Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @VanPelt81 Step aside, Harper. The readers ain’t seen nothing yet! :naughty: Hehehe :tongue:

Oh My! What are you planning to do to poor Emberlynn! :#:o I shall brace myself now so I am prepared! ;)
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    O=
    haswh wrote: »
    @VanPelt81 Step aside, Harper. The readers ain’t seen nothing yet! :naughty: Hehehe :tongue:

Oh My! What are you planning to do to poor Emberlynn! :#:o I shall brace myself now so I am prepared! ;)

It's going to be bumpy, I know that!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Just found this Ashes to ashes story and like it. Will keep reading :)
  • Options
    @Gwiniel Your in for a fun ride! :) Did you see she has another story called Dust to Dust? It's the one that comes before Ashes to Ashes but not required to read first. Another excellent story! :)
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Yes @haswh , I noticed it but didn't start reading yet since it was 3 am for me when I found this thread and read few chapters from Ashes to ashes. But I will in time probably next year since December is always such a busy/full month for me as I LOVE xmas <3 <3 <3 Lots of decorating, cleaning, crafting and baking to do!
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    @Damaro Yes, Gigi totally snuck into the lab mission-impossible style and messed with the test tubes :scream::tongue: (See, this is why the paternity test was necessary in the first place... Those poor EA kiddos and their sameface syndrome. Any brown-haired dude could have been the father! :joy: Gigi wouldn't have known otherwise :tongue:)

But speaking of looking like other sims... Now that you you mentioned the Bella thing, I totally see it :joy: Bibi! (Maybe she will be abducted by aliens too like TS2 Bella??? I can think of many readers who would be happy with that plot twist :joy:)

Omg, you wouldn't do taht to poor Bibi, would you? :scream:
    But you can totally see even more similarities with Mortimer&Bella and Phee&Gii.
    Both couples knew each other since school, while the husband always has been more of an reclusive nerd, the woman can be called a socialite. He is quite successful in what he does and on top of that comes from an old family with illustrious history and some peculiar members.
    Gigi and Bella both may or may not have had an affair. Each couple has 2 children, an older girl and a younger boy.

Which reminds me … you guys, y'all have to watch this master piece: Bella Goth: The last hope
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited December 2018
    @haswh @SeaDragonSong Hmm... was I just kidding, or not? :naughty: Only time will tell hehehehe

@Gwiniel Hi! I’m so excited that you’ve started my story! I really hope you enjoy it :heart: Thank you for taking the time to check it out! (And I love Christmas too! :love: )

@Damaro Okay, when you break it down like that those ARE some pretty interesting similarities! :scream: And WOW that video was incredible! I can’t even begin to imagine the hours of work that went into it! It was sooooo cool! Thank you for sharing it!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Okay this will seem random but I swear it kind of relates to my story :joy: (Tam-approved wedding details, basically :lol:)

My fiancé and I have been working on some wedding planning things lately, and trying to come up with some geeky things to include in our otherwise normal wedding haha

Well, today we have officially come up with some ideas that Tam would totally approve of! Lol

My fiancé and I are very much into tabletop RPGs like D&D, and we have played together with a game group almost the entire time we’ve been dating.

So for our wedding favors, we are giving guests 4 custom dice with our names and wedding date on one side :tongue: And for our seating chart, we are using a grid map to draw a map of the reception area and tables, then putting D&D mini-figs (little figurines that look like characters) with people’s names on them around the tables so they know where to sit :tongue:

We also are planning on large wooden dice as marking table numbers too :blush:

Okay, half of this is just general excitement about wedding plans but I also know you guys all know a bit about D&D thanks to Tam and Phee and I even said to my fiancé while we were coming up with these ideas “omg Tam would approve of this wedding” :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    That's so awesome! I wish you two the best and all the happiness in the world! :blush:
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Aw thank you @SeaDragonSong ! :heart: Our wedding isn’t until June, but we are trying to get as much as we can planned and done early! It’s stressful but fun :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Okay this will seem random but I swear it kind of relates to my story :joy: (Tam-approved wedding details, basically :lol:)

My fiancé and I have been working on some wedding planning things lately, and trying to come up with some geeky things to include in our otherwise normal wedding haha

Well, today we have officially come up with some ideas that Tam would totally approve of! Lol

My fiancé and I are very much into tabletop RPGs like D&D, and we have played together with a game group almost the entire time we’ve been dating.

