Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Passion without the Venom

Comments

• Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited September 2015
    Leena wrote: »
    I wanted to show some support for Sims 4 with this thread and was hoping some others might come forward to say they also love the game and despise the negativity. If by slim chance the people working on Sims 4 ever read these forums, I'd like them to see that some of us do love this game and appreciate their work....that's really what I was thinking. I wasn't looking for a new thread of hate but perhaps I was naive.

Nah you are not naive, people just like turning everything into something else to express how they feel.

I love the game too, the forums are so negative (not talking about the very goo constructive feedback some give), pure negativity sometimes. I mean is a game, a fun software, not a medicine software that needs to fit specific standards according to the law/health.

I hope we get more fun stuff. I like the game and get to work was very creative (aliens are my less fav supernatural but they were greatly done, best in the franchise imo), I love spa day have been waiting for years to get the cool detailed spas from Superstar. And they even put yoga classes in it, also very creative!

I am not saying the game is perfect, sometimes they cut corners like sims not waiting in line in get to work retail, or teens being the same height of adults (even though they look thinner and have different proportions, on the other hand I like to share the same adult and teen clothes, when I was a teen I bought adult clothes all the time, so is kinda more realistic than sims 2 for example, that teens had like 3 formal clothes lol). But nothing is ever perfect so if you are having fun just keep supporting and buying EPs, playing, etc till you enjoy playing :)

I really like Sims 4 and I am glad is nothing like how Sims 3 it plays.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    So who do we blame then, OP? Who is really at fault that the game isn't appealing to many others?

Spartan cry: MAXIS RAWRRRRR! :joy:
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    > @nanashi-sims said:

> Spartan cry: MAXIS RAWRRRRR! :joy:

Brilliant!
  • Options
    > @Corey785 said:
    > Actually, I've seen much more venom from the pro-TS4 supporters than anti-TS4.
    >
    > I've seen people tell the "negative side" to stop acting like children, take a hike, face the truth, call them disrespectful little brats, "don't let the door hit you on the way out" and get constructive threads deleted or locked.
    >
    > They've also created threads attacking specific people (not this one, it's more tame" and they've remained OPEN.
    >
    > Honestly, the positive side is just as disrespectful as the negative side with exceptions to a few simmers.

Yup, heaven forbid anyone express an opinion that is not loving on Sims 4. As @sparkfairy1 has said numerous times, there is a massive difference between hate and feedback.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Agreed, OP. People are being far too hostile over a game.

It's just a game.

Really, it's just a game.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Second, Where do we go? What other life Simulation do you think we should play?

Sims 1, 2 and 3 are still amazing games!
    And who knows Sims 5 too. You may thank the complainers if it will come to that.
    If you think that hateful or insulting attacks from the complainers will make the Sims 5 a better game then think again. The attacks has made the gurus leave this forum because people won't understand that they can't break the confidentiality contract they have signed with EA and tell about their work and knowledge on unannounced future stuff. Chasing the gurus away to other social media instead of having constructive discussions with them here doesn't help at all. The negativity here will probably also make EA even more stubborn to not obey what EA probably see as "some hateful immature kids demanding toddlers for their dollhouse game and not accepting EA's right to decide how to make EA's own games" because EA's top are of course interested in much more important economical subjects than such things and just see the Sims 4 as their own property which they pay for and has to market and sell.

I don't get all this Attack stuff people are talking about. Where is this attacking that is going on here to the Gurus?
    There will always be trolls, that's the nature of the beast but saying we attack them and chase them away... it's, it's not true from where I'm standing.

I've seen the Ask a Guru topics. They can't answer but we have to ask. Who knows if they might that one day be able to answer and no one asks? It's the frustration of them having an ask the guru topic and not really being able to say anything but what their favorite color is.

If EA wants to see us as children then nothing we do would change that. They already - in my opinion - took us for granted,, now they can reap the rewards, so to speak.

To me this place is not so negative until so many come in and start calling us negative. Then we have to stand up and, "WTHeck are you saying."
    I feel this is from people who only see the frustrated posts and the flippant (it's in my head now) comments by others - on all three sides of this.

.... and Now I'm lost with your last sentence.

Are people coming from other sites to stir up this place? There is not so much hate here, there is frustration and despair but the all out blind hate I keep hearing about these last few days are only by a small few. I'm so .... confused. :(

Have you ever seen a political press conference where the journalists keep asking the politicians about details they have discussed by closed doors? If the journalists do that then the press conference usually ends very quickly because the politicians soon become tired about answering that they can't talk about such confidential matters.

It is the same here. If I was a guru then I would also have left if I half of the time just have to keep answering that "We can't talk about future stuff" because I would also soon have been tired of repeating myself. Repeating yourself by giving the same answers to the same questions over and over again is never any fun.

I don't agree that you (and very many others) had to keep asking when you already knew that they couldn't answer. You have to trust them when they tell you that.

What I see as attacks on EA and the gurus isn't information about what you would have liked very much to have been in the games. It is the "threats" about boycotts and punishing EA for not making the game exactly as you wanted it. People seem to think that just because they also bought the earlier games this means that EA didn't have the right to omit any of the content which they liked from the new version of the game. But it is EA's game and in principle EA can do with it exactly what EA wants. Just as we usually can do with everything we own even if some other people don't like it.

