Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StSciurus's Showcase • Update 4/9/19 The Claverhouse

Comments

• Options
    snotsausagesnotsausage Posts: 35 Member
    New to the community and finally digging in. Found your works. WOW! lovin 'em. Truly talented. The diner with the pumps... awesome.. Balance...too cool. Love your style my friend! :)
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    New to the community and finally digging in. Found your works. WOW! lovin 'em. Truly talented. The diner with the pumps... awesome.. Balance...too cool. Love your style my friend! :)

Thank you so much, @snotsausage , and welcome to the community!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The furnishing of each of the ground floor rooms of the mansion looks very nice! :) The plant and blossoms feature table is nice for sims to see as they enter the home. Very nice living room! The wall pattern looks nice. The bookcaes look nice placed either dudes if the fireplace. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas there in front of the fire, reading a book and listening to the piano music being played. The floral picture is nice for them to look at when sitting there. Very nice library room! Sims will enjoy sitting there resting and reading a book, or have fun playing chess on the the windows chess table with sunshine coming in onto them. Very nice design of the kitchen! The white colour scheme and wall texture looks very nice, and complements each other. The island bar stool counter is great. It is nice that there is a bar area there also for Sims to enjoy sitting there having a drink from the bar. The drinks display shelf is a nice touch on the wall there. Very nice dining room! The type of dining seats used looks very nice. Very nice brief and green colour scheme of the room. The fruit bowls are nice touches on the table top. Very nice tv room for sims to enjoy watching tv together and also look out through the windows at the outdoors views.
    The home is looking very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @rosemow , for taking a look! :smiley:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    I love your new restaurant Eat Here get Gas, and it fabulous name with a wonderful authentic feel. I hope Flo and Bob can keep up the pace of running a 24\7 business. :) Folly
  • Options
    Thank you for stopping by, @follyfoot ! :smiley: I think Bob and Flo take different shifts. :wink:
  • Options
    I've finished my latest basegame-materials only house called Desert Modern, based on this house I found on a website:

Inspiration:
    OsefoyR.png

The house has 3 bedrooms (adult, teen and child) and 2.5 bathrooms, a pool, outdoor grill, fountain, balcony garden, and monkey bars. And here is my version:

Exterior front:
    wd1godE.png

Exterior rear:
    XOEkTNl.png

Kitchen:
    ydw2sMS.png

Living room:
    Sae2SLE.png

Master bedroom:
    pOMOjXY.png

Teen bedroom:
    Tp8p3LY.png

I had hoped to keep the cost of the house under §50K, but at least it's under §100K :wink:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Desert Modern is very nice! :) The exterior of the home and layout of the build look so very nice! You hsve reflected your inspiration home very well! The fenced rooftop patio looks great! The cactus plants in the front areas of the build look very nice. Nice eat bench sitting nook on the front porch. Each of the patios look nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen looks nice! It looks nice how the cabinets are placed there to create the stove and fridge nooks. The island sink and dishwasher counter looks great! Very nice living room! Sims will enjoy resting on the armchairs and sofa reading a book, with sunshine coming in through the windows . The flowers on the table are pretty for sims to see whilst sitting there. The sun wall item looks sunny! Very nice colours of the bedrooms. The floor rug under the master bed gives a great look to the room. The bedhead wall picture is restful for sims to see when laying in bed. The clothes shelf is a nice hone touch in the teen bedroom. They will have a nice views of the outdoors pool patio through their bedroom windows.
    It is a very nice modern home :)
  • Options
    I always look forward to your kind words, @rosemow ! :smiley: Thank you so much, and I hope you have a lovely weekend!
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    That's a great desert home @StSciurus ! The overall design of the house is really interesting.
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @pronterus ! :smiley:
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Nice re-creating of the inspiration pic! Desert Modern is very cool and looks Perfect for Oasis Springs. Nice, warm interiors and I Love that upper deck with its Fabulous views! :blush:
  • Options
    Thank you, @WrathofCath ! Your kind words mean so much to me. :smiley:
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I love love LOVE your base game only house! Been thinking about doing one of those for a while, and it's making me more motivated! :) Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @equuest , for your nice comment! Building with base game materials is a great challenge, and it allows your builds to be accessible to many more Simmers! :smiley:
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Desert Modern is a fantastic interpretation of your inspiration pic and is very true to it's name, modern yet fits in the desert beautifully. Absolutely love all the outdoor areas and it's always great to use base game only materials :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    I always appreciate your kind words, @masajo ! :smiley: Thank you for stopping by!
  • Options
    ThomasLeThomasThomasLeThomas Posts: 78 Member
    Okay, so, I don't even know how freaking long ago you made that library, because I just needed to say how AMAZING it is. I absolutely love the small waterstream between the two sections and how both sections connect above the water UGHHG I need to make more buildings. But I also checked the other awesome amazing buildings you made and I just can't believe you freaking make stuff like that, like seriously, you're amazing!
    I got a new blog! Click here!
  • Options
    Your comment made me laugh, @ThomasLeThomas ! :lol: Thank you for your kind words! You are probably already discovering that there are many fantastic builders in the Sims 4 community, and I am but a minnow in a vast sea. You'll also discover that there are many great building tutorials available. @rosemow has a thread that's stickied to the top of the Sims 4 Lots list of discussion threads. Welcome to the forums! :smiley:
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    The landscaping is done nicely and the interior looks very comfortable, which to me is a main ingredient for living space. Nice work and a fav from me.
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    Thank you for the fav and your nice comment, @fidlerten ! :smiley: I'm finding more and more that I want a lot not only to look reasonable, but to play well, too.
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Eat here get gas - straight and to the point, I love it! I love diner builds, you did a great job! Your mansion build is so beautiful! OMG I love that Orchid! Great Kitchen layout and I love the color scheme of the TV Room. Great Job!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I've built another in the Sciurian Affordable Home Series, and this one is called Beach Modern. It has 3 bedrooms and three full bathrooms. The house will accommodate up to 6 Sims, and the price is under §50K and contains base game materials only. Here are some images:

Front exterior:
    0RyRHl6.png

Rear exterior:
    RAXQpxz.png

Front porch:
    Vt1oiWA.png

Kitchen:
    D7xuKE2.png

Family room:
    ybuysXh.png

Master bedroom:
    Hcayoi9.png

Layout:
    QG0LEV2.png

This is the first house I've built on the diagonal! :smiley: It makes for a much better gallery image. :wink:
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @Nhicks , for your kind words! :smiley: The orchid in the mansion interior design is of course custom content, but it's fun to play with all the great CC once in a while!
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    That's an inviting modern home @StSciurus ! I love its layout :)