Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive Article based on Actual Gameplay of Get Together

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the review by the one who got to see parts of the EP. However, I wonder how this works when a Sim you have isn't going to be able to socialize with Sims in a group because they aren't in with the 'cool kids'? I wonder if this will hinder gameplay in some areas?
    Having the cool kids in the game could be the perfect excuse to add Echo Smith's Cool Kids song to the game. ;)

My big concern with change the core of how Sims interact once you add this EP would be if a Sim could no longer talk to other Sims and do things with them because they would snob an individual Sim and it would be harder to make friends if your Sim isn't in any group or not their particular group. I can see how this is going to Not go well for many players who already gripe it's hard enough to keep and make friends in the game for their Sim.

Reminds me of the TS3 when everyone turned out to be celebs and then in Uni everyone was a jock and or nerd or whatever. I don't particularly want any labels on my Sims and never have. Not to where you are falling out of a 'club' because you didn't interact with the jocks (just bros imho) and or the nerds for a few days. That stuff gets old fast. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Thanks for posting the review by the one who got to see parts of the EP. However, I wonder how this works when a Sim you have isn't going to be able to socialize with Sims in a group because they aren't in with the 'cool kids'? I wonder if this will hinder gameplay in some areas?
    Having the cool kids in the game could be the perfect excuse to add Echo Smith's Cool Kids song to the game. ;)

My big concern with change the core of how Sims interact once you add this EP would be if a Sim could no longer talk to other Sims and do things with them because they would snob an individual Sim and it would be harder to make friends if your Sim isn't in any group or not their particular group. I can see how this is going to Not go well for many players who already gripe it's hard enough to keep and make friends in the game for their Sim.

Reminds me of the TS3 when everyone turned out to be celebs and then in Uni everyone was a jock and or nerd or whatever. I don't particularly want any labels on my Sims and never have. Not to where you are falling out of a 'club' because you didn't interact with the jocks (just bros imho) and or the nerds for a few days. That stuff gets old fast. :/

It's a valid point. I am thinking that the groups will gain friendships faster within the group. If you make 3 groups you can cycle them so it might be helpful to your sim.
    I think the conflict part will be something you put in but we will have to see. Like maybe you can type in a box. Does not like snobs or bros... now I don't know obviously but just assuming we will have some sort of control over it.
    I can't see them giving us just roaming groups of no-goodniks. I'm actually hoping for groups that can compliment each other too. Like a grandparents group mixing with a kids group. (Like that normally turns out well.. but it does in my Pleasantville!)
    I'm going to wait and see and of course hope for the best :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

You have a very good point, and I can see where it might become a problem with the game. And I can see your concern about it. But I wouldn't worry to much about it at this point. I'm pretty certain that the dev team is trying to find ways to keep this sort of problem from occurring in the game. Get Together is after all still in the Pre-alpha stage of it's development at this point. ;)

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,005 Member
    How did I miss this thread! I am so looking forward to seeing how this actually works. Can't wait to get more info.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    yay can't wait for the 2D Facebook game neighborhood screen with only a couple empty lots and having to delete what's on them to make room for new stuff. yippie oh I'm soooo excited for yet another $40 to be put towards something that doesn't improve the game what so ever.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm gonna make the Potty Mouth Crew - Sims with Toilets for heads.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @aws200 Um... Did you read the article? The point of it is that this really changes the dynamic of the social side of the Sims. Please no yelling or arguing. Debating is fine.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    yay can't wait for the 2D Facebook game neighborhood screen with only a couple empty lots and having to delete what's on them to make room for new stuff. yippie oh I'm soooo excited for yet another $40 to be put towards something that doesn't improve the game what so ever.