So if EA stops the series or makes new versions of the game much smaller or different then there is nothing we can do about it. We aren't forced to keep buying the game and we can tell EA that we didn't like such changes. But we have no right at all to feel insulted because the game is EA's property and EA has therefore every right to do with it exactly what EA wants.
  • Options
    What EA don't have the right to do however, is state that all life stages from Sims3 will also be in Sims 4 when that clearly was not going to happen. To then ask those who have preordered the game based on this assertion to have faith and patience and not cancel the preorders after the announcement of no toddlers, pools, cars etc is deliberating misleading and there is simply no getting away from that. Reasons given for why the content was cut has varied over time, the latest being based on telemetry which is just ridiculous.
    EA can make whatever kind of game they like but the onus is on them to be upfront about the product they are selling and they simply have not done that with Sims 4. People have every right to express their dissatisfaction however they please and that does include telling others of their decision to boycott. EA are choosing to play a very foolish game with a fanbase that has proven to be loyal and lucrative.
  • Options
    You're absolutely right, we are all Simmers! :)
  • Options
    @CherbitDip Yes people have the right to tell others about their decision to boycott. Maybe also to threaten the gurus and their employer even though such a thing is usually just foolish.

Let us take an analogy: Let us assume that your baker stops making the kind of bread or special cake that you prefer. Or that your local supermarket stops selling your favorite toothpaste and start selling a different brand instead. You can tell the stores that you would have prefers that they wouldn't have done that and you can tell it to your friends too. Maybe even tell your friends that will switch to a different baker or supermarket where you can get something you prefer. But you will usually not go into the baker store or into the supermarket and yell or with an angry voice tell the storekeepers that you and some of your friends will start a boycott of the store until the store obey you and switches back to your preferred goods! In those cases you would instead be realistic enough to see that you wouldn't optain anything with that sort of threats.
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Leena wrote: »
    I don't think all critisism around here is constructive, some goes closer to pointless nagging (sure you're free to do that too as long as it follows the rules). I think threads like this are about who feels comfortable being in this space and who doesn't. It's clear that there are people who don't feel comfortable because of the divide.
    Absolutely. Some people can be very hostile and it creates a really bad vibe.

Oh yes, and threads like these are so much better! :D

Did you know there is a difference between criticizing a game and the game's creator(s) and judging other people on a forum? Yeah. But whatever floats your boat. This is just another flame bait thread meant to start another fight, this wasn't created for "positivity" at all.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,966 Member
    @CherbitDip Yes people have the right to tell others about their decision to boycott. Maybe also to threaten the gurus and their employer even though such a thing is usually just foolish.

Let us take an analogy: Let us assume that your baker stops making the kind of bread or special cake that you prefer. Or that your local supermarket stops selling your favorite toothpaste and start selling a different brand instead. You can tell the stores that you would have prefers that they wouldn't have done that and you can tell it to your friends too. Maybe even tell your friends that will switch to a different baker or supermarket where you can get something you prefer. But you will usually not go into the baker store or into the supermarket and yell or with an angry voice tell the storekeepers that you and some of your friends will start a boycott of the store until the store obey you and switches back to your preferred goods! In those cases you would instead be realistic enough to see that you wouldn't optain anything with that sort of threats.

In the case you lay out we wouldn't complain to the local supermarkets but instead take it up directly with the company that manufactures the bread. And that's exactly what is being done here. We are not expressing dissatisfaction with the local stores that carry the game but are going directly to the developers and executives that make the decisions about the game.
  • Options
    @Erpe I'm not going to argue the point back and forth with you. We clearly disagree on a few things and that's ok, I don't feel the need to keep on hammering my point of view over and over again to try and convince you or others that I'm right. I don't think there is anything wrong in letting a developer of a game know where they have let some fans down, it is feedback plain and simple.

• Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    And, ironically, the main reason that these forums are so aggressive is the silence and lack of transparency from the Dev team. When they start actually taking responsibility and being open with their customers, I think you'll see a shift in many attitudes. Will there ever be a point when everyone is happy? Not likely, but them openly acknowledging the issues that they have created would be the first step towards a more pleasant forum experience.

They were, once. However nothing they did could make people satisfied, so... I would leave too. Just saying.

So when the going gets tough, just run and hide?

People like that are disqualified from being on my Zombie Apocalypse Survival Team. :D
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
  • Options
    @nanashi-sims at the risk of repeating myself - brilliant!
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    @nanashi-sims, to chime in with the above-amazing analogy :D
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2015

Actually..

If they charged me $80 for that bread or toothpaste, and it turned out to be of less quality than the previous items I have bought from this place for cheaper..

I probably would yell, yes.

Especially if they took that toothpaste, and tried to have a dance party in front of me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    LOL! Cheers :blush:
  • Options

In the case you lay out we wouldn't complain to the local supermarkets but instead take it up directly with the company that manufactures the bread. And that's exactly what is being done here. We are not expressing dissatisfaction with the local stores that carry the game but are going directly to the developers and executives that make the decisions about the game.
    No people just started attacking the gurus and threatening them because the gurus couldn't promise them any of the changes those people wanted. (So the gurus left the forum.) In your analogy this would be the same as angrily threaten the local supermarket because the local supermarket couldn't promise you that the big bread-making company would change the taste of the bread in the ways that you wanted ;)