Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Passion without the Venom

LeenaLeena Posts: 77 Member
I may not get actively involved in these forums but I read and absorb them pretty much every day. I'm a huge Sims 4 fan, I truly love this game and find it endlessly charming and beautiful. I love to build my worlds up and create families and then spend a few months playing before starting again. I understand this game is young and we can expect lots to be added to it over the next few years so I don't feel I need to make a song and dance over what content i'd like to see. Obviously I'd love some toddlers, seasons and perhaps a colour wheel and loads more furniture so I can get creative with my houses but I trust the creators and whatever they have planned for the game. I'm looking forward to seeing Sims 4 grow and evolve and become richer, it's exciting.

That being said, it does truly sadden me to see so many Simmers get so hostile and aggressive with their demands for Sims 4. It also surprises me how many Simmers seem to want an exact replica of previous Sims game expansions. Surely if you want Sims 4 to be Sims 3 then just play Sims 3?

Yes, of course everyone is entitled to share their feedback and opinions but I'm not talking about the people leaving constructive criticism of a much loved game, I'm talking about the people who are being incredibly vicious and hateful about Rachel Franklin and the team creating this game, even the Gurus. The Sims is a very personal game in the way people like to play so how on Earth can they please everyone?
I'm of the belief that good things grow from good, positive places and nothing good can come from war which is what these forums seem to have become. Is it really any wonder Sims 4 is so secretive about new content when the forums are so aggressive

Post edited by Leena on

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    Leena wrote: »
    I wanted to show some support for Sims 4 with this thread and was hoping some others might come forward to say they also love the game and despise the negativity. If by slim chance the people working on Sims 4 ever read these forums, I'd like them to see that some of us do love this game and appreciate their work....that's really what I was thinking. I wasn't looking for a new thread of hate but perhaps I was naive.
    Sorry that's how it goes here. I have same hopes as you.
  • Options
    I don't think all critisism around here is constructive, some goes closer to pointless nagging (sure you're free to do that too as long as it follows the rules). I think threads like this are about who feels comfortable being in this space and who doesn't. It's clear that there are people who don't feel comfortable because of the divide.
    Absolutely. Some people can be very hostile and it creates a really bad vibe.
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »
    Some people are just asking for acknowledgement and honesty, its been so silent recently and since GC people feel they are not being heard. Someone official (not a moderator) needs to come here and talk to us truthfully and loosen the leash a little when it came to answering peoples questions, as people has questions they want answered and has no outlet for this.
    I personally dont 'hate' the sims 4, im disappointed which is a big difference. And I want the game to succeed and be better, i want the franchise to continue as its a game i been playing since the beginning, but i personally feel they are not listening, all i want is that confirmation that they are listening. A simple Yes of No will suffice to my many questions.

I totally understand this and in a lot of ways, I agree. I would love them to talk to us more but I do believe the reason they don't is due to how hostile some Simmers can be. Of course I could be totally wrong on that, it's just my theory.
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    edited September 2015
    Well i certainly hope they are not keeping a distance to us just because they are afraid of negative feedback...

And i dont hate the Sims 4 or the developers either, i just dont like the way they decided to drop so many of the features i really liked in the previous game(s) in the series.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Second, Where do we go? What other life Simulation do you think we should play?

Sims 1, 2 and 3 are still amazing games!
  • Options
    I'm honestly not attaking the players who are voicing their opinions and speaking up for what they want. I think that's great and healthy even as every game needs a passionate fan base. I'm sure the team are very grateful for all of you sharing your thoughts, likes and dislikes.
    What I despise reading is the real venomous, outright hatred and hostility towards the game and the game creators, it borders on bullying. I just don't see how that kind of feedback is helpful to anyone as surely it just creates more rifts between us and the Sims team.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Hi :)
    Second, Where do we go? What other life Simulation do you think we should play?

Sims 1, 2 and 3 are still amazing games!

Oh, Thank you. You're so Sweet! :cookie:

No new game for us (me and my pocket lint)... why should anyone else be considered but the Telemetry players. Thanks again.

Thank you. I know it's dripped in sarcasm, but I choose to take it as a compliment. :mrgreen:

There is nothing wrong with the old games, they're great. I don't know why it's considered an insult around here to suggest games you may like since sims 4 doesn't have what you want.