Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Digital Deluxe Upgrade | FREE on Origin!

Comments

• Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    edited October 2015
    Thank You , I just put the code & it worked .
    For people who're having issues this is what You should do .

1. Select buy item from Game add-ons
    2. When You select the payment method look at the right & You'll see a text that says "Promo Code"
    3. Click on the text and paste " SIMSUPGRADE " (Without the quotation marks) in the white box & click on apply .
    4. You should get the item for free now when You hit continue *NOTE* : MAKE SURE THAT THE OVERALL PRICE SAYS 0.00$ after You apply the promo code ! , otherwise don't hit continue or next because You will get charged . <3

I hope this helps . *HUGS*
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Good stuff. I am sure it will get fixed for you too. :)
    I don't know. Perhaps the message I left for them was enough. They still have yet to call me back. :/

Sorry I could not help you earlier I just returned to my computer.
  • Options
    TrickboxTrickbox Posts: 1 New Member
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU guys for spreading the word!! I'm usually a forum lurker lol. But just wanted to say thanks! Now I have more stuff to play with :)
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Sweet, thanks for the heads up.
    Kinda crappy deal for the people that already paid for it, they should get a free stuff pack or something.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Woot! Thanks so much. :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sweet, thanks for the heads up.
    Kinda crappy deal for the people that already paid for it, they should get a free stuff pack or something.
    I think people who already paid for it, should get a coupon for an existing pack. Might be nice for them. I would say free pack, but not sure if Maxis would do that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    lekshubaby1994lekshubaby1994 Posts: 204 Member
    I didn't get anything :(!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yassssss, I was planning to get this soon too xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Oh, well, nevermind. I ended up paying for it also. But it was a little over half price, so oh well.

You can get refunded for it.

Nah. Seriously, not worth the hassle.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    BromsiekatBromsiekat Posts: 96 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yay it worked :smiley:
    Post edited by Bromsiekat on
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    hope1275 wrote: »
    I'm happy and excited for everyone who's getting it for free! But it still leaves people like me who paid for it earlier with the short end of the stick, doesn't it? That part's not cool, EA. If they're giving it away for free, it would be nice for them to at least give the rest of us an option to get a stuff pack instead. So that part makes me sad. :(

I feel like a fool now I brought it yesterday with the sale I wish I had checked here first
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    edited October 2015
    Good stuff. I am sure it will get fixed for you too. :)
    I don't know. Perhaps the message I left for them was enough. They still have yet to call me back. :/

Hi there o:)
    If the phone call fails again, you can go to an online chat room with a member of EA who has an expertise in Origin/Sims4, you'll have to wait like five minutes for someone to be available but you do get to chat with someone in a little one-on-one chatroom where you discuss the issue and they do all they can to resolve it. I'm waiting to be connected with an advisor right now (different to this - origin won't accept my card payments? :confounded: ) But they really do help!

The website is help.ea.com/contact-us/new/
    For myself, since I live in the UK, it'shelp.ea.com/uk/contact-us/new/

But I'm sure the other will work. Hope it helps :blush:

EDIT: The waiting time might be longer than five mins because they're a bit busy today, but it goes down quickly :wink:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This didn't work for me the only thing that comes up is for me to enter a credit card and pay for it. Since my game is so bugged right now, I'm not going to pay to get free hats. I already have the LE so I already have the bar. Not sure I want the hats. But still it didn't allow me to enter a promo code.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    That's some bull right there. You gonna refund me for my deluxe upgrade?
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    edited October 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This didn't work for me the only thing that comes up is for me to enter a credit card and pay for it. Since my game is so bugged right now, I'm not going to pay to get free hats. I already have the LE so I already have the bar. Not sure I want the hats. But still it didn't allow me to enter a promo code.

