Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    I'm gonna be alone in this, but I think Anna is not the villain here. Neither is Tobi, or Colette, or anyone. People fall out of love all the time, it's a fact of life :) Anna seems nice
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    XSimMimX wrote: »
    I'm gonna be alone in this, but I think Anna is not the villain here. Neither is Tobi, or Colette, or anyone. People fall out of love all the time, it's a fact of life :) Anna seems nice

(Correct me if I said something different before) But I kind of agree here, now that I think about it. My parents fell out of love too (my mom remarried and my dad stopped talking to the family), and once you fall out of love, there isn't much reason to stay together. However, if all you ever do is fall out of love, then... Hmmmm... Not gonna support it, but not gonna criticize it either. Though I do agree with everybody else that before simply giving up, you should at least try to fix things first...
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Oh Tobi, distance is all you don't need right now!...

@anaitapeva hahaha I know right? Poor Tobi.

@XSimMimX and @SilentWolf101 you guys both offer an interesting perspective! I do agree, SimMim, that (the way things currently stand, at least) no one is really at fault. Feelings change over time for sure. And Anna is a pretty sweet girl :)

However, I would agree with Wofly that you should try to figure things out before giving up too!

Now, all that being said, are we sure Colette and Tobi have actually fallen out of love? It's hard to say... I think they're both struggling right now for sure. That much is clear. And Tobi is in a super vulnerable place right now... :/

I think this song is a great theme song for their current story arc :tongue:

http://youtu.be/vFdhftuO0ek
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Sorry for my cynicism, I've always been a skeptic. It's just that I feel like their relationship was doomed from the start. No union formed in response to panic lasts long.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Hi guys!

Here is our last daily update (for now, at least!). I hope you've enjoyed them :blush: There will be no new chapter tomorrow -- Mondays and Fridays are gonna be my "days off" this summer :tongue:

4.8: Better
    ysaj9hE.jpg

Hey, pssst, Tobi. That's the bar you were conceived in. :p

And also, don't go getting any ideas with Miss Magic Hands!
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Here is our last daily update (for now, at least!). I hope you've enjoyed them :blush: There will be no new chapter tomorrow -- Mondays and Fridays are gonna be my "days off" this summer :tongue:

4.8: Better
    ysaj9hE.jpg

Hey, pssst, Tobi. That's the bar you were conceived in. :p

And also, don't go getting any ideas with Miss Magic Hands!

HA! :D
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Sorry for my cynicism, I've always been a skeptic. It's just that I feel like their relationship was doomed from the start. No union formed in response to panic lasts long.

@XSimMimX you're not the first one to mention about them rushing into things, so I get what you're saying! You may be the lone person not flying the #TeamToCo flag haha you get points for being a rebel. I was so sure everyone shipped them! :tongue:

And yes @JoieWilder that is the bar where he and Stefan were conceived :lol: but he'll never know that :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Here's today's chapter for you guys:

4.9: What is Love?
    pTzlbmr.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Me and Lucas got smashed by Clara, LOL :p
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member

I actually semi-agree with you here! I don't think Anna is a villain at all. Not saying what they're doing is right, not saying I approve. But all she's done so far is show she would be up for stuff if Tobi is. That does not a villain make. Someone who makes poor choices, perhaps. At least I haven't gotten the idea she's all in it for his money or somethign. :P

But we should know I'm a sucker for folks who make poor choices (*cough* Deigo *cough*)
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    I have that song stuck in my head now
  • Options
    @anaitapeva @Ruby10990 Clara is giving out free smacks all around today :lol:

@ra3rei you and @XSimMimX do make valid points. :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »

I actually semi-agree with you here! I don't think Anna is a villain at all. Not saying what they're doing is right, not saying I approve. But all she's done so far is show she would be up for stuff if Tobi is. That does not a villain make. Someone who makes poor choices, perhaps. At least I haven't gotten the idea she's all in it for his money or somethign. :P

But we should know I'm a sucker for folks who make poor choices (*cough* Deigo *cough*)

This is all true, but he hasn't actually made a poor choice yet. And we don't even know what her angle is because we're learning about her through Tobi's jaded eyes. My actually first thought about her was that she calls him "Mr. Rosebrook" to keep things professional between them. True, she could have ulterior motives, but we don't actually know that. However, our concern should lie with Tobi because situations that we're all speculating about all begin with innocent-ish thoughts in your mind...and he's definitely having some thoughts. The thoughts themselves aren't wrong, buuuuut people tend to run away with their thoughts. Let's hope our boy isn't one of them. I personal don't think he is, but what do I know? :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I've got a different old song stuck in my head. XD
    *sings* "Baby don't hurt me, no more."
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @Jes2G you win an "insightful" from me :smiley:

@SilentWolf101 you win a smack from Clara :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Daw...can't wait to find out who the mystery boy is!! Love her blog!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Daw...can't wait to find out who the mystery boy is!! Love her blog!

Thanks @pammiechick ! I'm glad Clara's blog is such a hit! We will be learning more about her mystery-man soon ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @Jes2G you win an "insightful" from me :smiley:

@SilentWolf101 you win a smack from Clara :tongue:

WOOT! I'm on 39% now lol
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    I just loved this chapter! This cracked me up: "My mom, still older-than-dirt" :D And Auggy's answer was so cute. <3
  • Options
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    I just loved this chapter! This cracked me up: "My mom, still older-than-dirt" :D And Auggy's answer was so cute. <3

His answer was quite cute! Made me think that he thinks he’s in love with a couple of little ladies lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Everyone's been waiting to hear from Colette, and today, we finally do! :blush:

DCvQ9sL.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    EmeraldRubtT4EmeraldRubtT4 Posts: 3 New Member
    Oooo this looks like something I'd be able to get into! I'll definitely be giving it a read in my free time :)
  • Options
    Oooo this looks like something I'd be able to get into! I'll definitely be giving it a read in my free time :)

@EmeraldRubtT4 Hi! Welcome to the forums, and thanks so much for your interest in my legacy! :blush: I appreciate you checking out my thread. :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    How about this, Colette. TALK!

I especially am confused because usually when relationships deteriorate like this, the woman doesn't feel an attraction to her mate even if they are handsome like Tobi. But she is...how can she keep her hands off him?? She has this desire. But maybe she feels him being cold to her...that's sad. A vicious cycle.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    How about this, Colette. TALK!

I especially am confused because usually when relationships deteriorate like this, the woman doesn't feel an attraction to her mate even if they are handsome like Tobi. But she is...how can she keep her hands off him?? She has this desire. But maybe she feels him being cold to her...that's sad. A vicious cycle.

@pammiechick Hahaha like I said to someone on WP, I think sometimes talking is easier said than done in situations like this. Plus, both Tobi and Colette have, quite unfortunately, kind of begun accepting their current situation as their "new normal". To them, it's a helpless/inevitable situation, so they're just letting it happen instead of fighting to stay together. Which is definitely NOT what they should be doing, but... they're Rosebrooks, what can I say? :lol:

And as for her attraction to Tobi, it's a little complicated. She's almost punishing herself here :lol: She still feels a strong sexual attraction to him, but she doesn't want to sleep with him anymore because their sex life has become very cold and passionless, thanks to the growing distance between them and lack of emotional intimacy :( It's basically like going through the motions just to get off... And Colette doesn't want that. :(

Marriage counseling would help them so much right now. But one of them has to take that step. And it's not happening :/
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top