So for our wedding favors, we are giving guests 4 custom dice with our names and wedding date on one side :tongue: And for our seating chart, we are using a grid map to draw a map of the reception area and tables, then putting D&D mini-figs (little figurines that look like characters) with people’s names on them around the tables so they know where to sit :tongue:

We also are planning on large wooden dice as marking table numbers too :blush:

Okay, half of this is just general excitement about wedding plans but I also know you guys all know a bit about D&D thanks to Tam and Phee and I even said to my fiancé while we were coming up with these ideas “omg Tam would approve of this wedding” :joy:

Super awesome! Tam approved! <3
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 This sounds like fun for you and your guests! :) My daughter loves Bingo and we all played Bingo at the reception so much fun! (Real kernels of corn and all, just like at the fair we go to ever summer.)
  • Options
    Thank you @AudreyFld and @haswh ! We’re excited about it :blush: And it sounds like your daughter’s wedding was really fun, haswh! ^_^
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Congrats on your upcoming wedding! As a fellow-gamer, I can say that's one wedding I'd enjoy attending! :D
  • Options
    Hehe thanks @SAEldarin ! I’m pretty excited! Our wedding is going to be this weird mish-mash of pretty/girly/traditional and random geeky elements :joy: No sims references worked in though... :( Man, i gotta find a way to incorporate a plumbob :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Maybe put it over the head of the cake topper if you are using a traditional bride and groom one.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    @Skcaga6 That’s a great idea, and I’d considered it! But we are already getting a custom cake topper that kind of has a lot going on and I think the plumbob would have been a little much :( I almost asked the lady to add one but I thought it might be too much and detract from the other details on the topper.

(For the curious, besides The Sims, I’m obsessed with Beauty and the Beast and Harry Potter, and my fiancé is obsessed with Star Wars and supervillains. So our cake topper is going to be Belle holding a wand and Reverse Flash (his favorite villain) holding a light saber :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hehe thanks @SAEldarin ! I’m pretty excited! Our wedding is going to be this weird mish-mash of pretty/girly/traditional and random geeky elements :joy: No sims references worked in though... :( Man, i gotta find a way to incorporate a plumbob :tongue:

Can't remember if cupcakes class as wedding food. If they are that gives options (if you've not already planned that in particular.)
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 We are planning on cupcakes for the guests and a smaller cake for us to cut! :smiley:

Ahhhh you guys, the people making our custom dice favors made sample dice and they’re so perfect :scream:

I’m so sorry for spamming my thread with personal wedding stuff but I have to share! :tongue:
    pTHXFhM.jpg

The crown symbol on the dice is an inside joke because we have been telling all our friends and family since last spring that ours is the real royal wedding :joy:

PS: Next chapter tomorrow or Wednesday (hey look, I made it relevant! :joy:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 Your cake topper sounds awesome! The die are so cool and pretty too! :)<3
  • Options
    Fun fact: My fiance and I are getting married exactly 200 days from today! (Yes, we have a countdown :tongue:)

Oh, and uh, speaking of weddings...

8.3: Ghosts
    uMGOF6q.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Aww, child-Ember is adorable! And she's a really good big sister, too.

I'm calling it now-Xander is Lola's son. I hope they are able to keep in touch despite the language issue-even if they have to do it as secret pen pals. Them teaching each other words in their respective languages was an adorable distraction from the drama happening in the background.

Oh, and your wedding cake topper sounds amazing, by the way. Congratulations!
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Aw, cute chapter. I hate that the fighting between and her parents has become such a part of Ember’s life. The drama in the background ... hm, Phoenix wasn’t supposed to talk to Lola I’m sure and got caught in the act?

All of your wedding planning sounds really amazing!
  • Options
    LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    Aww, so cute....and I have a hunch what Tristan heard? not the sound of ghost fighting
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @purplestarz2006 Glad you think Ember is so cute! And a good big sister! He drives her crazy but she adores Tristan... just don’t tell her I told you that ;):tongue:

I’m glad you liked Xander too! Their interactions were so fun to write! His parentage is still a mystery but you never know! And hopefully they can stay in touch or meet again someday...

Also, thanks for the compliment on the cake topper! :blush:

@kayt45 Pretty good guess about some of that background drama! ;) Since we won’t be getting Phee’s POV here is a vague little run-down (for the curious!)
    Basically, Phoenix was eyeing Lola from afar the whole wedding, which upset Gigi and made her clingy/possessive. Once the kids left the table, she and Phoenix got into a little fight about it and she stormed off.

Phee used that opportunity to go and awkwardly say hi to Lola. Gigi came back and saw them talking and approached them. She awkwardly said hi to Lola, then angrily told Phoenix to go get Emberlynn because they are leaving.

He gave Lola a rushed/reluctant/guilty goodbye, grabbed Ember, and they left. And now Gigi is sad and hurt and angry and he is feeling extremely awkward and guilty. The end. Old wounds reopened for all! :tongue:

As for the specifics (like what words were actually exchanged)... those are left to everyone’s imagination ;)

And thanks for the compliment about my wedding plans! :smiley:

@LadyTigress One day, years from now, that poor kid is going to think back to that moment and be traumatized :joy:
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top