Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is a "base game feature"?

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    KradethedarkKradethedark Posts: 17 Member
    Well, lets break this apart, shall we?
    Base: a few different definitions exist, but in this case, it means "a conceptual structure or entity on which something draws or depends."

Game: also, a few different meanings. It should refer to "a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck." or "a complete episode or period of play, typically ending in a definite result."

However, The Sims has no total failure state (thus does not fit the first definition) nor does it have an ending it would need to form a definite result.
    So here, especially based on how some behave, refers more closely to "Wild animals hunted for food." (I'll let you all decide what you think I mean by that. Not what you just thought though. It wasn't that.)

Feature: as a noun, refers to "a distinctive attribute or aspect of something" or "a newspaper or magazine article or a broadcast program devoted to the treatment of a particular topic, typically at length."

So a "Base Game Feature" would be... "An attribute of software set apart from most other software, that depends on a conceptual product."

As a final warning, take me seriously at your own risk, or you may just lose sanity points.

As for what you probably meant: Base Game Feature is an extremely generalized term for "Stuff that is included in a product without being required to attain additional products" Basically, the angry simmers (well, you are angry, after all) are saying that there are thingies they wanted in the base game that were not included in their initial purchase. If they bought it.

Too be fair, I feel for them, even if some (not all) of what they say seems sightly... extreme.