Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Pleased

So my gay sim had a bachelor party,
and I was very pleased that male party dancers showed up and not female
ones. So thank you, Sims 3 team.

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2015
    Oh that's cool. I never thought of that, I don't usually do bachelor/bachelorette parties though so I guess I've never really had to. Very nice they did that though, but I'm not really surprised either.

I am tempted to go make a same-sex couple to try this out though. Actually... I have a couple of them I could use, not sure I'm ready to marry either of them, but eh... whatever. Actually, maybe I'll make one anyway, because I like making sims.
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Oh that's cool. I never thought of that, I don't usually do bachelor/bachelorette parties though so I guess I've never really had to. Very nice they did that though, but I'm not really surprised either.

I am tempted to go make a same-sex couple to try this out though. Actually... I have a couple of them I could use, not sure I'm ready to marry either of them, but eh... whatever. Actually, maybe I'll make one anyway, because I like making sims.

Yeah I was expecting a female party dancer so I was pleasantly surprised. And haha you should have one. It's really entertaining to watch sims pour fizzy nectar on each other!
  • Options
    WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    Yep, that happened to me too once. My lesbian Sims had a Bachelorette party and had female dancers show up :)
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The Sims (all versions I know of) has always been very same-gender friendly. Little things like that were/are thought of and handled well all throughout the series. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Yep, that happened to me too once. My lesbian Sims had a Bachelorette party and had female dancers show up :)

That's good! As @igazor said, this game has always been tolerant towards all kinds of things, including sexuality.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @Kandy - Ah no...sorry, gentle correction there. The better word choice is accepting of, not tolerant towards. ("tolerance" is something one puts up with like a nuisance, "acceptance" is something one embraces as ordinary and not unusual). :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    LOL, how were they dressed? My first Bachelor party had lifeguards to save the party. The last had them, too. One of my straight sims had girls in military uniform. They're great parties, imo!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    igazor wrote: »
    @Kandy - Ah no...sorry, gentle correction there. The better word choice is accepting of, not tolerant towards. ("tolerance" is something one puts up with like a nuisance, "acceptance" is something one embraces as ordinary and not unusual). :)

Well said :smile:
    LOL, how were they dressed? My first Bachelor party had lifeguards to save the party. The last had them, too. One of my straight sims had girls in military uniform. They're great parties, imo!

Lol. My male party dancers always come shirtless and wearing cowboy hats, and my female party dancers always wear tight red dresses and cowboy boots. So apparently my sims love cowboy/girls? I don't know :lol:

EDIT: Also- sorry girls showed up at your straight sims party :confused: I guess the games algorithm (did I even use the right word there?) isn't as great as I thought :lol:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    That's so cool! I've noticed myself, once you have chosen for your sim whether they are gay or staight, the game picks up (by making them flirt with the gender of their choice when you don't control them). This proves that's really the case.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    That's so cool! I've noticed myself, once you have chosen for your sim whether they are gay or staight, the game picks up (by making them flirt with the gender of their choice when you don't control them). This proves that's really the case.

Yes I've noticed that when I have my sims date online! They will only get requests from whatever gender they send requests to (though it heavily leans on one gender if your sim is bi, pansexual, etc.).

EDIT: Ehrm, bi(sexual) was plummed out?
  • Options
    Kandy wrote: »
    They still didn't fix that? :| ?

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I've tripped over that one several times. But my favorite (must be a naughty word in some language I don't speak) was pizzeria.

Edit: Oh,they fixed that one!
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I've tripped over that one several times. But my favorite (must be a naughty word in some language I don't speak) was pizzeria.

Hahaha! (aka lol ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Nippon is censored? It's just another word for Japan.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Kandy wrote: »
    They still didn't fix that? :| ?

:confused: I guess not

Lol. I'll be sure to be careful when using that word!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Nippon is censored? It's just another word for Japan.

Just quoted to see what word you used.

I didn't know that was another name for Japan! Does it mean something else, too?

EDIT: Just looked it up... It means Japan in English, so maybe it means something else in another language?