hello @Caragh23
    Are the bubbles empty? If they are , try doing what is suggested in the solution part of this link article and see if that helps
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
  • Options
    Nkork6Nkork6 Posts: 1 New Member
    hello i updated my sims 4 like a hour ago.. and no mods work anymore. the game wont even start its goes white and stays stuck. i don't know what to do..
  • Options
    Btw, I deleted my UI cheats mod and now my design tool works perfectly. :)
  • Options
    KashSAGamesKashSAGames Posts: 19 New Member
    My origin isn't opening! I have to update my sims game to play it but when I tried to click update game (when my origin was open) it wouldn't work. I can't update my game through the origin website. I've tried to restart my laptop and then try to open origin but it didn't help. Please help me fix this! :neutral: