Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG! Metro UK talks about the problems of The Sims 4 and his team!

Comments

• Options
    ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited September 2015
    Thank you @sparkfairy1 for writing this piece. I hope this prompts EA to some positive action.

Edited: typos
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Very well written and most of the points were accurate. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @ArubianaCaliente and @Goldmoldar :)

I couldn't have done it without @Mstybl95 proof reading and helping me organise my thoughts, she was invaluable :)
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @sparkfairy1 very well written! Also... I never saw that pre-release video.. I like the look of the neighborhood view so much more than this mediocre thing we have now!
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Excellent work, @sparkfairy1. While I fear this may take the same "pay-no-mind" turn on the EA Mobile's attention span, I hope it receives appropriate attention in the end.

Now, excuse me, as I wait for the usual "the author has no idea what they're talking about" comments to pop up.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,966 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    Excellent work, @sparkfairy1. While I fear this may take the same "pay-no-mind" turn on the EA Mobile's attention span, I hope it receives appropriate attention in the end.

Now, excuse me, as I wait for the usual "the author has no idea what they're talking about" comments to pop up.

I don't they'll pop up. Everyone has been congratulatory and respectful. Congrats @sparkfairy1 on a well-written and insightful article. :)
  • Options
    ZerakZerak Posts: 57 Member
    I won't begrudge the author most of their points, but point 8 is only partially correct. Tuning mods have always had to be updated with each patch that made changes to the files they alter. This has always been a thing and is not new with the Sims 4. In terms of being "modder friendly" I would say Maxis have in fact succeeded, and exceeded my own expectations thanks to simgurumodsquad. If modders are leaving the community, they are leaving because of any of the authors previous points, but not because the game is modder unfriendly.
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Thank you for writing the article, Spark Fairy. Makes me wonder if any Maxis or EA employees will bother reading and commenting on it, or hopefully revive Ask A Guru.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @sparkfairy1 Great job with your article. I would say I hope EA reads it but I know they won't. :-P However, it's really cool to see our voices in the same platform that Rachel posted her "thoughts" earlier on.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    ZerakZerak Posts: 57 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Zerak wrote: »
    I won't begrudge the author most of their points, but point 8 is only partially correct. Tuning mods have always had to be updated with each patch that made changes to the files they alter. This has always been a thing and is not new with the Sims 4. In terms of being "modder friendly" I would say Maxis have in fact succeeded, and exceeded my own expectations thanks to simgurumodsquad. If modders are leaving the community, they are leaving because of any of the authors previous points, but not because the game is modder unfriendly.
    Actually modders like DrChillGood have. Many mods broke with the March patch and quite a number of modders quit then.

I can't speak for DrChillGood, but by his own admission on his modthesims member page, he is "Retired from modding until EA puts some effort into TS4" which suggests his problems lie with the gameplay, not that modding is unfriendly. I am not debating the gameplay, which many people obviously find lacking in certain areas.

• Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    That's a very well written article and it sums up what a lot of us are thinking. Good work!
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    ENolan wrote: »

I don't they'll pop up. Everyone has been congratulatory and respectful. Congrats @sparkfairy1 on a well-written and insightful article. :)

I definitely agree with you. But law of averages and simple difference of opinion always ends up drawing out the side that just won't open up to something eye opening.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    Zerak wrote: »

I can't speak for DrChillGood, but by his own admission on his modthesims member page, he is "Retired from modding until EA puts some effort into TS4" which suggests his problems lie with the gameplay, not that modding is unfriendly. I am not debating the gameplay, which many people obviously find lacking in certain areas.
    I've actually talked to him about it. But feel free to clear it with @S100Headache yourself too if you want. It's pretty cool Honeywell is making TS2 mods again recently. A lot of the modders at MTS are super nice and smart. I always love talking to Simmers there. I don't want to track away from the OP's thread anyway since she has talked to him as well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Thank you @sparkfairy1 for taking the time and making the effort to write this article. Someone mentioned before that it is really good to see the players perspective on the same platform that RF used earlier... and how true that is. It makes for quite sad reading doesn't it.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I really like the article, but i already told sparks i would have wanted more "shade" for Rachel's telemetry :D