Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

does anyone still play S2

Comments

• ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Yes I do. Constantly. I re-fell in love with it when Origin put UC up last year. I didn't want to go through the hassel of doing it physically with disc's if it didnt work well on 7. When the reviews came out that UC was working well, I went for it. Barely played 3 since. I love 3's content volume, and it's beautiful worlds and environments, but the gameplay in Sims 2 is just addicting. I did a lot of stuff in my game in the past year that I really have wanted to always do. I created a OFB restaurant with the Sim kids I had planned to years ago, made a "garden shop", apartment complex, a beach house... etc... I just love the Sims 2. It really is the best game of the 4. Hopefully, 4 will surpass it one day.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I never completely stopped. For me, the gameplay is wonderful and, even after all these years, my games feel fresh. I'm not in love with the Sims' appearances, but I find myself feeling far more connected to them than any other iteration.
    CYMERA_20150915_172354_zpsuqduyh1g.jpg
    this is a cute family i have going right now get custom content it makes the sims 2 very pretty like mine
    CYMERA_20140731_204900_zps23lyxvaf.jpg
    Omg where did you get the blond sim in a swimsuit's hair? <3
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    Every 3rd gaming session. :smiley: I rotate between TS2, TS3 & TSM. That way I don't get burned out on any one of them. Actually TS2 is the newest (to me) because I only played the console version back in the day, so when Origin gave it out for free, it was like a whole new game to me. I enjoy it, now that I'm used to how...different the Simmies look.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Lately, I've been playing ts2 every day. It's actually fun for me!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I play Sims 2 still. I love the added little details, and the humor makes me LOL.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I would love to play TS2 again, but I can't find it anywhere. :(
    You can get it used on Amazon.

• zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, I'm playing TS2 at the moment, but rotate between games, so for a while I'll play TS3, then move on to TS4 for a bit, then move on to TS2. :)
  • Shadow08Sims3Shadow08Sims3 Posts: 711 Member
    yes , I play Sims 2, sims 3 and sims 4
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I am currently playing as a Student in Sims 2 University life (Sims 2 Ultimate collection). My Sim is going out with a Bartender. From what I read that n your sims cant marry a bartender.
  • xXKuroFaiXxxXKuroFaiXx Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2015
    > @feetinstockings said:
    >
    > please remind me what UC is????
    > I've been playing sims2 today and started with the family with four kids in the family bin, in Veronaville? It is a lot harder then sims4 with a large family, But so much fun, and I enjoyed the spontaneous whims of the sims, the teen got her fun from riding on the fridge door, I forgot all about that, the kids could jump on the bed, and the teen could bath her toddler sister, and hug her other sister while sitting on the sofa.. so much fun. and the bills are so much cheaper. parents won't go to work if there is a child or toddler awake.
    > I played for several hours, then went and played sims3 for an hour.
    > I'm sure there will be loads more to find in sims2 as I play it again.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, here's a forum topic on how to get it: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection
    Post edited by xXKuroFaiXx on
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I have been playing it and that family is so much fun, cheap everything and than building it up from nothing, Juggling who and when uses the one bathroom. and sitting on the couch to eat because they cant afford a dining set. lol so much fun.
    hubby found the EP so I can have appartments to, going to play that this evening.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited November 2015
    I have been playing it and that family is so much fun, cheap everything and than building it up from nothing, Juggling who and when uses the one bathroom. and sitting on the couch to eat because they cant afford a dining set. lol so much fun.
    hubby found the EP so I can have appartments to, going to play that this evening.

Awesome. If I only had money for a Mac. I know for a fact it still being sold on that operation system. Even though I have Sims 2 Ultimate edition.
  • Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
    I play Sims 2 everyday!!! Its the only one I play daily! I love everything about it
    I have the deluxe edition but no apartments in that, even though it has a downtown. I will get the right ep.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I jump between 1,2,3,4 and Medieval, currently I am playing sims 2, I was on SimPe all day yesterday making a baby outfit package and is very happy how it came out, wish I could do the same for sims 4, but I don't have the right programs, I only use SimPe and normal old windows paint for my clothes in sims 2 :)
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    yup still play sims 2. the adult side of me refuses to get rid of any sims seeing as i put sooo much money in to the franchise. anyone missing it, i advise you to check your local thrift stores. i've found bits and pieces of sims 1-3 in thrift stores all the time but don't buy them because i already own them. i almost bought a sims 1 double deluxe the other day since it was like $3 at goodwill..
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    @mcrudd i've been thinking about using SimPe again but it's been sooo long since I've used it.. is it easy to pick up after not using it for years?
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    hellojewby wrote: »
    @mcrudd i've been thinking about using SimPe again but it's been sooo long since I've used it.. is it easy to pick up after not using it for years?

It took a while to figure out how to change the sub action strings, but all the rest of it, you recognise and know what to do pretty quickly. Its like riding a bike LOL. Only negative is when I went googling for help, I could see the instructions but most of the images have been removed or were retired, but its all good, just fiddle around and you get it right :)
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I jump between 1,2,3,4 and Medieval, currently I am playing sims 2, I was on SimPe all day yesterday making a baby outfit package and is very happy how it came out, wish I could do the same for sims 4, but I don't have the right programs, I only use SimPe and normal old windows paint for my clothes in sims 2 :)

I completely forgot about this, we could change colours and textures, Oh I wish we had this for sim4.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I play The Sims 2, I play The Sims (1). I feel, that The Sims 2 is best game.
    I just played it for all of ten minutes. but my mind can relax enough to enjoy at the moment, so I'm going back to 4 for today.
  • quentin612quentin612 Posts: 104 Member
    I still play sims 2 and 3, I just can't give up my toddlers
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    I am currently playing as a Student in Sims 2 University life (Sims 2 Ultimate collection). My Sim is going out with a Bartender. From what I read that n your sims cant marry a bartender.

Your Sim can't marry because they are a student (young adult) but they can get engaged to a young adult or an adult.
    After leaving college (hopefully graduated!), they can marry provided they are engaged.

I have played Student Sims who later marry their Professor! :)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have the UC thru Origin, but when I got my Mac Desktop, it won't play. Mac doesn't support windows :s
    BUT, Mac does offers the "Sims2 Super Collection" so I bought that one and it looks great in the game. Loving it <3
    I noticed today that Mac is also offering "Sims2 Life Stories" now. Not sure, but I may get that one.

So, yes, I do still play 2 and 3 atm!

*hugs*
  • Darth_TyressDarth_Tyress Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes! I'm actually in the process of reinstalling everything now :) I just hope I can reimport my old, saved files without an issue!