Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Digital Deluxe Upgrade | FREE on Origin!

Comments

• minimomemuminimomemu Posts: 73 Member
    edited October 2015
    @LukeThePlumbob thank you so much for posting this! I just got it! Happy dance!
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Never wanted it, I mean... Hot dogs crawling all over town bug... I was happy with my limited edition.

But since it's a freebie, well, I won't reject the gift.

Thanks EA. It still doesn't mean I like your business style. >:)
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I made it just in time!!
  • SleepyGeniusSleepyGenius Posts: 64 Member
    @LukeThePlumbob Thank you so much!

siggy10.jpg
  • That_Ginger_GirlThat_Ginger_Girl Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Lex2221 said:
    > Plum! Too bad my internet is down at the moment, bad timing :/

If its down... then how are you on the internet?
    really?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Shouldn't this be on the first page or something? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited October 2015
    What the plum. I paid $10 for that extra content and now they're just giving it away for free? So not cool...

Edit: To those who are saying that we shouldn't be mad and we got the content first, are you serious?! When you shell out extra money for something, only for it to be given away for free later, it is basically like you threw that money down the drain. So I paid $10 extra for.........? Nothing now.

So yeah, I am upset that people are getting this for free and I'm sorry if you disagree with that but I don't think it's fair.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    It's very nice of EA/Maxis to give us a one day chance to get a free Digital Deluxe Upgrade for The Sims 4, it means more people can experience the more minor DLC for the game without extra cost, especially good to those players who can't or aren't allowed to buy things online or don't trust Origin. I know some of you guys who already paid for it might be mad that people are getting it for free now, but it's pretty much a one day discount, not everyone will be able to get it since it's only for a day and things become allot cheaper as time progresses and as Sales are added, I mean look at The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, everyone could get it for free on Origin for a limited time but I barely saw any other Simmers who played The Sims 2 and spent allot of money on Packs for the game get grumpy over that.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 625 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    I tried it a few times but I keep getting an error. I put SIMSUPGRADE in the area for product code. Is that correct?.

Yes
  • gretamode1gretamode1 Posts: 50 Member
    edited October 2015
    This is great! I get to have all the cool hats Dil Howlter wears.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Is this promo still going on?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Just upgraded my game for free too! I've been wanting this, as I've always loved the Sims music but I was gonna wait. Now I don't have too~ So excited! <3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    It's very nice of EA/Maxis to give us a one day chance to get a free Digital Deluxe Upgrade for The Sims 4, it means more people can experience the more minor DLC for the game without extra cost, especially good to those players who can't or aren't allowed to buy things online or don't trust Origin. I know some of you guys who already paid for it might be mad that people are getting it for free now, but it's pretty much a one day discount, not everyone will be able to get it since it's only for a day and things become allot cheaper as time progresses and as Sales are added, I mean look at The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, everyone could get it for free on Origin for a limited time but I barely saw any other Simmers who played The Sims 2 and spent allot of money on Packs for the game get grumpy over that.
    Yep exactly I view it like that too. It not any different from the Sims 2 UC. Not like Maxis hasn't gotten money from me recently from buying more Sims 3 packs anyways. I'm not going to feel guilty for a free giveaway after supporting Maxis for most of my life. It is actually peaking my interest in the Sims 4 again. Isn't that what people wanted, for people to like the game? After this year, Maxis could use with a goodwill effort like this. I still think those that have already spent money on the deluxe version should get a coupon for their next Sims purchase though.

Besides I'm in business and a bargain shopper. I know by now Sims games get cheaper over time. Like all the 50% off deals they have are always nice. Timing is everything when finding deals whether it is for gaming or for clothes or whatever product.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What the plum. I paid $10 for that extra content and now they're just giving it away for free? So not cool...

Edit: To those who are saying that we shouldn't be mad and we got the content first, are you serious?! When you shell out extra money for something, only for it to be given away for free later, it is basically like you threw that money down the drain. So I paid $10 extra for.........? Nothing now.

