Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Added to original thread - please ignore/delete this thread

BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
I wanted to add this new build to my original showcase thread, but since I can't alter the title of the thread, I decided to create a new thread and will hope to consolidate down the road.

Vivid Dance Club

frontext2_zpst3fnig0d.jpg

When I first learned about the Get Together expansion, I knew I wanted to create a club. Originally, I thought I'd try my hand at a Loner's Club - motto: "where your sims can go to be alone together." I envisioned lots of separate entrances, bars with stools spaced apart, tables with only one chair, etc. :p I'm still amused by the notion, but no strong idea for a structure was coming to me, and I knew I wanted to try my hand at using the new dance floors as skylights. I thought I might as well use 'em as dance floors too (since that was their original purpose), and thus the idea for a dance club was born.

I also wanted to play with vivid, neon colors again, like I had with my Vivid Art Gallery a few months back and to get as much animation going as I could. I took particular pleasure in coming up with a new technique to create light art via embedding various lights in pillar objects (with just their edges showing). I think it lends a really fun vibe.

walllights1_zpskocdef42.jpg

Vivid Dance Club provides two levels that include three bars, two dance floors, arcade games, and a pool. For those who would like to see the venue in action, take a look at the video for it here. If you're unable to watch the video or would prefer to browse through images, here they come!

Various angles showing the exterior of the club:
frontext1_zpsncvbanvj.jpg
frontext5_zpsazq6ptog.jpg
leftsideext_zpspavyufx1.jpg
extback_zpsmkhtozpl.jpg
rsideext2_zpshuwifzbd.jpg

I had fun making my own fountain and planter designs. Take a closer look:
fountain_zpsl8fz7a1p.jpg
treedecor_zpstdfcdjx9.jpg
plantconfig_zps96mk47ea.jpg

Quick fun fact - the lit frame around the entrance door is an enlarged mirror elevated from the basement. I love the effect, and the door remains fully functional.
entry_zpsmpkaj7gw.jpg

Heading inside, you'll find a chill little bar area. I love the new bar objects; they had the perfect color combinations and gradients I was looking for. As you can see, the skylight is also a prominent feature in the space, and the hallway is lit by my custom wall light designs.
upbar_zpscrgllav3.jpg

Turning down the hallway, your sims can enjoy the new Button Masher arcade game together. It's a ton of fun to watch them play; I just wish that the game lasted a bit longer
arcade1_zpsapuukalx.jpg

Across from the arcade game, there's a sitting area and water feature that I designed.
sittingarea_zps8iys46vj.jpg

Continuing along, I also set up a small area where the sims can make their own music, if they prefer it to the DJ tracks.
makeownmusic_zpsizepriw7.jpg

And at last, we come to the upper dance floor, glass, of course, with skylights above!
upperdance2_zpsuwkeutzh.jpg
upperdance3_zpsahs1xq5o.jpg

And look down - the sims are actually dancing above another dance floor on the lower level!
upperdance4_zpsocpkvkgu.jpg

Beyond the dance floor is an additional gaming space, with another Button Masher, Darts, the new Foosball table, and a Gaming Mat.
upgames_zpszfbo4isq.jpg

Before we head out to the pool area (since I replaced the Windenburg pool venue with this creation, I felt like it should at least have a pool), here's a quick glimpse of the bathroom design. Kept it pretty basic - nobody's coming to this club in order to hang out in the bathroom. Unless someone makes a club for that! There are two his and hers restrooms with a total of 4 stalls, so I don't think there should be huge lines...
bathroom_zpsqjtogetj.jpg

Now, on to the pool. I had more fun with wall light art on the way out.
lightart2_zpsdlhijefv.jpg

I definitely wanted a big skylight over the pool, and I love the effect. You sure can't beat the views from this lot either.
pool2_zpsfa1m275t.jpg
poolskylight_zpsp7u8qwhw.jpg

There's a self service bar and fridge out here for your sims' convenience.

