Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

does anyone still play S2

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2015
    well I found my old sims2 deluxe that I bought to play at my parents home. I'm installing it now, I just want to have a proper family play.
    I'll keep in installed for when I want to play this way.

You should check out this - it's easy to use and will help the game recognize new cards.
    http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    I haven't stop playing The Sims 2.
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Oh, yes! I play TS2 all the time. I can spend hours and hours playing and still want "just five more minutes" whenever I have to get off the game. :D

It's not outdated, it's classic.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I still play Sims 2, heck I went back to playing The Sims as well. I may not play them everyday - I do Sims 3 though - but I never got rid of them, and I'm glad that I didn't. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but contact customer service at Origin, they might give you the Sims UC if you ask.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I got the sims 2 UC a few months ago, haven't stopped playing since. There's SO much to do, it keeps me so occupied. It runs like a dream and the family play is the best in the series.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    i love sims 2 i am playing and its so much fun so much to do
  • Options
    mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    I just started playing ts2 yesterday and played for hours on in. It was my first time playing it. I didn't know anything about sims until sims 3. I downloaded the uc when it was free on orgin. Now I see why so many people rave about ts2. Its so fun and the best part is I had my adorable toddlers to play with.
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    Sims 2 is so much fun, I can play hours and hours of it and find something new to do.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Yep, I play a couple times a week. I still really enjoy Sims 2 quite a bit. I have 7 year old neighborhoods that are as much fun for me to play as they were when I began them.
  • Options
    pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    I never completely stopped. For me, the gameplay is wonderful and, even after all these years, my games feel fresh. I'm not in love with the Sims' appearances, but I find myself feeling far more connected to them than any other iteration.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I play it daily and I need some Starbucks!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I had Sims2 entirely on disk. But, I did purchase one item, the Holiday Pack digitally. I'm so glad I did now, because my grandson, who is now five, managed to destroy my base game disk when I lent it to his mother. Hey, he was a curious infant and had figured out how to pop open the disk drive on her laptop. About the time I was thinking I'd love to play it again, EA gave us Sims2:UC. I have played a bit here and there, mostly last summer getting ready for Sims4.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member
    I do! I play Sims 2 more than 3 or 4. The Sims feel more real in Sims 2. They react better, they have personalities. The family gameplay is great, and I love how you can have a home business. If only they'd remake Sims 2 with today's graphics, the game would be perfect.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I do occasionally. It's a great game. I keep 2,3,4 all installed constantly. I don't have 1 anymore but I've thought about buying the collection on Ebay or something. A long time ago I put all my Sims 1 discs in a zipper folder and the threw away the cases- the install codes were on the cases! So later, my computer crashes, I get a new one and I couldn't install. SMH! I had 2 by that point so I was overly upset but I'd love to go back now for nostalgia.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Yes! A lot of people on modthesims play it too! Oooooh, soo gooooood!
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    It's the only pc game I'm playing right now.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    Of course. It's the best Sims game. And has the best La Dinamite. smiley-love008.gif
    biodina.png
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Downloading TS2 UC atm :)
  • Options
    I never completely stopped. For me, the gameplay is wonderful and, even after all these years, my games feel fresh. I'm not in love with the Sims' appearances, but I find myself feeling far more connected to them than any other iteration.
    CYMERA_20150915_172354_zpsuqduyh1g.jpg
    this is a cute family i have going right now get custom content it makes the sims 2 very pretty like mine

• Options
    CYMERA_20150915_172354_zpsuqduyh1g.jpg
    this is a cute family i have going right now get custom content it makes the sims 2 very pretty like mine
    CYMERA_20140731_204900_zps23lyxvaf.jpg

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    Downloading TS2 UC atm :)

please remind me what UC is????
    I've been playing sims2 today and started with the family with four kids in the family bin, in Veronaville? It is a lot harder then sims4 with a large family, But so much fun, and I enjoyed the spontaneous whims of the sims, the teen got her fun from riding on the fridge door, I forgot all about that, the kids could jump on the bed, and the teen could bath her toddler sister, and hug her other sister while sitting on the sofa.. so much fun. and the bills are so much cheaper. parents won't go to work if there is a child or toddler awake.
    I played for several hours, then went and played sims3 for an hour.
    I'm sure there will be loads more to find in sims2 as I play it again.
  • Options
    TigresslullabyTigresslullaby Posts: 94 Member
    I want to go back to it. I have the Ultimate Collection (and I didn't have all the stuff packs originally so that was exciting). The only reason that I'm not playing it is CAS. One of my favorite parts of the Sims is making unique characters and TS4 CAS has spoiled me. Though that is really all I do when I do play TS4 (even though I've bought everything.....). I need to go find some CAS mods so I can get back into TS2. That game was the best!!!!!!!
    Origin id: DontBlink21

=] Happy Simming!
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Yep! Played it all afternoon actually.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yep, it is still my favorite and is timeless to me.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I do like the added features and I'm going to play occasionally. I also started up S3 again, I never got play past the first generation and I never finished all the vacation stuff. So I'll be playing that today. :)