Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The target demographic

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    i feel like it used to be aimed at people in their late teens or in their twenties but is now more for the "typical" 13-year old girl who doesn't really have gaming.. "experience".. you know what i mean? like the type of customer who buys something just because it has a specific brand or because famous people are promoting it or something.. idk
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Sel wrote: »
    i feel like it used to be aimed at people in their late teens or in their twenties but is now more for the "typical" 13-year old girl who doesn't really have gaming.. "experience".. you know what i mean? like the type of customer who buys something just because it has a specific brand or because famous people are promoting it or something.. idk

that might be it.... but that custumor hardly ever last unless it is fun and quality... atleast not the majority of them
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    YEs, but Mom and Dad have to pay for those tweens to play and get ep's and sp's.
  • Options
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    YEs, but Mom and Dad have to pay for those tweens to play and get ep's and sp's.

corect

and if mom or dad play sims and is unhappy with EA... well chances are they not paying.
    and as most their sims4 elements are dlc.... well atleast here in Denmark they need a card, and can't get that until they 18.....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    > @anettesb said:
    > that might be it.... but that custumor hardly ever last unless it is fun and quality... atleast not the majority of them

Apparently enough for EA :D
  • Options
    > @anettesb said:
    > that might be it.... but that custumor hardly ever last unless it is fun and quality... atleast not the majority of them

Apparently enough for EA :D

seems so... to bad
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited August 2015
    Teen Choice Awards.

Swag_zpsve3fgbh4.png

sd_zps53m1qebp.png

as_zpsztrjgwb4.png

And for those, like me lol, who don't keep up with pop stars.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Harmony

• Options
    OMG :D
    Sims 4 was so "mainstream" when it came out, with every YouTuber promoting it and stuff.. like honestly, people "let's played" the CAS Demo.. I mean it's obvious who they're promoting it to, if their most important aspect of the game is that it's "weird" :D
    The Sims used to be fun and weird at certain moments, but it was "real" and actually funny and not forced, you know?
    Idk..
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I read a few years back(I think from a guru) - during the sims 3 years - that the average age of who plays the game is 18.

Okay, after I typed the above comment, I decided to see if I could find any credible articles on it that didn't include my memory.

This is from 2010, around the sims 3 time and says the average simmer was a teenage girl, but the age was increasing and more adults were playing. I'm assuming it has only increased, including because sims fans tend to be loyal and many will grow up with the game, which is also what the article hints at.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/10/26/sims.anniversary/

This next article might be interesting to some, from 2014: it says that the average gamer is no longer the stereotypical teen boy, but adult women, and most aren't playing Facebook games like many would assume.

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/adult-women-largest-gaming-demographic/

If they knew this then why did they build a face book game? lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    My 15 year old gave Sims 4 a go during the free trial. Afterward, I asked her if she wanted me to add it to her birthday/Christmas wish list.

"Nope, Mom, it's not really all that much fun." and went back to playing Sims 2 UC.

Your daughter is one smart cookie. :)

14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    [quote="Sel;13999827"]i feel like it used to be aimed at people in their late teens or in their twenties but is now more for the "typical" 13-year old girl who doesn't really have gaming.. "experience".. you know what i mean? like the type of customer who buys something just because it has a specific brand or because famous people are promoting it or something.. idk[/quote]

I think you're right about that, especially because last night I saw not one, but two promotions on Twitter from the teen choice awards where young teen girl celebrities made themselves in cas. Someone posted the fifth harmony one but a girl from the hunger games made herself as well.
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    these people have ruined our favorite game series.
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Darkling wrote: »
    My 15 year old gave Sims 4 a go during the free trial. Afterward, I asked her if she wanted me to add it to her birthday/Christmas wish list.

"Nope, Mom, it's not really all that much fun." and went back to playing Sims 2 UC.

Your daughter is one smart cookie. :)

have to agree on that... smart girl
  • Options
    altg1229 wrote: »

I think you're right about that, especially because last night I saw not one, but two promotions on Twitter from the teen choice awards where young teen girl celebrities made themselves in cas. Someone posted the fifth harmony one but a girl from the hunger games made herself as well.

wonder if they would have fun... when going into the actuall game...

becouse yes the create a sim in sims4 is fun.... even when I find my self limited... I can have fun there... but the game no to linage
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    anettesb wrote: »

becouse yes the create a sim in sims4 is fun.... even when I find my self limited... I can have fun there... but the game no to linage

I think all they did was go into CAS, not into the actual game.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    anettesb wrote: »

I think all they did was go into CAS, not into the actual game.

ecsactly... you can't dismis nor recomend the game if you only know how to make a person in it.
    it's like saying I know this film is great I saw the poster and the producer love it.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i'm no longer ea's target audience... i've hit puberty.

sad... just so very sad... or is that hormones?
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    It's definitely not targeted to the sim fans who've been playing since ts1 :( .
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    It's definitely not targeted to the sim fans who've been playing since ts1 :( .

Because those fans know quality when they see it. At least I do.