Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do I have to do to get my sims to move---Use a whip and a chair?

911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
UGH!

I love my sims, but dang, lately, whenever I send them to work (Detective/Doctor/Scientist), and I give them a task to do, they either have to be told two or even three times! I am getting frustrated because I'm trying to get all the tasks done, and they just stand there with a dopey grin on their face.

What can I do? Feed them Mt Dew? Use Sims 4 Studio to create a "Now, get Jiggy With It!" game mod? What? If I had any hair left, I'd be pulling it out!

Is it my game or my computer? Or are my sims just naturally born slackers? >:)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello,
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that :
    Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
  • Options
    sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    This happens to me too. I don't have mods. But my Sims will be fully happy and when I send them to go to a task they pass right on by it and go get a drink from the vending machine or go pee. Even if everything is in the green. Its so annoying. Once they get whatever task they need to do to advance in their career I just send them to work alone and put them in "work hard" mode until their next promotion. I'm trying to play my game legitimately with no cheats and no mods and its almost more annoying than filling my game up with mods.
    The only cheat I do use is testingcheats and disable need decay but I don't think that has anything to do with it.
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• Options
    This happens to me too. I don't have mods. But my Sims will be fully happy and when I send them to go to a task they pass right on by it and go get a drink from the vending machine or go pee. Even if everything is in the green. Its so annoying. Once they get whatever task they need to do to advance in their career I just send them to work alone and put them in "work hard" mode until their next promotion. I'm trying to play my game legitimately with no cheats and no mods and its almost more annoying than filling my game up with mods.
    The only cheat I do use is testingcheats and disable need decay but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Hello @sweetiebabe05 .
    Try repairing the game and resetting the sims 4 folder like I suggested in the earlier post and see if that helps the issues in your game.
  • Options
    I've done that in the last 24 hours. Plus I emptied out their inventories and that's helped a little. As a new fun bug, when my sim kids do homework every other sim freezes until they're done with homework. I have seen that this is a bug for other people as well so I'm hoping EA fixes it with the next patch. Until then my kids can just avoid homework and have Cs.

• Options
    I've done that in the last 24 hours. Plus I emptied out their inventories and that's helped a little. As a new fun bug, when my sim kids do homework every other sim freezes until they're done with homework. I have seen that this is a bug for other people as well so I'm hoping EA fixes it with the next patch. Until then my kids can just avoid homework and have Cs.

Hello @sweetiebabe05 . I am sorry that you are having the issue with the homework. As you said, other simmers are having the issue too. There is also an issue where doing homework causes other sims to reset. Perhaps doing what helps that issue may help yours too. Have the sims do their homework on their own, not together with other sims and also make sure that they are sitting at a table or desk when doing homework.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:

>
    > Hello @sweetiebabe05 . I am sorry that you are having the issue with the homework. As you said, other simmers are having the issue too. There is also an issue where doing homework causes other sims to reset. Perhaps doing what helps that issue may help yours too. Have the sims do their homework on their own, not together with other sims and also make sure that they are sitting at a table or desk when doing homework.

I'll give it a shot. Thank you @rosemow

• Options
    > @rosemow said:

>
    > Hello @sweetiebabe05 . I am sorry that you are having the issue with the homework. As you said, other simmers are having the issue too. There is also an issue where doing homework causes other sims to reset. Perhaps doing what helps that issue may help yours too. Have the sims do their homework on their own, not together with other sims and also make sure that they are sitting at a table or desk when doing homework.

I'll give it a shot. Thank you @rosemow

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    UGH!

I love my sims, but dang, lately, whenever I send them to work (Detective/Doctor/Scientist), and I give them a task to do, they either have to be told two or even three times! I am getting frustrated because I'm trying to get all the tasks done, and they just stand there with a dopey grin on their face.

What can I do? Feed them Mt Dew? Use Sims 4 Studio to create a "Now, get Jiggy With It!" game mod? What? If I had any hair left, I'd be pulling it out!

Is it my game or my computer? Or are my sims just naturally born slackers? >:)

Try removing mods if you have any.

Or maybe reset your sim using the testingcheats true cheat and right click on your sim and choose reset sim/debug.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif