Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDER'S DICE - ON HIATUS

Comments

• Options
    JayceMarvelJayceMarvel Posts: 42 Member
    I've just created Doctor H's (Doctor Hector's) playroom for this, even though it's not a part of the challenge. I am a sick, sick person.
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    OOH @Lisa17ann great build! Where did you get the fog?! Does that come with the spooky pack?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    edited October 2015
    Love the build Lisa17ann just amazing the builds so far l better get on later today and judge what we have so far if l get lost or don't return send out a search party please
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Mischief Manor is a very nice home! @lisa17ann :) The exterior design of the home looks very nice! The clock tower looks great! It looks very nice how you have used the curved roofing in the dormer! The texture of the exterior looks great, and the spider webs look spooky on the exterior! The type of plants that you have placed around the edges of the home suit well the spooky type of home! They look great! It looks great how you have used the chimneys in the build to create smokey fog! The vines look great on the roofing over the front porch! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The red and black colour scheme of the rooms looks very nice! Very nice dining room! The furnishing of the room looks so nice! It looks very nice the type of curtains that you have used there and how you have placed them. The red flowers and candles on the table are pretty for sims to look at whilst enjoying eating a meal there. The patterned floor rug looks very nice in the room. Nice bar area for sims to enjoy having a drink with their meal. The fireplace will keep the room warm. The vases look nice placed either sides of the red candles on the fireplace ledge. The wall paneling looks very nice in the dining, bedroom and living rooms. The living room is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the red sofa and armchair there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there warming up in front of the fire, and watching tv. The candles with the red rose either sides of them are a nice touch on the coffee table. Nice chess nook corner for sims to have fun playing chess. The black oval floor rug adds to the very nice look of the room. It looks nice how there are plants either sides of the door way for sims to pass through when leaving or entering the room. The master bedroom is very nice! The curtains look very nice how you placed them on the bedhead wall windows, and red wall lights and table lamps look very nice either sides of the bed. The stool looks nice placed at the foot of the bed.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    JayceMarvelJayceMarvel Posts: 42 Member
    I'm giving the build a break for today. I have the lower right half of my house built and landscaped. My playroom and freezer are...wrong, just so wrong on so many levels, as those are the two places off limits to company. The rest I have to make classy to match Doctor Hector's outward appearance.

As a side note, evil is a really good trait to have for the doctor. He has a constant happy moodlet due to all the suffering in the hospital. He cures the children, though. They're his soft spot. He would never have them for dinner...er...OVER for dinner.
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Thanks @mommataurus2 @Sorceress and @rosemow :)

MommaT the fog is actually chimney stacks on the basement level and just light the fireplaces in your house and they all smoke lol
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2015
    lisa17ann wrote: »
    Thanks @mommataurus2 @Sorceress and @rosemow :)

MommaT the fog is actually chimney stacks on the basement level and just light the fireplaces in your house and they all smoke lol

I always wanted to know how that worked. Thanks for the tip! :) Awesome build btw.
  • Options
    @Lisa17ann YOU are a genius!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    I can't take credit for it I seen it in another build and have been waiting to use it for the right build...this felt like the right build to use it on. :) but, I can't argue that I am a genius hahahaha :D

• Options
    edited October 2015
    @Lisa17ann They took our lol away! Well i think I am going to borrow the idea too if that's ok! It would be perfect for my current build!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    I'll use that chimney smoke trick for the build I'm planning. :) We should be expecting more haunted house builds with the latest stuff pack and Halloween by the end of the month. :)
  • Options
    SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    Yeah I may see if I can pinch that for my upcoming castle build if it works with it!
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    EmmpEmmp Posts: 458 Member
    Hello! This looks like an awesome challenge and I'd like to try it :smiley: This is my roll!
    2 - Mob house
    1 - 200 K
    6 - 20x15 (a lot of money for the smallest lot :smirk:)
    3 - No Cool Kitchen Stuff

I hope I'll finish it today!
    You can find me at the gallery, my ID is Jan_telefon!
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing your build @Emmp ! :)
  • Options
    leotrixyleotrixy Posts: 74 Member
    Wow! @lisa17ann Great build! Chimney's smoke!? What a great idea!
    Looking forward to seeing everybody's builds. :)
    HjWuFsV.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Name of Build: The Capones
    Forum Name: Emmp
    Origin ID: Jan_telefon
    Dice Roll: 2-6-3
    This Week's Restricted Item: 3 - No Cool Kitchen
    Gallery Link: Click here for the hideout
    Click here for the mobsters

This bakery/store/home/ is the perfect hideout for the mob boss. No one will ever find the hidden door in the basement... :wink:

Front
    yqQONWk.png

First floor
    Wqgl3FJ.png

Second floor
    CqenhmD.png

Basement
    izcK6OV.png

EDIT - interrogation room with holding cell, it also contains a poker table and a bar.
    vgqVoFe.png

Giovanni and Francesca Morello
    vNSa4O6.png
    Giovanni - Hot-headed, Self-assured and Evil. Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration, bonus trait - Business Savvy
    Francesca - Family-oriented, Perfectionist and Jeaolous. Successful Lineage Aspiration, bonus trait - Domestic
    Post edited by Emmp on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @Emmp LOl! Your mob hideout is GREAT! Is it funny that I would have made a bakery too if I had that category?! lol! Hey if you want to hide your dough there is no better place than a bakery! haha I love your sims too!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    Thank you @mommataurus2! :lol: I know, its the perfect thing! And it was really fun to make, I'm glad I entered, I would never have done something like this otherwise :smiley: And yes, I did hide knifes and baseball bats in the basement....
  • Options
    @Emmp my only suggestion would be for future challenges, try to go into your build with sims. Hit pause, then take some screenshots with the tab button and the c button. The overhead shots are great cause they show us your layout, but we'd like to see the inside too. Helps us to better see the awesome decor.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Thank you for the tip @mommataurus2! I do have some screenshots from the inside, but it was a maximum of 5 pics in the challenge so I didn't include them, even though I wanted to:blush:

Edit: Although, I'm not sure if the mobsters count? So maybe I can put in one more pic?

Edit 2: Ok, so I uploaded one more!
  • Options
    Great build @Emmp !
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The Capones is a great hideout for the sims! @Emmp :) It is a great idea to have the build as a bakery and clothing store, then have the secret basement hideout! Very nice exterior of the build! The awnings looks nice over the front windows. Nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors at the umbrella covered table eating food that they have bought at the bakery. The raised flower bed along the front edges of the building looks very nice. Very nice layout of the interior of the build! The basement level looks great! The cell looks scary there for anyone who the sims don't like! Very nice bar counter area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and discussing what they are planning to do. The cabinets look great how they are placed around the edges of the drinks display shelves to create an alcove section. The brick texture of the walls gives a great look to the level. They will have fun playing card games on the table in the corner nook.
    The build is very nice :) The two sims who run the store and live there are very nice! The red and the black colour scheme of their outfits looks nice.
  • Options
    Thank you very much @pronterus and @rosemow :blush:
  • Options
    Thanks so much @leotrixy I wish I could remember what build I originally seen it in so I can give them credit! But, it is a great trick ;)