Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We've all been thinking it..... TODDLERS

The Sims 4 needs toddlers!!

It's just such a big part of their lives!! Deciding whether the parents will teach the child how to talk, walk or be potty trained or not. Then that deciding whether they have been brought up properly and effect them in later life.

It's desperately needed!!

When I had the Sims 2 one of my favourite parts of playing the game was getting the sims to interact with the toddlers. And the Sims 4 needs this!!

Having that jump from baby to child just isn't the same!!!

Comments

• Options
    ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Yeah, I think so, too. i used to absolutely HATE playing toddlers in TS2/3....but now I kinda miss them since I love creating big families and lot of children/teens just isn't satifying to me lol
    I'd also like to have tweens or something haha :/
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Options
    Midyin84Midyin84 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited January 2016
    It disappoints me to see how few likes this thread has gotten..

Come on guys?!
    Toddlers would be way more interesting than Tweenagers..
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Midyin84 wrote: »
    It disappoints me to see how few likes this thread has gotten..

Come on guys?!
    Toddlers would be way more interesting than Tweenagers..

There've been hundreds of toddler threads since August 2014. They naturally get less notice from forum users over time.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Midyin84Midyin84 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Midyin84 wrote: »
    >
    > It disappoints me to see how few likes this thread has gotten..
    >
    > Come on guys?!
    > Toddlers would be way more interesting than Tweenagers..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There've been hundreds of toddler threads since August 2014. They naturally get less notice from forum users over time.

They should just make a stick Toddlers thread.. lol

Well, you know?.... until Toddlers are officially added..
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    Another thread.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,989 Member
    I really miss toddlers too!
  • Options
    Simmertje2Simmertje2 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Guys,

It would be really nice to have toddlers in the game again. I loved them in the sims 3, where you had to teach them how to talk and stuff. I'd really love them to be in the sims 4. Hope they're gonna be there soon.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simmertje2 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

It would be really nice to have toddlers in the game again. I loved them in the sims 3, where you had to teach them how to talk and stuff. I'd really love them to be in the sims 4. Hope they're gonna be there soon.

If you liked them in TS3 you'd be amazed by them in TS2. They could dance interact with dogs and cats, play/talk with each other etc. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    WorldsFinest13WorldsFinest13 Posts: 330 Member
    That was the best part of childhood. Plus it feels weird to have a infant go to a child. They should also bring back memories from the sims 2 where they had automatic memory from life events such as child births, getting fired or promoted, their child getting good grades. I still think the sims 2 was the best sims but far there was so much to do and so many features.
    Jinx Stands For Jinx
    Jinx-League-Of-Legends-Wallpaper-HD-1920x1080-3.jpg
    Origin: TayeSimmer
    Tumblr: https://tayesimmer.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    Yes, it would be nice. We've been asking for it since the beginning--the question is, will they listen to our pleas?
  • Options
    jordan4240jordan4240 Posts: 172 New Member
    I know everyone is tired of the T word, but the game really lacks life and charm without this one life stage. If the babies weren't treated as objects and confined to the same bassinet, maybe..just maybe I'd be somewhat satisfied. I saw screenshots of a survey (a while back) that included a Generations type EP, w/ the mentioning of both toddlers and tweens..now if it would just become a reality..
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited January 2016
    If they bring back Toddlers, Maxis is gonna have to WOW me. It's not enough to have them use cute idle animations and learn to walk, talk and use the toilet, that's why I always aged them up as soon as I could in TS2 and TS3. Doing the same 3 "Teach To..." interactions over and over and over again while they repeatedly crapped their pants, just bored the everloving 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of me.

They need to bring something new to the table, something that makes these the best 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Toddlers the Sims has ever had.

The question is, what? What can Toddlers do that'll make every new generation feel fresh?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Actually, I've been thinking about Focus...
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Actually, I've been thinking about Focus...