So yeah, I am upset that people are getting this for free and I'm sorry if you disagree with that but I don't think it's fair.

First of all they aren't supposed to be getting the Deluxe content free without first purchasing a "NeW" download of TS4. But there seems to be some loop hole in the system that is allowing people not to buy the (on sale) TS4 @ 40% off and just somehow go ahead and download the 'free' extra deluxe content. This isn't what it says, but somehow people have done just that.

And it's not for one day only, it was until Nov. 3rd.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

First of all they aren't supposed to be getting the Deluxe content free without first purchasing a "NeW" download of TS4. But there seems to be some loop hole in the system that is allowing people not to buy the (on sale) TS4 @ 40% off and just somehow go ahead and download the 'free' extra deluxe content. This isn't what it says, but somehow people have done just that.

How do you know it's a loophole?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

No where in this ad does it say if you already own the game you can upgrade to Deluxe for free.

Please note it says with the 'purchase' of (new) TS4.

The Sims™ 4 Digital Deluxe Upgrade Offer
    † THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES NOVEMBER 03, 2015 AT 10:00AM PST. VALID FOR NEW PURCHASES OF THE SIMS 4 DIGITAL DELUXE UPGRADE ("PRODUCT") ONLY FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). OFFER MUST BE REDEEMED WITH NEW PURCHASE OF THE SIMS 4 GAME (SOLD SEPARATELY). VALID WHEREVER PRODUCT IS SOLD. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER PERSON. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTIONAL OR DISCOUNT OFFER, UNLESS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY EA; MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY PREPAID CARD REDEEMABLE FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR APPLICABLE SALES TAX. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member

No where in this ad does it say if you already own the game you can upgrade to Deluxe for free.

† THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES NOVEMBER 03, 2015 AT 10:00AM PST. VALID FOR NEW PURCHASES OF THE SIMS 4 DIGITAL DELUXE UPGRADE ("PRODUCT") ONLY FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). OFFER MUST BE REDEEMED WITH NEW PURCHASE OF THE SIMS 4 GAME (SOLD SEPARATELY). VALID WHEREVER PRODUCT IS SOLD. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER PERSON. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTIONAL OR DISCOUNT OFFER, UNLESS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY EA; MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY PREPAID CARD REDEEMABLE FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR APPLICABLE SALES TAX. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY

When the offer was announced, I asked Origin on their Twitter page if I could have it even if I already had the base game. They answered me yes so I don't think it's a loophole because they wouldn't have answered me that.

Yeah nothing, so what? You should remember that all you buy will one day be on sale. If you have bought something at 60$ and now it sells 35$, it means you have lost 25$... Too bad right? But you had it first, this is the only advantage to buy games first. If you can't accept that, don't buy it next time a new dlc release and wait for a sale. If not, don't cry because you have lost money, this is how business works and if you didn't know before, now you know. :)
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Thanks!!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    So once i buy get together ill be able to get that one for free cause im purchasing a game too?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    So once i buy get together ill be able to get that one for free cause im purchasing a game too?

No you can have it without any purchase. Just put the deluxe upgrade in your basket and enter the promo code. Do not click check out if you can't see the 0$ amount. If not you will be charged the upgrade.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member

Hmm. I read that few times and I think it means that in order to redeem the offer you must attempt to purchase Digital deluxe (and not already have it).
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    I would just purchase t he REGULAR game for the sale price and then put the digital delux upgrade in the cart and use the code then. I have the base game and was able to use this code today.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    dmama1314 wrote: »
    I would just purchase t he REGULAR game for the sale price and then put the digital delux upgrade in the cart and use the code then. I have the base game and was able to use this code today.

good to know for others i thought the offer was for only one day. and agree many have reported to be able to get the upgrade even though they already own the base.

• Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Even the post on the first page says "if you have The Sims 4" No where is it mentioned that is for new purchases only.
  • ckimmel8642ckimmel8642 Posts: 33 Member
    You can still use it for today Oct 31