Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leftover Selection Please?

(Apologies if this has been requested/discussed before)

Does anyone find it irritating when you want your sims to have leftover in the fridge when there is no 'have leftover...' button available so that you'll need to open the fridge and select which one you'd like for them? I know this isn't bothering some people but it is what we've got in the sims 3 and something I've been waiting to be added in to the game via the update for months since its release. :/

Please let me know if you're having issue with this problem, I'd like to know what you think. :)
chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
._.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes. I find it annoying.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2015
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    (Apologies if this has been requested/discussed before)

Does anyone find it irritating when you want your sims to have leftover in the fridge when there is no 'have leftover...' button available so that you'll need to open the fridge and select which one you'd like for them? I know this isn't bothering some people but it is what we've got in the sims 3 and something I've been waiting to be added in to the game via the update for months since its release. :/

Please let me know if you're having issue with this problem, I'd like to know what you think. :)

Click to autosolve hunger. Sims will eat the oldest leftovers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Click to autosolve hunger. Sims will eat the oldest leftovers.

Yes, thank you :) I've already known this solution but sometimes it becomes troublesome when you want them to have different food at the same time.

Whilst Sims 3 allows sims to automatically consume the oldest leftovers as well but I suppose we may have greater flexibility in this sort of gameplay by choosing manually ourselves?
    ._.
  • Options
    SimsAddict8SimsAddict8 Posts: 98 Member
    Are you referring to a system sort of like we had in the Sims 2? If so, I agree. I would like to be able to select a "Eat Leftovers" option from the fridge instead of opening and searching for the food. See the pictures. By the way, sorry they are so big. I have no idea how to size them down.
    File_000.jpeg
    File_001.jpeg
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Yeah Sims 2! Such a great game
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Are you referring to a system sort of like we had in the Sims 2? If so, I agree. I would like to be able to select a "Eat Leftovers" option from the fridge instead of opening and searching for the food.

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. :smile:

klovesjen wrote: »
    Yeah Sims 2! Such a great game

Agree :P
    ._.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    You can select what leftover the sim wants to eat. Click on the fridge and choose "Open" then choose the leftover meal you want the sim to eat.
    If you want the sim to eat the oldest leftover then you just need to click on the hunger need bar and the sim will automatically eat that.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Urgh! Tell me about it! That is one of many bugbears!

I like to choose what my sims have to eat, so I don't just click on their needs to do it. But it is such a pain in the rear to have to open the fridge each time.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2015
    You can select what leftover the sim wants to eat. Click on the fridge and choose "Open" then choose the leftover meal you want the sim to eat.
    If you want the sim to eat the oldest leftover then you just need to click on the hunger need bar and the sim will automatically eat that.

Auto solving by clicking on the panel doesn't necessarily make the Sim go to the fridge to get the leftovers in TS4, but some start cooking, when their hunger is in the red, and time for work. It doesn't always work the way you said. And I prefer their inventory don't have to open, too, when opening the fridge to pick a /which leftover. I just like menus on fridges. I think they are easier.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.