Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't set generic lots as club hangout?

LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
Can't set generic lots as club hangout?

Sorry if this has been asked before?

But is my game glitching out all of a sudden or is this something we have never been able to do XD
tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
//Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I can't either. I assume it's something they should patch in.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    @luimistelija I know! Its a bit of a pain to have to make sure the lot i want to use as a hangout meets the requirements for some of the venues XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    I think they should add Club Hangout as a lot type ASAP

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @SimGuruDrake addressing this would be super helpful to our games.

I want a lot type that supports designated club activities. Example. I created a cinema of sorts. Made it a hangout for movie clubs, but had to choose a venue. I put the museum stuff in basement. I get that clubs members are pushed to do approved activities, but what about the rest of visitors. I want them to use the objects I specify, not ones required for a venue.

Even if generic lots are able to be hangouts, there is still two issues with them. One no one else shows up to the lot and two sometimes the lot gets stuck on generic and it can't be changed.

A club hangout would be a useful venue type. I don't care how it is done but the functionality would be welcome - please pass on this feedback. Thank you
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    @cherpar I've read sims should now show up on generic lots too. I haven't tested it though.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @luimistelija I tried it recently and it didn't work.
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    I just made a whole science-themed club for my Sims - rocket, cloning machines, invention machines, etc. - and since I set it as Generic, they can't use it as a club hangout. I tried setting it as another venue but of course there are all kinds of requirements for that, stuff I don't want in my science club. Is there a way around it?
  • Options
    DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    > @luvalphvle said:
    > I just made a whole science-themed club for my Sims - rocket, cloning machines, invention machines, etc. - and since I set it as Generic, they can't use it as a club hangout. I tried setting it as another venue but of course there are all kinds of requirements for that, stuff I don't want in my science club. Is there a way around it?

Create a basement level below your club and then put/hide all of the other stuff down there. That's what I do, as I don't like having the huge children's pirate or spaceship jungle gyms in all of my parks. You'll have to go down 2 levels to hide the jungle gyms.
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    DeeTsims wrote: »
    > @luvalphvle said:
    > I just made a whole science-themed club for my Sims - rocket, cloning machines, invention machines, etc. - and since I set it as Generic, they can't use it as a club hangout. I tried setting it as another venue but of course there are all kinds of requirements for that, stuff I don't want in my science club. Is there a way around it?

Create a basement level below your club and then put/hide all of the other stuff down there. That's what I do, as I don't like having the huge children's pirate or spaceship jungle gyms in all of my parks. You'll have to go down 2 levels to hide the jungle gyms.

That's a fantastic idea! Thanks!
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    edited January 2017
    um just created a new club for my Sim, made a building for his club to hang out in and classified it as generic, because the type of club is handiness woodworking, and there is no venue for that.
    Tried to set club hang out location and tada ! no can do
    Not happy right now
    Anyway we can have hangout added to the list of optional hangouts for unique clubs ?
    And the ability to label buildings as hangouts ?

edit: made it into a cafe but really needs to be a hangout
  • Options
    Cristal_SwanCristal_Swan Posts: 234 Member
    This needs to be fixed please!! @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDaniel
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    shh, generic will be changed to 'hangout' lot type.. shortly, in an upcoming pack so it's not a bug, but waits until the said pack is released. ;) Then it will be used like any other lot type in game for all the other purposes not set to a particular venue.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yep... I found out about this the hard way when I spent some time creating a beautiful clearing with a telescope and a space rocket for my astronomy club, only to discover afterwards that I couldn't pick it as their main hangout. What's wrong with using a generic lot in such a way? No idea. Please, game, stop tormenting us with so many little limitations that seem to be there for no reason.

After getting upset for a moment, I had the same idea as someone else here, changed the lot type to park and built an inaccessible basement for the required objects I didn't want. But there's still way too many outsiders around using the objects I put there for the members of my club, even though the lot has the "Private" trait. Could something be done about that too, pretty please?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the 'private dwelling' lot trait mentions 'home lots' and even says it does little on commercial venues.

and i feel the pain of everyone else here. my original vampire 'bar' idea (based loosely on the one from bridgeport in sims 3) was intended to be a generic lot decorated up as a graveyard (since we don't have cemetery lots for some reason) with a hidden bar beneath and two different entrances to the bar for competing vampire clubs. based on this thread, three guesses how well that went over...

so, now the graveyard is a bar with plenty of prey wandering in. ghost nights work alright for it, considering what it is (i even put the tombstones of deceased sims in the graveyard and their urns in the mausoleum) and the fact that the lot was given the haunted trait (which seems to actually work quite well with non-residential lots)
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Just started playing again... this issue is so annoying. WTG on dampening more player creativity
    OJGRGDT.gif