I'm not too bothered either - but it's for free now, so I've got it anyways :wink:
    To put in the promo code you have to add the Deluxe UPGRADE (not just sims 4 deluxe, bc that's the base game + deluxe) and then it should pop up in your cart. Click on the cart and it should show you (in more detail) the items in your shopping cart. To the right, it should show the games and say somewhere Promo Code. Click on that and enter SIMSUPGRADE. Then you should be able to get it for free :blush:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I also had LE so didn't want to pay full price for the upgrade. I wanted the buy mode stuff, parties and maybe the cocktail dress but it wasn't worth the price just for that. Free is good though. :)

My default payment method is EA wallet. I used the in-game purchase system, clicked "Promo Code" to get the text box drop-down and entered the promo code. Total changed to £0.00 and clicked buy.
  • Options
    hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    lmkiture wrote: »
    hope1275 wrote: »
    I'm happy and excited for everyone who's getting it for free! But it still leaves people like me who paid for it earlier with the short end of the stick, doesn't it? That part's not cool, EA. If they're giving it away for free, it would be nice for them to at least give the rest of us an option to get a stuff pack instead. So that part makes me sad. :(

Not really, although I understand how it would seem that way. The game itself is on sale right now. What I paid for the premium edition, at full price, would be what you would pay for the on sale deluxe version right now. It's a sale, so it's not going to be free for everyone from now on.

The way I see it is some people are getting something for nothing, and the rest of us aren't.

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• Options
    sweetjess24sweetjess24 Posts: 89 Member
    I paid for it last month also :neutral: Crappy! lol
  • Options
    JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    I hadn't planning on buying the deluxe content, but what a sweet surprise. Thanks!
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    edited October 2015
    People who bought it shouldn't be mad. You paid for it, yes, but you were the first to have it. You played with it for a long time when you look at it. For those who bough it recently. I must admit that it can be frustrating, I would be mad.

It is normal for business to do sales, a lot of sales. You have people who can't wait for it and buy immediately when it is released. Good for those, they can play it immediately. Then you have those who wait for sales, like me. I always do.

I got The Sims 4 base game at 50% off last winter. I waited for it, I struggled between the desire to buy it full price to play it the soonest as possible and the desire to wait for a sale, knowing that there would be one, but when?? Then I finally saw it, it was so happy! Then there was outdoor retreat. I wanted it so much, but I waited. I saw everyone sharing their pictures and I was happy for them, but a little jealous... Then I got it at 25% off. It's was enough for me to jump.

The same thing happened with Spa Day. For that one I almost bough it after its release because the comments were really good. But I finally waited... And I was waiting for its sale... I almost abandoned... And finally I bought it this week at 25% off.

I'm still waiting sale for stuff pack. I bought spooky stuff this week with the sale. I was really surprise that it was this fast in sale and I must admit that I would be mad if I had bought it at its release... But everyone who buy pack, do not forget one important thing :

There will always be sales.
    Always

You can wait for it, or have the privilege to buy it immediately. This is your choice.

When I get my game with a discount, I am always proud of myself, proud to have waited for it, even if it's was hard at times, I did it. Because I think that buying a game 2 days before its sale would make me really mad lol! And sad for not having waited longer.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    PotterSimmerPotterSimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    This still works! Just downloaded it. Thanks !!
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    So if I have the premium edition, do I need this upgrade? It looks like there are the same four downloads included in both.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I'm sad to hear some are upset that some of us have been getting it for free. They shouldn't be because honestly I've been supporting the franchise for 13 years now and even longer than that for Maxis. By this time, finding deals is good just because I can spend it on other Sims stuff as well, like some Sims 3 EPs or some Sims 1 EPs that I have missed. I guess don't be so quick to judge what others spend or not because you may not know their circumstances.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LianaaLianaa Posts: 185 Member
    > @Cabelle1863 said:
    > So if I have the premium edition, do I need this upgrade? It looks like there are the same four downloads included in both.

Yes I think. If you have Digital Deluxe you can upgrade for free, well limited time.
    Beyonce-Nicki-Minaj-Feeling-Myself-3.gif
  • Options
    HeyImRosieHeyImRosie Posts: 107 Member
    I originally had limited edition but this is amazing getting a FREE upgrade!!!