Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Live mode] More interactions for each Trait and Emotion

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

The traits and the emotions are limited to 1 or 2 exclusive interactions, it's extremely poor.

Several of them are disable on NPC townies, it causes these sims got no personality and almost no emotion (only sad, angry & flirty are really expressed).

For example, your sim got a "Bro" NPC friend but "Bro" trait means nothing in their relationship, it's very strange for a "Social Trait".
It's the same problem with "Family-Oriented" NPC townies even if your sim is member of the family.

The fact the NPC townies can feel Confident, Inspired, Energized, Focused or Bored is just decorative, we can't take advantage of the situation to do something specific to these emotional states.

In The Sims 3, there were a ton of useless traits which were never improved/extended/upgraded by the game update or the packs.

In The Sims 4, instead of getting more traits, I would like the ones of the basegame mean something in the everyday life of my sims.

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    traits schould facter whay more on how a sim act and on their emotions
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I would love if traits were more fleshed out in the game. They feel kind of useless in the game now, so more interactions and ties into the game would be nice to have. I've actually tried the five trait system with mods before and preferred that over the three trait system. Zerbu actually has quite a few traits that can bring in more interesting flavors into the game. I really want more negative traits in the game like bad cook and insomnia and black widow.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Traits are so useless anyways. All they do is give you specific moodlets and some social interactions that are no different from any other. The only good trait ever was kleptomaniac because you could steal stuff with it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    In sims 3 i felt they added some to the wishes an actions of sims, some traits more than others.... it gave the sims personality
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