So that means you'll be getting it? ;)
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sounds like the traditional spin EA and their minions tend to put on lame content. Remember how amazing and in depth the emotion system was touted to be pre release? I rest my case. Even if the club system is halfway decent it's still not a 40 dollar expansion pack. And I'm seriously doubting they've added anything major and new for sims to actually DO. I don't need a bunch of cliques in my game and I really don't need cliques running around doing the same exact stuff I can already do in the basegame. Sorry, not going to swoon and fall head over heels over this gamepack labeled as an expansion.
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I think they are moving it around. I know there are people upset about vampires.. but to me they will be better placed in a pack that has more of those types... or even divided into GP's.. which people will hate. This article has me all dreamy again :). I think I was one of the few excited by the trailer, but the next day the groups info started coming.. and now this article is very persuasive... I just can't see how people who basically have enjoyed this game can't grasp what this means.

I was excited by the trailer and even more excited now. :) I love the period between announcement and release with all the new info coming out and excitement just starts to build.
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I think they are moving it around. I know there are people upset about vampires.. but to me they will be better placed in a pack that has more of those types... or even divided into GP's.. which people will hate. This article has me all dreamy again :). I think I was one of the few excited by the trailer, but the next day the groups info started coming.. and now this article is very persuasive... I just can't see how people who basically have enjoyed this game can't grasp what this means.

I was excited by the trailer and even more excited now. :) I love the period between announcement and release with all the new info coming out and excitement just starts to build.

It's like Christmas build up to me. ;)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't know...it still sounds really vague and uninteresting to me. Although, it did get me wondering if and when they introduce motorcycles into the game....can we create the "Sons of Anarchy" Motor cycle club? or is that over the top for this game, lol.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    So... not even a new town? Do they not know that people can just download "new sims" to wander around the existing town?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    So... not even a new town? Do they not know that people can just download "new sims" to wander around the existing town?

It includes a new world the size of our original two.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

Sadly, that is the only thing I am excited about. Might have to buy the EP to get a new world.

I find that strange, during Sims 3 days, new worlds came out every month. Sigh, now they are like the holy grail.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options

So, two neighborhoods. I was hoping for an actual new town like we often got with Sims 3 expansions. More neighborhoods to never go to is not much of a feature to me.
  • Options
    @Sarduchi The world will consist of at 6 neighborhoods, along with a secret lot. And the Sims 3 worlds weren't exactly a place that you can visit anytime, so I wouldn't really want to go to a new world in The Sims 3 if I have to sever all my ties with the previous world's inhabitants.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    @Sarduchi The world will consist of at 6 neighborhoods, along with a secret lot. And the Sims 3 worlds weren't exactly a place that you can visit anytime, so I wouldn't really want to go to a new world in The Sims 3 if I have to sever all my ties with the previous world's inhabitants.

I would prefer something akin to the sims 3 world, if for no other reason then I'm tired of the existing townies. Adding more townies to the mix really doesn't seem satisfactory to me.

perhaps someone will write a mod the segregates the towns. I'd do it if not for this crippling laziness.
  • Options
    I think it's highly unlikely they will change the world structure to Sims 3 style.. just a guess though. I'm very much looking forward to this new world either way.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I would like to think that all the worlds are connected by the city that's appeared in Newcrest, Willow Creek, and Magnolia Promenade. Junction/Central City is what I'd like to imagine the place is called.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Layne1683Layne1683 Posts: 61 Member
    This review has me excited again!
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

I'm confused. Why adding a world would be Sims 3 style? Sims 4 team added Newcrest and it's connected with the other worlds, right? What are you all talking about?

Anyway, I would take adding Newcrest multiple times, like a sub world, so I can have more space. I like building.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »

Sadly, that is the only thing I am excited about. Might have to buy the EP to get a new world.

I find that strange, during Sims 3 days, new worlds came out every month. Sigh, now they are like the holy grail.

That's how Maxis is going to scam you since they don't have thesims4store.com! There's very little space in the game because we cannot edit our worlds; they're 2D Facebook games where lots are locked in position and no ability to add more.
    "You want more space? BUY OUR DLC!" Maxis. :)

Scamming 101
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    @blewis823 Well i was talking to @Sarduchi since he wanted a Sims 3 type of world. I explained one of the negatives I saw in that kind of world. Sarduchi wanted them to have the world/Windenburg in a Sims 3 style.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    This is so good. I love it.
    Thanks for posting it.