Moving back inside, it's time to descend the stairs and checkout the basement dance floor and bar. The vibe is slightly different in here, maybe a bit classier? Definitely a light show anyway!
downdance3_zpsj8txb6xl.jpg
downdance2_zpsplcvscjk.jpg

When they get tired, there is a nice little area for them to lounge, drink, and chat.
downbar_zpsx8pcict5.jpg

And that about wraps it up for the interior. Here are some overhead shots to show you the layout of the build.

Roofs up:
ohroofsup_zpsscncdh5c.jpg

Roofs down:
ohroofsdown_zpstpaifaee.jpg

Closer view of top level bar area:
ohupperbar_zps9aeatmae.jpg

Closer view of the upper dance floor:
ohupperdance_zpsrqmwg78j.jpg

Overhead of the basement dance floor and bar:
ohlowerdance_zps9tgeupbc.jpg

And here's a little shot of basement spaces set up. Yes, despite the new bug, I used basement spaces again but this time, making sure that everything I wanted to elevate was in a room. In all of my library placement tests, the objects have remained elevated, even with MOO turned off.
wizard_zpsnam1kare.jpg

Vivid Dance Club costs $254,779 and is situated on a 40×30 lot (I used Bathe de Rill in Windenburg). It is categorized as a dance club. It has been thoroughly play tested, and I found no issues with it. There is one FYI - I used an oversized lit rug on the bottom of the pool because I really liked its design.
poolfloor_zpsjborysxi.jpg
However, if you have your camera angled to look down into the pool and click on it to swim, it will instead bring up the interface to control the lighting for the rug. If you position your camera at more of an angle to the pool, you can click to swim as usual.

If you’re interested in taking a look at Vivid Dance Club in game, click here to download the build from the online Gallery. Or, if you prefer, you can search for it in the game Gallery by its name, or by my hashtag, #bryscreations. Please be sure to place the club in build mode, so that lighting colors and intensities are preserved. Thank you for reading, and if you play with the Vivid Dance Club in your game, I hope you enjoy it!
Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
Post edited by BryonyRae on

Comments

• Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    Wanted to stop by and say your nightclub is one of the most innovative I've ever seen! I really adore all the nice lighting effects you created. Overall its so sharp and bold, excellent work raising the bar on item uses :smile:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Vivid Dance Club is so very creative! :) The design and layout of both the exterior of the building and the areas of the interior looks so very nice! The neon and black colours used in the build give such a great look and feel to the build! It loks great the way that you have used the dance floors as skylights! It looks very nice how sims can have fun dancing on the dance floor in one of the levels and look down to see the other sims on the next level down! It is very creative the way that you have designed the wall light art!
    The water fountain feature near the arcade machine game looks very nice. It is nice that there is an area where sims can enjoy playing the musical instruments. The dance floor areas, gaming areas and bar areas in the build look so very nice! Very nice design and furnishing of the basement dance floor, bar and lounge areas! The lighting throughout the bulld looks so great! The outdoors water feature that you created looks so nice! The lit up tree feature looks very nice. The frame around the front door looks great! Very nice pool area! The skylight roofing looks nice. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, or enjoy relaxing on the loungers poolside.
    The build is so very creatively nice! It is a very fun and bright dance and bar venue for sims to enjoy visiting ! :)
  • Options
    zhaoyiran183zhaoyiran183 Posts: 42 Member
    So coooool!
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Brilliant build Bry. :D I don't have the new pack but if and when I do I'll definitely get this.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    OMG BRY...I can't turn my game on fast enough...This nightclub is the BOMB baby! I am totally mind blown. Guess where my sims will be partying tonight. Magnificent! And the colors, oh my you out did yourself. Downloading and fav'ing this. <3
  • Options
    chennywolfchennywolf Posts: 136 Member
    Well .... that is just pretty dern spectacular.
    CWCig_zpsjglmkzai.jpg
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Thanks so much @SpecterCody. That means a lot coming from such a talented builder as yourself!

@rosemow, @zhaoyiran183, @djacquelynstew @chennywolf Thank you! I'm so pleased that you like it. :)

@sawdust I appreciate you taking the time to look at it, especially given you don't have the pack!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations