Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Passion without the Venom

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2015
    OP nobody wants The Sims 4 to be another Sims 3. I am sure even die hard sims 3 fans would want this game to be better.
    We all want The Sims 4 to be the best game in the franchise.

There is no harm in supporting the game where it deserves. I do that too, but when it comes to criticism it is very important to be there. The Sims 4 has killed family play, it messed up with the life stages of the sims, it brought us small worlds even despite being a closed world.
    The sims 4 deletes the sims that I take hours of giving them a makeover, The sims 4 has some horrible shortcuts where animation is concerned.

I love CAS mode in TS4 and I think the sims in this game looks really good, but the above problems are core problems. We have been given the cold shoulder by the developers and that RF interview was just too much. Thats why you will see very less supporters of the game. And every day the supporters will be become less

All I want you to do is not to be biased and think about it. Give the credit where it is due but don't ignore the serious problems this game is having.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Leena wrote: »
    I want to apologize to the people who believe I was attacking them for voicing their feelings on certain aspects of the game. I truly wasn't having a dig at you. I fully support all of you who are passionate about toddlers and other features you want back in the game. As I said previously, I think being passionate and vocal on this game is a healthy thing for everyone. I just hate when the feedback turns into personal attacks and bullying towards the creators. That's what I was voicing my opinion on.
    Anyway, thank you for your replies. I just wanted to put some positivity back in the forums but it didn't really work out and it's ok, I understand I could have worded it better.
    Time to retreat back into the audience and eat popcorn. :|
    You worded it fine, people are simply jumping to conclusions or not reading it before they post.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Second, Where do we go? What other life Simulation do you think we should play?

Sims 1, 2 and 3 are still amazing games!
    And who knows Sims 5 too. You may thank the complainers if it will come to that.
    If you think that hateful or insulting attacks from the complainers will make the Sims 5 a better game then think again. The attacks has made the gurus leave this forum because people won't understand that they can't break the confidentiality contract they have signed with EA and tell about their work and knowledge on unannounced future stuff. Chasing the gurus away to other social media instead of having constructive discussions with them here doesn't help at all. The negativity here will probably also make EA even more stubborn to not obey what EA probably see as "some hateful immature kids demanding toddlers for their dollhouse game and not accepting EA's right to decide how to make EA's own games" because EA's top are of course interested in much more important economical subjects than such things and just see the Sims 4 as their own property which they pay for and has to market and sell.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    But you didn't put any positivity into the forums. Positivity is when you say nice things- to the Devs, to Maxis, to the Simmers, about the game.

But I guess you showed your passion. I hope next time you want to join, which you shouldn't feel like you have to fade, you can give your likes and points and share you enjoyment of the game.

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I want to apologize to the people who believe I was attacking them for voicing their feelings on certain aspects of the game. I truly wasn't having a dig at you. I fully support all of you who are passionate about toddlers and other features you want back in the game. As I said previously, I think being passionate and vocal on this game is a healthy thing for everyone. I just hate when the feedback turns into personal attacks and bullying towards the creators. That's what I was voicing my opinion on.
    Anyway, thank you for your replies. I just wanted to put some positivity back in the forums but it didn't really work out and it's ok, I understand I could have worded it better.

OP you don't need to apologize, instead of apologizing it is better to change the thread title "Please Stop the Hate" to something less hostile if you want to avoid hostility from others.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

And who knows Sims 5 too. You may thank the complainers if it will come to that.
    If you think that hateful or insulting attacks from the complainers will make the Sims 5 a better game then think again. The attacks has made the gurus leave this forum because people won't understand that they can't break the confidentiality contract they have signed with EA and tell about their work and knowledge on unannounced future stuff. Chasing the gurus away to other social media instead of having constructive discussions with them here doesn't help at all. The negativity here will probably also make EA even more stubborn to not obey what EA probably see as "some hateful immature kids demanding toddlers for their dollhouse game and not accepting EA's right to decide how to make EA's own games" because EA's top are of course interested in much more important economical subjects than such things and just see the Sims 4 as their own property which they pay for and has to market and sell.

I don't get all this Attack stuff people are talking about. Where is this attacking that is going on here to the Gurus?
    There will always be trolls, that's the nature of the beast but saying we attack them and chase them away... it's, it's not true from where I'm standing.

I've seen the Ask a Guru topics. They can't answer but we have to ask. Who knows if they might that one day be able to answer and no one asks? It's the frustration of them having an ask the guru topic and not really being able to say anything but what their favorite color is.

If EA wants to see us as children then nothing we do would change that. They already - in my opinion - took us for granted,, now they can reap the rewards, so to speak.

To me this place is not so negative until so many come in and start calling us negative. Then we have to stand up and, "WTHeck are you saying."
    I feel this is from people who only see the frustrated posts and the flippant (it's in my head now) comments by others - on all three sides of this.

.... and Now I'm lost with your last sentence.

Are people coming from other sites to stir up this place? There is not so much hate here, there is frustration and despair but the all out blind hate I keep hearing about these last few days are only by a small few. I'm so .... confused. :(
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Thank you, if it's a misunderstanding then it's fine :) but I agree with @halimali1980 perhaps before you would leave you could change the title and prevent people from getting hurt after you are gone :)

I hope that you realised that the same passion you have is the same we have-it's just we aren't included in TS4 yet. And that's painful, especially for those of us who have invested money in this game. The onus was on the team to let us know that our play styles werent a priority but they didn't and now they are only upsetting people more by trying to suggest we don't know we aren't the only play style when on the huge family thread that's on the first post I made in November-that I don't want to impede others and on the thread we've discussed that exact thing at length. So RF was showing that she really doesn't read the thread and is assuming things which are untrue which makes it worse.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Time to retreat back into the audience and eat popcorn.
    :|

Hmmmmmmm. So you started a thread named "Please Stop the Hate", got other simmers riled up, hurt feelings and now it's time to sit back with some popcorn and watch the fallout. ;)

• Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Hi :smiley: No one wants a replica...you are speaking about things you don't quite understand...
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member

They are (except I'd argue about TS3 lol) but why should TS4 only be reserved for people without complaints? Why can't we all enjoy the next iteration of the franchise? Why should we be left out like we already are? Why should EA/Maxis get away with spoiling a certain group of players while completely dismissing the rest of us?
    I never said you should. In fact I do believe that family players and the like should (and will) get what they want, but I do think they will have to wait because what they are asking for are monumental tasks. Meanwhile some of them are calling for the game to get scrapped because it doesn't (yet) offer what they want at the level they want it.

I think you're either over-simplifying an argument, or you haven't read the replies to threads that you yourself posted on :confused: The call for scrapping the game is directly related to issues with the core of the game--not because of missing features. I'm surprised you're saying that actually.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Nevermind, it appears someone's already explained to you the use of the edit option :unamused:
  • Options
    LeenaLeena Posts: 77 Member

Nevermind, it appears someone's already explained to you the use of the edit option :unamused: [/quote

I don't understand why you keep digging at me. All I've said is I enjoy the game but wish the forums could be less hateful and vicious towards RF and the team. I don't know why you keep grumbling at everything I say when I'm not the enemy.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Nevermind, it appears someone's already explained to you the use of the edit option :unamused:

I don't understand why you keep digging at me. All I've said is I enjoy the game but wish the forums could be less hateful and vicious towards RF and the team. I don't know why you keep grumbling at everything I say when I'm not the enemy.

I don't think you're the enemy; I think you're like everybody else here and that you yourself didn't realise that. You said you're naive, I said well if that can be applied to you, apply it to others here. Also, if you've have read the forums as much as you say then I'm sure you've seen this approach before along with the predictable result.

And I initially scoffed at the popcorn comment, because there's an edit option--someone already informed you of this--so I used the edit option. It's very easy to take back your words here if you say something you know is wrong. So there is no need to sit back and eat popcorn... again, you've made your edits so this statement doesn't apply to you.

Finally, I don't have an issue with you as a person. I have an issue with this post. I'm sure once you start posting about how much you love the game, I'll come to look to forward to your contributions here. However, at that this moment, I don't think this thread is helpful at all. I think it is a distraction for the players who want to talk about how much they like their game and a distraction to players who want to talk about how much they don't like their game. If anything it's just half game feedback and half forum feedback... and for the forum feedback part I'm pretty sure almost everyone here regardless of their opinion of the game agrees with you. Instead of popping into a "give us your feedback" thread or reporting the players who are viciously attacking the EA/Maxis team, you come in--and after a perfunctory comment about how you like TS4--proceed to lecture us all on board rules--which we already know.

That being said, I apologise if my comments come across as digging. I don't think I have any enemies here in this forum--just a lot of people who disagree with what I have to say, and some of these people I enjoy talking to the most.

BTW: If you want to know how to inject positivity and levity in this forum, then go read the death is fat thread because, in my opinion, that is how you do it.
  • Options
    Or the Mr Sausages thread. That unites everyone :)
  • Options

I miss that post- made me smile and think. :)
  • Options

It's still here, but sadly not updated. I miss it too but it's fond memories :)
  • Options

It's still here, but sadly not updated. I miss it too but it's fond memories :)

Lol~ I know. I got a notice 3 times on it and I just knew... but no, she's not come back. :cry:
  • Options
    TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    I wonder if the people that buy Get Together and show passion and venom on the forum will make rival groups of the happy and sads as a therapeutic outlet?
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    You said it yourself, everyone is entitled to their opinion. All criticism is constructive if it makes them work harder. The only thing that is utterly pointless are threads like these.

Why is this thread pointless? Because it is supporting TS4??

This thread isn't about supporting the game, it's about insulting those that don't. I don't appreciate being called a 'hater'. Everyone has the right to voice their own opinion on the game. I don't attack anyone personally, the gurus or Rachel. I do happen to think they are doing a bad job and that Rachel is not a good representative for this game. I don't insult her or the devs on a personal level and the majority don't either. Yes, occassionally comments go too far and I can understand why certain things get removed and deemed disrespectful but the majority of the 'haters' are fair minded simmers who happen to not unconditionally love this game. Sorry if that rains on your happy parade but you can thank us for free dishwashers, pools, basements, all things we would have been charged for if people like us didn't question our rights to get value for money in a base game.

*applause*
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I may not get actively involved in these forums but I read and absorb them pretty much every day. I'm a huge Sims 4 fan, I truly love this game and find it endlessly charming and beautiful. I love to build my worlds up and create families and then spend a few months playing before starting again. I understand this game is young and we can expect lots to be added to it over the next few years so I don't feel I need to make a song and dance over what content i'd like to see. Obviously I'd love some toddlers, seasons and perhaps a colour wheel and loads more furniture so I can get creative with my houses but I trust the creators and whatever they have planned for the game. I'm looking forward to seeing Sims 4 grow and evolve and become richer, it's exciting.

That being said, it does truly sadden me to see so many Simmers get so hostile and aggressive with their demands for Sims 4. It also surprises me how many Simmers seem to want an exact replica of previous Sims game expansions. Surely if you want Sims 4 to be Sims 3 then just play Sims 3?

Yes, of course everyone is entitled to share their feedback and opinions but I'm not talking about the people leaving constructive criticism of a much loved game, I'm talking about the people who are being incredibly vicious and hateful about Rachel Franklin and the team creating this game, even the Gurus. The Sims is a very personal game in the way people like to play so how on Earth can they please everyone?
    I'm of the belief that good things grow from good, positive places and nothing good can come from war which is what these forums seem to have become. Is it really any wonder Sims 4 is so secretive about new content when the forums are so aggressive

I couldn't agree with you more. It's called constructive criticism when it's given once or twice. It becomes annoying when it's done every day on almost every thread.

Happy Simming!
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    You said it yourself, everyone is entitled to their opinion. All criticism is constructive if it makes them work harder. The only thing that is utterly pointless are threads like these.

Why is this thread pointless? Because it is supporting TS4??

This thread isn't about supporting the game, it's about insulting those that don't. I don't appreciate being called a 'hater'. Everyone has the right to voice their own opinion on the game. I don't attack anyone personally, the gurus or Rachel. I do happen to think they are doing a bad job and that Rachel is not a good representative for this game. I don't insult her or the devs on a personal level and the majority don't either. Yes, occassionally comments go too far and I can understand why certain things get removed and deemed disrespectful but the majority of the 'haters' are fair minded simmers who happen to not unconditionally love this game. Sorry if that rains on your happy parade but you can thank us for free dishwashers, pools, basements, all things we would have been charged for if people like us didn't question our rights to get value for money in a base game.

The Op never called anyone a hater. In fact, she never insulted anyone. She is simply saying there is a different between constructive criticisms and wishing harm upon Rachel Franklin. If you have never attacked anyone personally over the game then the OP is not addressing you.