Focus on toddlers would be great. :)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,551 Member
    i think at this point in time toddlers should be prioraty number 1 and it should also be mention on twitter
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I agree. I'm not even much of a family player BUT when I do play that style I think the jump from baby to child is lack luster and poorly presented and frankly jarring. The toddler stage needs to be well developed and thought out and there has been plenty of time to do so at this point. As well, you're new here and you had an opinion about an aspect of the game- you have every right to create a new discussion about the subject no matter how many times it has been brought up in the past. After all, all the previous discussions have done nothing to rectify the situation and there's nothing wrong with keeping the matter at the forefront.
  • Options
    I don't need toddler, The Sims 4 only need preteens :p !

It also needs Young Elder and Young Child life stages! :wink:

Make children a little taller, elders should have one and only one default walk style, and Young Elders can party with their own unique clothes no one else can wear. :smiley:
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    ya I agree, the game seems bare without them.
    I don't play them, but it make the world look and feel more real.
    On the selling side of it E.A.
    $$.$$
    They need to fix the Life stage, Teen are way to close to young adults too.
    Make it more like a Family game, Not a adult game.
    If you look at the game as a whole, Its more like a story of the Dev. life
    They work, they go to spa's and party at clubs and hangout with their friends and have no kids.
  • Options
    CACTUSROSE1CACTUSROSE1 Posts: 66 Member
    Do the Gurus \ development team even take any note of these discussions and suggestions. i have only been on this form for 2 weeks but have noted so many threads about the toddlers and the open neighbourhood but yet still nothing.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Do the Gurus \ development team even take any note of these discussions and suggestions. i have only been on this form for 2 weeks but have noted so many threads about the toddlers and the open neighbourhood but yet still nothing.
    That should answer your question.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    That should answer your question.

They have Moderators, they see Everything.
  • Options
    Mistrzjogi99Mistrzjogi99 Posts: 0 New Member
    From the countdown to the first release of the Sims 4 there were rumours that the game won't include pools or toddlers. I believe a lot of potential buyers felt like the game is taking a step back (or even 3 steps), as pools were included in all The Sims games and toddlers were only missing in the first ever The Sims where you gave birth to a cradle after 3 kisses.
    After few months into the game, The Sims released a free game pack with pools... but a year has passed and The Sims are throwing in 'Movie hang out' stuffs, while most of us are waiting for something to fill in the massive gap between the boring newborn and the school-committed child.
    Of course there're the 'Pets'. The 'Pets' extension packs in The Sims 2 and 3 were an amazing 'add on' to the game. Yet, if The Sims 4 are planning on releasing 'Pets', I personally expect much more than in the Sims 3. Maybe, the introduction of farm animals or tropical pets would make the game more enjoyable to play, because right now, without toddlers and animals, I don't even know what's the point of playing this game.
    If the team ever reads this, I want them to take notice of the fact that we NEED toddlers and animals in our game.
    The toddlers should include options like:
    *Walking, talking and all that The Sims 3 things.
    *Variety of objects like: interactive toys, more than 3 different cribs, nappy changing stands, bottle warmers, talking toilets, door safety gates, large playpens, baby swings etc.
    *Some clubs and activities for toddlers, children and teens outside of home, eg: ballet club, soccer club, tennis club, basketball club, lacrosse club, hockey club, dance club, art club, and other youth clubs.
    *Optional nursery where toddlers will meet with other toddlers and learn some new things.
    It would be cool to have some more control over the newborns, rather than change the colour of their cradle (pink, yellow, blue and green), feed and change nappy's. These children are BORING! The first thing I do when that baby is born is 'age it up', because it's like the baby isn't even an active sim.
    Please add some of your ideas about toddlers or/and pets. Maybe the Sims 4 team will listen to our begging.
    Thank You.
    Mistrzjogi99
  • Options
    JazmeianiyaJazmeianiya Posts: 4 New Member
    Will we ever get toddlers?